When are considering a treadmill purchase, it is important to prioritize the features you are most excited to use.
Each runner has a unique set of conditions they would like their treadmill to offer.
Once you know what those are, it will be easier for you to decide which machine is best for you.
In this article, we will compare the LifeSpan TR 1200i to the NordicTrack T 6.5S to help you decide which of these amazing treadmills is going to fit your lifestyle best.
LifeSpan TR 1200i vs NordicTrack T 6.5S : Comparison Chart
Let’s get down to the important stuff first - you’re getting at treadmill because you want to train. The LifeSpan TR1200i features 19 pre-set training programs targeting weight loss, healthy living, sports training and heart rate.
These programs are specially designed by professionals to help you meet your fitness and health goals. It also allows 2 user set-up programs to be saved as a pre-set workout.
Using 15 different powered-incline options and reaching speeds of up to 11 MPH, you can also manually customize your training to meet your needs.
With the optional and reasonably priced LifeSpan Club account, you can keep track of all your workouts and stay on top of your long-term goals.
The Nordictrack T 6.5S includes power adjustable incline (up to 10%) and speed (up to 10MPH) to help you customize the workout that is best for your fitness goals. If you choose, you can engage any of the 22 preset workout programs.
The iFit compatibility of this machine will automatically track your workouts, so you can stay accountable to your fitness goals. This machine does not have a tv, so some of the iFit perks will only be accessible from your mobile device.
As a result of all of the features, both of which are ranked as top treadmills unders $1,000.
When you’re off the treadmill, you can take your workout even further with access to thousands of workouts and challenges designed by top-notch fitness professionals.
With an iFit membership, you will have access to a variety of workouts, meal plans, daily challenges and personalized coaching to use with and without your treadmill.
You can access your iFit membership on your mobile device to track your stats and performance from anywhere.
The iFit features on this machine will require an initial setup, and although your first year of the iFit subscription is free, it may require a credit card to be activated.
You will need a wireless network connection to use this feature on your machine. If iFit is the feature of this machine that you are most excited about, you may want to consider an iFit enabled, rather than capable, machine instead.
- Incline Range – LifeSpan TR 1200i
- Speed Range – LifeSpan TR 1200i
- Program Capabilities – NordicTrack T 6.5S
- Overall Training Features – NordicTrack T 6.5S
This is a tough category. The LifeSpan TR 1200i has more incline and speed options than the NordicTrack T 6.5S, but there are less ways to use those training options since the LifeSpan TR 1200i has less programs and no iFit capabilities. Here is a more comprehensive review of the LifeSpan TR1200i.
The NordickTrack T 6.5S has significantly more training options available when you pair it with an iFit membership. You can read all about the NordicTrack T 6.5S here in the full review.
Some would see the iFit membership has a negative because they are getting an at-home treadmill to avoid membership costs.
Others would be enthused by the options iFit has to offer. If you are someone who prefers manual workouts, then the LifeSpan TR 1200i would suit your workout needs just fine.
If you are someone who prefers a variety of professionally-designed workouts, the NordicTrack T 6.5S would be more appealing to you.
- EFFORTLESS STARTUP: Quick-load screen and simple console buttons make it easy to get moving. 7" full color display and built-in Blueooth connectivity helps to sync your workout results with ease.
- LIMITLESS WORKOUTS: TR1200i comes with 21 easy-to-use exercise programs, including 2 user customizable programs. Designed by exercise physiologists to expedite your progress for safe and effective workout routines.
- SIMPLE FOLDING & UNFOLDING: Built-in hydraulic shock and wheels to fold up and store the treadmill when not in use. When unfolding, shock also softly lowers the running surface for safe and convenient use.
- PERFECT MIX OF DURABILITY & PERFORMANCE: Designed to performance and built to last, TR1200i contains a 2.5HP continuous-duty motor to handle intense daidly workouts, year after year. 8 Compression shock absorbers under the sparcious 56"x20" running surface makes it a comfortable running and walking experience.
- INTELLI-STEP & BLUETOOTH CONNECTIVITY: Running surface has step counting feature built-in and works more accurately than a typical pedometer, automatically counting steps taken via sensors in the motor. Contact heart rate sensors and chest strap receiver (chest strap not included) also captures important cardiovascular data for monitoring or to be synced with your smartphone health programs.
In this section, we will compare the mechanics of the LifeSpan TR 1200i to the NordicTrack T 6.5S, including the cushioning, belt size, motor size, and weight limits for the machines.
As you know, cushioning is an important consideration for people who want to reduce their impact, absorb shock, and limit their risk for injuries.
When it comes to comfort and preserving your ability to run with a natural stride, belt size is important to review. Motor size is important because it impacts how long and hard you will be able to train.
Also, motor size can impact the noise and vibration your machine generates when it is in use.Weight limits can be an important facet of your decision if you are large in size.
The 20” x 56” belt on the LifeSpan TR 1200i features six compression shock absorbs to reduce impact on your joints. This machine is powered by a 2.5 horsepower continuous-duty motor. The maximum user weight is 300 pounds.
The 20” x 55” belt on the NordicTrack T 6.5S treadmill features FlexSelect cushioning technology so you can adjust the level of comfort on your deck, simulating rough road-running conditions or creating a supportive, impact-absorbing running surface.
This machine is powered by a 2.6 continuous horsepower motor and can support a maximum user weight of 300 pounds.
- Cushioning – NordicTrack T 6.5S
- Belt Size – LifeSpan TR 1200i
- Motor Size – NordicTrack T 6.5S
- Weight Limit – tied
- Overall Mechanics Winner – NordicTrack T 6.5S
These machines could be consider practically tied in many of the mechanics areas, like belt size, maximum user weight, and motor.
It is the cushioning on the deck of the NordicTrack T 6.5S that really makes it better than the LifeSpan TR 1200i in this category.
Neither machine has a huge motor, and they vary by only .1 horsepower, but the NordicTrack T 6.5S motor is technically more powerful.
- This item benefits from an Extended 90 Day Return Window
- Bring Home Interactive Personal Training powered by iFit; 1-month individual membership included; Experience live, studio, and global workouts in the comfort of home; Trainers lead your exercise
- 10 % OneTouch incline control; 10 MPH SMART OneTouch speed control; With iFit, your trainer auto-adjusts your speed and incline through a smart Bluetooth connection
- SMART-Response Motor for effective speed, interval, and endurance training; 20” x 55” tread belt offers plenty of leg and elbow space as you run; FlexSelect deck cushioning protects your joints
- Innovative SpaceSaver design with EasyLift Assist means your treadmill can fold up after your run for compact, simple storage; Auxiliary music port and dual 2-inch speakers provide entertainment
The LifeSpan TR 1200i features a multi-Color LCD display system that displays the date and time, your workout time, calories burned, step count, distance, heart rate, speed, and incline.
It also has Intelli-Step, the most accurate step-counting feature on the market. You have Bluetooth and AUX connectivity so you can play your favorite music through the treadmill speakers.
The USB port allows you to charge media devices or insert a zip drive to store your fitness data and transfer it into your LifeSpan Club account, running log, or favorite fitness app.
Although it’s not included, but there is a chest strap available if you want continuous heart rate monitoring without using the grip bars.
There is a media shelf for your book or tablet, but it will cover LCD display. All of these little features add up to make the LifeSpan TR1200i a respectable treadmill worth considering.
The NordicTrack T 6.5S has a 5” backlit display that measures your speed, time, distance, and calories burned. Using the EKG grip pulse, it will also display your heart rate.
One-touch buttons make this control panel user friendly. Other features include two cup holders, an auxiliary port and two 2” speakers.
There is no reasonable option for holding your tablet or book for entertainment during your run. Neither of these machines offer a built-in fan to help keep you cool during your workout.
Missing extra features seems to be one of the chief complaints about both the LifeSpan TR 1200i and the NordicTrack T 6.5S, but if you’re working out to get fit, not to be entertained, it shouldn’t be much of a problem.
The LifeSpan TR 1200i has a lifetime warranty on frame and motor, 3 years for parts, 1 year for labor.
It is worth noting that their customer service is the most highly rated in the fitness equipment industry, so if you run across a problem, you know you will be well taken care of.
The NordicTrack T 6.5S has a lifetime frame warranty, a 25-year motor warranty, and a 1-year parts and labor warranty.
Conclusion: LifeSpan TR 1200i vs NordicTrack T 6.5S
As you can see, both of these machines are very similar, and your decision will be based on what qualities are most important to you in a treadmill. If you are hyped about training options, you’ll love iFit on the the NordicTrack T 6.5S.
If you are psyched about increased incline and speed options, but don’t need the luxury of programmed workouts, the LifeSpan TR 1200i will be great.
If you are particularly concerned with injury prevention with deck cushioning, then you’ll be more interested in the NordicTrack T 6.5S.
When it comes to customer service, the LifeSpan TR 1200i can’t be beat. In either case, we know that whether you pick the LifeSpan TR 1200i or the NordicTrack T 6.5S, you’ll be thrilled.
Last update on 2021-04-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API