During the winter a treadmill is a tremendous asset to runners who live in areas of the United States that the temperature dips below zero. In addition to cold weather running, the convenience of a treadmill is wonderful.
Having a treadmill in the house, you can sneak in a couple of miles before you rush to work, or in the evening after work.
A treadmill is among the favorite workout equipment as it involves activities we do on a daily basis: walking and running. It is important to consider that for convenience and effectiveness, you need a high-quality treadmill, which may prove to be expensive but worth every penny.
I am a firm believer in "you get what you pay for", I break down the four most expensive treadmills on the market and what makes them so special including the features and benefits. American Home Fitness gives us a really good insight into what you should before purchasing a treadmill.
The 4 Most Expensive Treadmills:
Precor, known manufacturers, have designed this treadmill to offer a reliable and high-performance workout
This treadmill has the following benefits and features:
- Motor- it has a 4HP AC motor optimized with Power Factor Correction (PFC) efficiency to improve performance. The engine uses 30% reduced energy, and it starts quicker than DC motors.
- Ergonomically sound design: this allows for a natural feeling of walking and running, whereby it has a deck feature that can adjust to own stride. Additionally, even with the adjustment, it keeps the floors sturdy to prevent strain and stress on the joints.
- 24-inch handrails- the bars are extra long to ensure both safety and comfort while working out on the treadmill.
- 60 inches by 20 inches deck- it has a wide running area and an extra long deck to accommodate all sizes and shapes on it.
- It has a reversible belt which is built with pre-waxed polyester with no required maintenance and improved durability.
- It can a hold a user of maximum 400 pounds due to its reliable and safe frame, high motor, durable and sturdy deck.
- It has an auto stop button and emergency stop safety clip to ensure the security for the user while working out.
- It has an active status light on the front of the machine that notifies the user on its operating condition, so as to be aware when it needs maintenance.
- Warranty: Precor offers seven years warranty on the frame, one year on labor, five years on motor and two years on parts and console.
- It comes with seven preset workout programs.
Watch here to get a summarized video on the Precor TRM 811 treadmill features and benefits.
To get to see how this treadmill works and get a summary of its features, you can check out this video
- It offers a self-lubricating belt system.
- It has a heavy duty frame that provides a sturdy running platform.
- It has a broad range of workout programs
- It has an ECO DRIVE motor that uses 32% less energy as compared to other traditional engines.
- Its motor delivers 5.0HP of performance even with it using lesser power than other motors.
- It comes with medical-specific features
- 3MPH reverse speed
- 3% incline to 15% decline range.
- Myflex plus deck cushioning that provide 30% shock absorption and a lifetime warranty.
- It meets UL requirements regarding current leakage in medical settings.
- It comes with a large 22” X 62.” belt which provides ample running space
- It is made from carbon weave which is a lesser friction material.
- It has an overall weight of 352lbs
- Its dimensions are 87”X38” X56”.
- It can hold a user with 500lbs weight.
- It comes with a CSAFE port.
- It has a headphone jack with built-in volume control
- It has a USB port for charging your device as you work out.
- It has an iPod, iPhone connector 30-pin connector option to listen to your playlist as your workout.
- It provides a wireless connection via CSAFE port for your entertainment.
- It comes with a Tri-color dot matrix.
- It has a 16 digit workout feedback display.
- It has a 16 digit workout feedback display.
- It has adult and pediatric handrails.
- It offers cardio advisor displays.
This makes them great for snowboarding, competing, skiing, training, and all weather activities and sports. If you`re searching for a tight that retain heat during winter and look cool in summer, you should consider this option.
Landice L7 treadmill is well suited for serious runners and joggers. It is also specifically designed for rehabilitation.
The following are some of it features and benefits:
- It comes with a tablet computer bracket, which will keep you updated on technology regardless of how long you use the treadmill.
- It has four control panels that you can choose from:
- The executive control panel: nine inches screen with 800 X 480 graphic capabilities that keeps you entertained as you work out. It allows you to navigate swiftly through a touch of a hand. It has six climbing profiles and provides more programs and workout stats than the others.
- The cardio control panel: it is ideal for precision interval training to lower the user’s time. It comes with a variety of programs, a numeric keypad for quick data entry and multiple heart-rate control programs.
- The pro-sports control panel: it has a contact heart rate and wireless chest straps to monitor the user’s heart rate. It offers a fun and exciting workout session to ensure you attain your goals.
- The pro trainer control panel: it has built-in and user-defined programs and a contact heart system.
- It has a 3.0HP motor that supports 12mph speed.
- It has a cushioning system with VFX shock absorption that ensures your comfortability.
- It has a safety lanyard that can prevent the user from being injured when they fall, since when the string key moves the treadmill stops.
- It has 20 inches by 58-inch treadbelt that can accommodate any trainer comfortably irrespective of their size or shape. The tread belt has four layers and large rollers making it very durable.
- It can hold a user of upto 400 pounds of weight.
- It can incline upto 15% allowing the user to burn as many calories as possible and faster
- It comes with a lifetime warranty and free labor in the first year.
- It comes with accessories such as hand grip heart rate sensors, orthopedic cushioning system, treadmill television, and tablet computer bracket.
You can watch here a video for further information and summary on the Landice L7 features.
The Alimed Aimed treadmill is a specialized fitness equipment for weight loss exercise. If you could dream up a treadmill will all kinds of bells and whistles, this is exactly what you would find.
- 32MM hard-chromed straight steel handles.
- 25 pairs-5lbs increment.
- It has solid steel handles that fit entirely through the steel slug and welded on the outside to offer a total maintenance dumbbell.
- Urethane dumbbells that feature U.S CNC solid steel handle designs that come with an innovative patented uni-lock handle impacted to specified torque levels.
- Hard chrome finishes on handles- this ensures that the finish of the handle doesn’t scrape or peel off.
- Odorurethane- this will ensure cracking, and tear is resisted, thereby protecting your floor and equipment.
- Urethane coating- this is primarily used for wear and durability, as it is gravity molded to prevent peeling of seams.
- HiTrainer Pro- it sets out to improve the user’s fitness in a minimal amount of time. It combines high-intensity interval training science and instant performance feedback. It has a patent full-time drive phase running position to offer unparalleled conditioning with minimum impact. It ensures the user develops strength endurance, cardiovascular fitness, and anaerobic recovery. Important to note is that, the less time the user is on conditioning, the more time will be dedicated to the real training.
- It has a 500-pound capacity
- It comes in white or black depending on one’s preference
- Speed: 0.5 to 12 mph
- Walking surface: 63 L X 22W inch
- Incline: 0 to 25% incline
- It improves cardiovascular fitness and muscle efficiency by creating high demand for oxygen by the body for as long as possible.
- The user is in a constant drive phase running position to ensure the muscle cores are engaged using the HITrainer positions.
- By engaging the tissue cores, maximizing effort sprint intervals and active recovery walk levels, a huge demand for oxygen is created thereby ensuring muscle efficiency and maximum cardiovascular activity, which in turn improves performance.
- The HITrainer provides all essential data on the user’s physical condition thus allowing one to have access to;
- Analysis on performance difference against different exercises,
- user’s current performance,
- keep track of user’s progress,
- identify signs of over training before hand,
- adjust to training schedules depending on results identified,
- keep track of user’s rehabilitation progress after the occurrence of an injury
- build a database of athletes to make comparisons in the case of more than one user.
- A powerful Bluetooth tablet controls the HITrainer, and it comes with its set of evaluation protocols, reaction time features, high-intensity training and a timed sprint feature.
- It comes with a timed sprint feature to identify the duration the user takes to achieve a set distance. Therefore the user has no use of speedwatches.
- Trainers have the option of creating their type of protocol and program using the treadmill’s customized functions.
- The user can access all data online when it is linked to WIFI connection via HITrainer web portal.
Hi, Jeremy Here,
I am the the guy behind Train for a 5K. On this site, I share everything that learned along my running journey. The content I create is the running training I wish I had before we started this journey. About Me.
Last update on 2023-01-09 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API