Whether you’re a runner or any athlete, sweat and heat can overwhelm you after a tough workout. At that moment, nothing can be better than the fresh feeling of a cooling towel on your neck.
But which brand to pick?
What Enduracool and Frogg Togg Have in Common
Before we discuss how they can be different from each other, let’s talk about their similarities first.
As you know, both are top choices for a great cooling towel, but what other features do they have in common?
Cooling Up to 30 Degrees
The Enduro cool is made by a brand called Mission
The first feature that they both share is their ability to cool your body heat up to 30 degrees. This is especially important when you are running during the summer.
However, in this area, the manufacturers of the Frogg Togg claim that it cools pretty quickly. As for the Enduracool towel, no such statements have been made about its speed.
UPF50 UV Protection
In this regard, both choices are nice for protecting your skin.
Multiple Colors and Designs
The last point we’ll talk about is the colors that these towels come in. While they might be different from each other, each one comes with a variety of colors to match your preference.
Although, to be honest, the Enduracool is available in more designs and color options.
What Are the Differences?
The similarities end here. Now, it’s time to point out how these cooling towels are different from each other in terms of size, performance, material, and more.
- COOL MORE. DO MORE Enjoy staying active longer and doing what you love even when the temperature rises with the cooling and refreshing MISSION Original Cooling Towel. Measures 10” x 33”
- COOLS INSTANTLY When activated with water it cools to 30 degrees below average body temperature in under 30 seconds Activate quickly in 3 steps Wet it, Wring it out and Snap it. Keeps cool for hours, the original cooling towel stays cool for up to 2 h
- GREAT FOR wearing around your neck, Running, Jogging, Hiking, Sports, working out, working outside, gardening, yoga, concerts, festivals, BBQs, tailgating, Vacations, the Beach, Lake, Pool, or anytime you want to feel instantly cooler.
- DURABLE & SOFT The Original Cooling Towel is made of a soft, smooth & durable brushed microfiber for your active lifestyle with no seaming for optimal comfort. Wet or dry the MISSION Original Cooling Towel is always soft and comfortable next to the skin
- CHEMICAL-FREE COOLING & UPF 50 The towel is reusable and machine washable, with permanent chemical-free cooling fabric technology that will never wash out. It also provides UPF 50 protection from the sun.
When it comes to size, you’ll find out that the Frogg Togg is a bit wider in size. It measures about 33 x 13 inches.
As for the Enduracool, its dimensions are 33 x 11 inches.
Mostly, the difference in width might not be noticeable. However, a wider cooling towel can bring more relief to a bigger area of your skin. Also, it can be more convenient to wear around your neck.
Let’s discuss Enduracool’s performance first. For starters, it uses a chemical-free cooling technology that you get to activate with water.
All you have to do is wet the towel, wring it, then snap it three times. This towel cools to about 30 degrees under the average body temperature in almost 30 seconds. Quite impressive, right?
It also can stay cool for about 2 hours at a time.
As for Frogg Togg, it comes with a quick-cooling technology that you can activate by soaking the towel in cold or warm water. When you do this, the Chilly Pads inside the towel will cool even more quickly than its counterpart.
Therefore, in terms of speed, the Frogg Togg wins this round.
The Enduracool is made of smooth and durable brushed microfiber. Also, it’s reusable, and you can put it in the washing machine with no worries about damaging its material.
In addition, it comes with no seams that can tear apart with repeated use.
When it comes to the materials of the Frogg Togg, you’ll find that it’s made of highly-absorbent material. It can even absorb 8 times its weight in water. Additionally, even when it’s absorbed some water, you should still find it dry enough for the touch.
Also, it might be a bit sturdier than the Enduracool towel. This is because it’s reinforced by athletic mesh. Therefore, it can last you years before you’d need to replace it.
However, there’s a downside to this. The Frogg Togg might be bulkier and heavier, which might not be comfortable if you’re sweating.
Lastly, the Frogg Togg is made of organic materials, so you can recycle it by blending it with soil. This way, it’ll help dry soil retain more moisture, then decompose to get back to nature.
The last point of discussion that we’ll address is the difference in price between the Enduracool and the Frogg Togg.
Both fall in the budget-friendly category and should be affordable to anyone. However, the Enduracool might cost you a few extra bucks depending on the design or color you’ll choose.
- Provides 3 to 4 hours (depending on conditions) of cooling relief while enduring outdoor heat and/or high levels of physical activity
- Wetting the towel in hot or cold water will allow it to activate quickly and cool up to 30 degrees
- Constructed from Frogg Toggs’ exclusive, hyper-evaporative material that retains water while remaining dry to the touch
- Perfect for working in the yard, sporting events, working out, golfing, fishing, camping, hot flashes and more
- Comes in a hard-plastic tube for easy, compact storage
Pros and Cons
Now, let’s find out the power points as well as the weaknesses for each of these products.
Enduracool Vs. Frogg Togg - Which one is better?
Now, it’s time for the final showdown! We’ve discussed their features, pros & cons, and everything there is to know about these nice cooling towels.
Our winner is the Frogg Togg cooling towel, which is only natural due to its great features.
We like its sturdy materials and construction as well as its cooling technology. It can absorb a lot of water, then leave it to evaporate to cool your skin.
Also, we like how it’s eco-friendly and recyclable, an ultimate plus to any product in our opinion.
Last but not least, while it might feel a bit heavier to some people, this thickness can be advantageous. It keeps it cool for more hours and can add to its lifetime.
After this Enduracool vs. Frogg Togg comparison, your decision might be easier to make when it’s time to pick a cooling towel.
Even though we recommend the Frogg Togg, it’s all up to your preference. All you have to do is look for the features that you want, weigh your options, and go from there.
Last update on 2022-01-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API