Fitness and health are more important than ever in today’s society and with technology becoming more user friendly you can easily track your fitness journey with all sorts of gadgets.
Polar offers easy to use heart rate monitors and watches that help you set and keep fitness goals.
They will also keep you up to date on your overall health. Polar has been making the very best of sports watches and heart rate monitors since 1977.
The A300 and the FT7 are amongst the highest rated products made by Polar and although they can be used separately, they work the best and offer the most benefits when coupled together.
Polar A300 vs FT7: The Similarities
While The Polar A300 is a sports watch and the FT7 is a heart rate monitor, they do have some things in common.
The A300 and the FT7 have some major differences, the biggest being that one is that the A300 is a watch and fitness tracker while the FT7 is a heart rate monitor with extra features.
So, what are these differences and which one is the better fit for you?
Polar A300 Overview:
The Polar A 300 comes with standard features and settings like a rechargeable battery – with USB cable, which can last up to four weeks, as well as Bluetooth connection.
The Bluetooth connection allows you to answer or decline incoming calls and texts as well as social media notifications to be displayed on the screen.
The A 300 will also remind you of appointments that are on your calendar.
You have the option to turn off these audio and vibration notifications.
There is an alarm clock, a button lock, a back light, the date and time and the watch comes in black, yellow, pink, white, blue and gray.
The Polar A 300 watch is also water and sweat resistant.
- ACTIVITY TRACKER: Waterproof fitness monitor motivates you to reach your daily goal by tracking your steps, distance, and calories burned 24/7
- ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY: Vibrating inactivity alerts help you keep moving throughout the day
- SLEEP TRACKER: Automatically tracks your sleep time, quality of sleep, and sleep patterns
- COMPATIBLE: Compatible with H7 Heart Rate sensor for continuous, accurate heart rate
- CUSTOMIZE: Design your A300 fitness tracker to fit your style with interchangeable wrist bands in different colors
The Polar A 300 will track all of your daily activity - down to each step, your heart rate and the total number of calories you have burned.
The watch accurately tells you how many calories you have burned “based on your weight, height, age, gender, your individual maximum heart rate (HRmax) and how hard you’re training.”
It will then store it in the watch and can also sync it to your phone and computer. It measures this by combining the frequency, the intensity and the regularity of your daily activity with your physical information.
You can also set a daily activity goal which the watch tracks with an activity bar that fills up throughout the day.
The watch will even remind you when you have been inactive for too long.
The watch will also track your sleep patterns. At the end of the day the app will provide an activity summary of every motion you made throughout the day.
The watch comes with different training and sports settings as well as a running program and a fitness test.
The running program has four different modes to choose from, 5k, 10k, half marathon and marathon or you can set up your own running program that run-in length from 9 to fifteen weeks.
Similar to the higher end model A360, Polar 300 has over 100 sports settings to choose from which you can then personalize.
You can also personalize different training goals and targets.
The watch will send your personal feedback after your work out session as well as detailed information about how your workout has positively influenced your health.
Many of these special features work in conjunction with the Polar FT7.
Polar FT7 Overview:
The Polar FT7 is a heart rate monitor that is water and sweat resistant. The heart rate sensor is attached to your chest via a strap and then sends accurate readings to your wrist watch.
The watch will display your continuous heart rate as well as the number of calories burned during your workout. This heart rate monitor also come in six color options.
The Polar FT7 comes with the chest strap and sensor as well as the wrist watch.
In addition to displaying your heart rate and calories burned, the wrist watch will display the time and also has an alarm clock and other audible alarms.
It comes in multiple languages and comes with a two-year warranty.
- Continuous, accurate heart rate provides clear workout guidance
- Energy Pointer feature tells you if the main effect of your training is fitness improvement or fat burning
- Smart Calorie feature uses your personal data to provide accurate calories burned
- Includes heart rate chest strap made of soft fabric material that adapts to your body shape; Requires and includes chest strap for accurate heart rate
- Connects with compatible gym equipment using Gym Link and water resistant (30m)
This heart sensor features an energy pointer which tells you when you are improving your fitness or if you are burning fat, it also allows you to set target goals and helps you reach them.
The Polar FT7 is able to transfer data via Polar Flow, however that has the be purchased separately.
Polar A300 Quick Review:
- Constant fitness tracking 24/7
- Tracks sleeping patterns
- Tracks heart rate (has to be paired with Polar H7 heart rate sensor)
- Changeable wrist bands (black, grey, yellow, pink, blue and white)
- Calorie count
- Fitness test
- Vibrating activity reminder (alerts you when you’ve been inactive for 55 minutes)
- Water resistant
- Rechargeable battery
Polar FT7 Quick Review:
- Counts calories
- Tracks heart rate and pulse
- Weather/water resistant
- Compatible with Mac and Window
The biggest difference between the Polar A 300 and the Polar FT7 is that the A300 is a fitness watch and the FT7 is a heart rate monitor.
The watch will provide more functionality and has many more features and options.
However, the Polar FT7 is one of the best heart rate monitors on the market and the will both help you reach your fitness goals.
Last update on 2023-01-09 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API