Sneakers look great when they’re still brand new, but can easily get dirty once you begin to use them. This is more so true if you don’t accord your running shoes proper care.
Although shoes can have great value and come in durable quality to last you many months or years of use, they’re bound to get dirty with stains, dirt, and scuffs.
The right cleaning products can bring your shoes such as sneakers back to life. Instead of dumping them in a garbage bin or wearing them as beaters, you can clean them and give them back their original beautiful look.
What’s more, you save on the money you’d use to replace them, and still continue to look fresh.
Whether you own over 150 pairs of shoes ranging from the luxurious Italian-made dress shoes to Air Jordan's, or just a few shoes, you can keep them looking good with the right cleaning products.
Cleaning and maintaining your shoes should be easy and fun if you use the right products. Whether you just want to remove the stains on your brand new sneakers or you’re a sucker for clean shoes, there’s a suitable product for you out there.
This article reviews the Shoe MGK vs Jason Markk shoes cleaning products. Read on to find out which product from the two brands is ideal for you.
Founded in 1992, Shoe MGK is based in Southern California. It was established when sneaker owners required something that could help keep their shoes clean. It has grown over the years to become one of the best sneaker cleaners in the world.
They also manufacture care and protection products for all types of shoes. The company has been producing high quality shoe care products for over two decades.
Their company was built on a grassroots approach as they cleaned shoes in shows and fairs in different parts across the United States to develop its brand.
The grassroots movement built a tremendous following which opened the door to partnerships with multiple brand partners which led to to the sale of millions of bottles of cleaner and protection.
The success of the company has been attributed to team dedication of everyone who is involved. Every shoe cleaning product the company manufactures and sells comes packed with a brush.
The various shoe cleaning products under the Shoe MGK brand include the following:
The Shoe MGK Starter Kit
The Starter Kit has everything you need to begin cleaning your shoes. It includes a Cleaner & Conditioner bottle and a brush to care for your shoes. The product is uniquely formulated not just to clean your shoes effectively, but also protect and prolong their lifespan.
The Shoe MGK Cleaner & Conditioner removes oil, grass stains, grime, grease, red clay, blood, stains, specific paints and inks, etc. It’s made from natural ingredients, making it an organic product. The Shoe MGK Starter Kit contains a Shoe MGK Brush and a Cleaner & Conditioner (8 ounces).
Shoe MGK includes natural ingredients; as well as Jojoba & Coconut oils, and ultraviolet brighteners. The product is water based and degrades organically to its basic components. Shoe MGK cleaners work on all kinds of materials used to make shoes. However, specific delicate materials on shoes can bleed or run. It’s important to test your shoes’ color. The
The Cleaner & Conditioner is used to clean suede and nubuck footwear; athletic, sneakers and fitness shoes; fabric footwear; and smooth leather footwear.
How to Clean with the Cleaner & Conditioner
Use a clean, dry towel to wipe the shoes dry.
If you have shoes that have more mesh or fabric shoes such as some Asics – Apply the cleaner and conditioner onto a wet brush to scrub the shoes evenly and thoroughly. Rinse the shoe material and let it air dry outside in direct sunlight.
The Shoe MGK MVP Kit is a must-have for every sneaker lover. It has everything you need to clean your sneakers, restore and protect them. The kit contains a Water & Stain Repellent bottle, two Cleaner & Conditioner bottles, a White Touch-Up Paint bottle, and a brush.
The Shoe MGK Touch-Up is the product you need to restore your shoes’ original color if they have yellowing threads, soles, and scuffs. It places a long-lasting coating on your shoes to withstand heavy wear and tear.
The unique blend of agents included in the product formula enrich and brighten your shoes, giving them back their original color and condition. The Shoe MGK Water & Stain Repellent utilizes unique technologies to protect all kinds of shoes.
The formulation adds a breathable layer over your shoes for protection against snow, rain, stains and dirt. The added layer keeps the elements on the surface of the shoes where you can easily wipe them.
The kit contains:
- A Shoe MGK brush
- Two Cleaner & Conditioner bottles, each weighing 8 ounces
- A Touch-Up White Paint weighing 3 ounces
- A Water & Stain Repellent weighing 8 ounces
How to clean with the shoe MGK Touch-Up and Water & Stain Repellent
Shoe MGK Touch-Up – First, clean the shoes with the Cleaner & Conditioner and let it air dry.
Shake the Touch-Up bottle before opening it.
Invert the bottle with the applicator on the opening.
Press it on your shoes and apply on all intended areas.
If necessary, buff to give your shoes a shine. When done, rinse the applicator with clean water. Close the bottle. Shoe MGK Water & Stain Repellent – This one is used after cleaning your shoes to protect it against stains and water.
It’s ideal for fabric, smooth leather, suede & nubuck, and athletic shoes such as sneakers and fitness shoes. Before using the product on your shoes, it’s best to test for color fastness. After cleaning and drying your shoes, they have clean surfaces free from dirt, dust and grease.
Hold the bottle about 8 inches from the opening and spray your shoes with it in a back and forth manner without saturating the shoe surface. Spray evenly and thoroughly, including the seams and let your shoes dry for 24 hours. Test them for color fastness.
The Shoe MGK Traveler Kit is ideal for cleaning your shoes on the go while traveling. It contains three cleaning items packed in a re-sealable bag. They include:
- A Shoe MGK Brush
- A Cleaner & Conditioner weighing 2 ounces
- A Microfiber Towel
The kit works for smooth leather, fabric, suede, nubuck and athletic shoes.
- The Clean & Protect Kit is a necessity to keep shoes looking like new. SHOE MGK Cleaner & Conditioner is specially formulated to effectively clean and prolong the life of all types of footwear. This product removes grass stains, oil, grease, grime, blood, red clay, inks, paints, stains and more.
- The Cleaner & Conditioner that is included in this package is derived from all natural ingredients. SHOE MGK Water & Stain Repellent uses specially formulated technologies to protect all footwear. It provides a breathable layer of protection against rain, snow, dirt and stains by keeping these elements on the surface where they can easily be wiped away.(1) 8 oz. Water & Stain Repellent
- Kit Contains: (1) 8 oz. Cleaner & Conditioner (1) 8 oz. Water & Stain Repellent (1) Shoe MGK Brush
- Apply small amount to brush and scrub thoroughly. Wipe dry with clean, dry towel Suede & Nubuck Footwear: Apply a small amount to clean, dry bristle brush. Scrub entire area thoroughly and evenly. Let dry overnight.
The Jason Markk
Founded in 2007, Jason Markk is a company that manufactures shoe cleaning products. Just like Shoe MGK cleaning products, every company Jason Markk products comes packed with a brush.
The cleaners are recommended for canvas, nubuck, suede, leather, vinyl, nylon, cloth or fabric and rubber shoes, among others.
The company was one of the first to develop a cleaning product specifically for cleaning sneakers.
The cleaners are made from natural ingredients that are easy on your shoes, but tough on stains. The brands runs “The World’s First Drop-off Sneaker Care Service” in Los Angeles’ Little Tokyo Historic District.
It offers kicks dry cleaning services for an exceptional experience. Sneaker Care Technicians (knowledgeable and experienced on the subject matter) are responsible for cleaning and caring for clients’ sneakers.
The Jason Markk crew hosts special events, that allow them to feature their full product line and other lifestyle sneaker products on the market. Their brand is determined to meet the modern consumers’ needs for clean sneakers through creative and innovative solutions.
They are working hard to become the world’s most trusted and recognized shoe cleaning brand, service and accessory. Today, its products retail in over 30 countries and 2,000 stores worldwide.
When cleaning your shoes, take extra care and be gentle on your shoes, especially when they’re made from delicate materials (such as suede, leather and cotton mesh).
In that case, you’d need the soft hog brush bristles for safe cleaning of shoes made from delicate materials. The cleaner is effective and safe on suede and/or nubuck shoes if “applied properly” as recommended by the manufacturer.
Some shoe cleaning products include:
Jason Markk Essential Kit - The kit contains a standard brush and the Premium Shoe Cleaning Solution to begin or continue cleaning your sneakers.
The 4 ounce cleaning solution is 98.3% natural and biodegradable. It doesn’t contain abrasives or harsh chemicals.
Other benefits of using the premium cleaning solution include:
- Cleans and conditions effectively
- Safe for use on all materials and colors
- The synthetic bristle is durable
- A single bottle can clean up to 100 pairs of sneakers
- Supports all-around cleaning
- The handle of the brush is handcrafted for a beautiful look (features the Jason Markk logo)
- The solution is touch on stains
- Works against tough stains and dirt on the midsoles
The Travel Kit - It contains a 2 ounces premium shoe cleaner, a microfiber towel, mini premium brush, and 3 quick wipes for use on the go.
Other Cleaning Items - They include a premium shoe cleaning brush, a premium stain and water repellent, dual-textured cleaning wipes, the Repel Spray for protection against weather elements, and the RTU Foam to clean and condition your sneakers. The Premium Microfiber Towel wipes off excess water from your shoes.
- ESSENTIAL KIT – Our signature kit which includes a 4 oz. bottle of our Premium Shoe Cleaner and Standard Brush, the perfect pairing to get you started or to maintain your cleaning fix
- PREMIUM CLEANING SOLUTION – Our best-selling Premium Shoe Cleaner effectively cleans and conditions without harsh chemicals or abrasives. A little goes a long way as the 4 oz. bottle will clean up to 100 pairs of sneakers!
- STANDARD BRUSH – The Standard Brush features synthetic bristles that are tough on stubborn stains and great for all-around cleaning*
- EVERYDAY CARE – Our products are crafted with you and the environment in mind. Since day one our original Premium Shoe Cleaner has been completely biodegradable
- USE ON ALL YOUR SNEAKERS – Our premium cleaning solution is safe to use on all colors and materials including leather, suede, nubuck, nylon, canvas, vinyl, rubber, cotton mesh, white shoes etc.** The included Standard Brush is best suited for tough materials like leather, canvas, rubber, and vinyl. For more delicate materials, we recommend using our Premium Shoe Cleaning Brush with softer hog bristles. Premium Shoe Cleaning Brush is sold separately
Conclusion: Shoe MGK Vs. Jason Markk
Cleaning and caring for your shoes is a key to keeping them looking good. You would clearly spend more buying new shoes for replacement. The best shoe cleaner can prolong the lifespan of your shoes.
Whether you own suede, leather, canvas, rubber or fabric shoes, you need the right cleaner to keep them in good shape. Both Shoe MGK and Jason Markk cleaning products can extend the lifespan of your shoes, atop giving them a great look.
All you have to do is clean, shine and waterproof your shoes to ensure they keep looking their best.
I would choose the Shoe MGK cleaners for an all-round product you can use on all kinds of shoes and if you don't run in the rain.
However, Jason Markk products are specifically made for cleaning sneakers made from all kind of materials, including delicate ones. If you live in area where it rains a lot or you enjoy running after rain, the Jason Markk is a better fit for you.
Last update on 2021-04-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API