There are many different medicines, creams, balms, and gels that are used and advertised for pain relief.
Icy Hot is one of the most popular brands of pain relief balm for athletes and anyone who suffers from joint or muscle pain.
Icy Hot Review:
Icy Hot is a pain relieving balm that can be used for muscle soreness, arthritis pain, and aching joints.
It is sold in a variety of forms, from patches that can stick to your skin, creams, sprays, sticks, and roll-on gels.
While many might question how good of a product Icy Hot is and how well it works, personal experience as an athlete has really demonstrated to me its effectiveness as a pain relieving product.
The active ingredients in Icy Hot are menthol, menthol and camphor, or menthol and methyl salicylate depending on which formula you purchase.
While Icy Hot can not penetrate the muscle deep enough to heal any major damage, it will help to numb the nerves and pain receptors in the area of any injury or pain.
- Includes : One (1) 2.7-oz. tube of Icy Hot Max Strength Pain Relief Cream With Lidocaine Plus Menthol
- Numbs away pain: Icy Hot Lidocaine Cream desensitizes aggravated nerves to temporarily relieve minor pains associated with foot pain, back pain, muscle pain, knee pain and arthritis pain
- Fast acting & long lasting : This pain cream penetrates to the nerves for quick relief in minutes that lasts for hours
- Non-greasy: Apply non-greasy Icy Hot Pain Relieving Cream With Lidocaine Plus Menthol to the affected area every 6-8 hours; do not exceed 3 applications in a 24-hour period
- America's #1 topical pain reliever : Icy Hot is the number-one topical pain relief brand among OTC topical analgesics
Who uses this product?
This product is used by a variety of different people.
Anyone who is experiencing any joint or muscle pain or discomfort can benefit from the results of Icy Hot.
This can include: young or older people, athletes, anyone struggling with arthritic or other joint pain and discomfort, and anyone experiencing different muscle or joint pain or discomfort regardless of your activity level or age.
Using Icy Hot only helps to relieve mild to moderate muscle and joint pain.
If you are experiencing severe pain or any serious injuries, make sure to see your doctor for professional medical advice and attention.
This product is available in many drug stores, pharmacies, and athletic stores as well as online.
Is this product user friendly?
This product comes in so many different forms that it will work for almost anybody.
There is a balm that comes in a screw top container, a gel that you can roll on to your body, a spray that comes in an aerosol can, patches that stick to different areas of your body (the most popular being an Icy Hot back patch), a stick that looks like a stick of deodorant, as well as a gel with a sponge, no mess applicator.
One alternative is using an ice pack then a heating pack.
This will help with situations such as numbing or swelling, but it will not help as much with the pain, especially if there is a pain that is not only from slight soreness.
From my own experience, Icy Hot has helped me greatly post-race.
When I have an intense running days with a ton of intervals, Icy Hot helped me as I prepared for my upcoming race.
Icy Hot helped soothe my muscles to feel so much better when they are feeling tired, fatigued, and sore.
What I noticed what that it helped me temporarily relieve fatigue and soreness in my muscles and joints during training in order to continue training. On the negative side, it's a little weird feeling. Like really think deodorant that you are putting on.
However, if you have a serious injury or any severe pain, it is extremely important for you to see your doctor in order to receive professional medical advice and attention.
- INCLUDES: Four (4) 3.5-oz. jar of Icy Hot Extra Strength Pain Relieving Balm
- PAIN RELIEF: Use Icy Hot Balm for back pain relief, shoulder pain relief, muscle pain relief and joint pain relief in minutes
- EXTRA STRENGTH: This pain relief balm helps relieve minor pains associated with arthritis, sprains, bruises and muscle cramps
- NON-GREASY FOR LESS MESS: Massage in Icy Hot Extra Strength Balm for powerful, non-greasy pain relief
- AMERICA'S #1 TOPICAL PAIN RELIEVER: Icy Hot is the number-one topical pain relief brand* *among OTC topical analgesics
Hi, Jeremy Here,
I am the the guy behind Train for a 5K. On this site, I share everything that learned along my running journey. The content I create is the running training I wish I had before we started this journey. About Me.
Last update on 2022-11-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API