Many runners love and use treadmills, but that doesn’t mean they are affordable.
As these exercise machines grow more advanced and technical, prices go up.
With this in mind, it’s important to identify some quality, inexpensive options for the runner on a budget.
These would be the best 5 cheap electric treadmills under $200.
We break them down into categories: Best Value, Most Bells & Whistles, Very Basic & Best Overall.
4 Best Cheap Electric Treadmills under $200
1. Sunny Health & Fitness SF-T1407M
2. Best Choice Products Folding Treadmill
3. Tangnade Smart Folding Treadmill
4. 1HP Under-Desk Treadmill
4 Best Cheap Electric Treadmills under $200
1. Sunny Health & Fitness Manual Treadmill
The Very Basic Treadmill but it gets the job done. Price wise, exactly where we said it would be and it is highly reviewed.
The full product dimensions are roughly 13 x 42 in. and the machine is capable of holding a maximum of 300 lbs.
There is a basic safety key and an LED display that shows important information like calories burned and time spent walking or running.
- Excellent Cardio Benefits: This Affordable Treadmill Will Help You Start Your Fitness Journey. Walking Can Significantly Improve Mental And Physical Health. The Compact Design Of The Treadmill Will Get You Into Shape Regardless Of Home Size.
- Compact And Ergonomic: This Compact, Lightweight Treadmill Is Excellent For Small Spaces. Running Surface: 42In X 13In. The Treadmill Is Durable And Can Withstand Power Walking Or Light Jogging.
- Lcd Monitor: Track Fitness Progress On The Easy To Read Digital Monitor. Treadmill Monitor Displays Time, Speed, Distance, Calories.
- Non-Electric: Space-Saving, Treadmill Machine Requires No Electric Outlet Needed And Remains Low Maintenance. Easy Folding Functionality And Transportation Wheels Allow Easy Mobility And Storage.
- Non Slip Running Surface: Feel Safe And Secure On The Smooth Belt. 220 Lbs. Maximum User Weight
This treadmill includes flywheels for easy movement and maneuverability.
The product does not require any electricity and doesn’t have a motor.
Instead, the belt is propelled by the user’s natural movement.
The treadmill does fold, is height adjustable, and the ramp can be shifted into a climbing position. The belt does take some effort to move.
In general, this is a great treadmill for somebody who doesn’t want any frills, doesn’t want to waste any electricity, and instead focuses on getting an inexpensive, quick workout.
2. Best Choice Products Folding Treadmill
This treadmill, made by Best Choice products, is another manual folding treadmill designed to be propelled by the body’s natural movement.
It runs without an electric outlet or a motor.
- AUTOMATIC/MANUAL SPEED SETTINGS: Quickly switch between six preset speeds (0.5, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7 mph), or adjust with the -/+ buttons for more options (max speed of 7.5 mph)
- 3 PRESET WORKOUTS: Choose between Beginner, Intermediate, or Advanced modes to find your perfect workout-use the safety key to cancel your workout if you're tired!
- DIGITAL DISPLAY: Track distance, speed, time, and calorie counts on the screen, while the handles have speed settings, start/stop buttons, and heart rate sensors
- PORTABLE DESIGN: Easily folds down, and built-in wheels make it even easier to roll it from one room to another so you can workout anywhere around the house
- EXERCISE CONVENIENTLY: The control console features 2 water bottle holders and a media shelf for tablets, books, and phones when your workout's on pause!; OVERALL DIMENSIONS: 48"(L) x 25"(W) x 47.5"(H); Weight Capacity: 175 lbs.
It weighs around 44 lbs. and possesses full product dimensions of 44 x 22.5 x 45 in.
There is an LCD monitor which displays important information like calories burned, speed of movement, and the duration of the workout.
The screen does require two AA batteries to function.
The treadmill can hold a person who weighs a maximum of 250 lbs.
There are wheels so the treadmill can be moved around a room.
In general, it is comfortable and simple to use without breaking the bank, making it a popular option.
Price wise, it's very close to $200.
3. TANGNADE Smart Digital Folding Treadmill
This is a fairly new treadmill on the market.
The treadmill has a 14.56" x 41.33" walking/running surface. The biggest negative that I have seen is that it does take a month or so to get to you.
- ➤ 【Motorized Incline Platform】- Supports different running speeds of 1-6KM / H, starting from walking, step by step, variable speed fast running, fast fat burning,making it the best option for your home, gym, etc56cm noise reduction non-slip sound-absorbing running belt, non-slip and wear-resistant, 130KG load limit.
- ➤【Respiratory Balanced Shock Absorption]- The hidden breathing shock absorption column is evenly distributed on the running board and the frame compartment, and you can get a good shock absorption effect no matter you step on any area of the running board.
- ➤ 【Space Saver Design】- This treadmill is portable & foldable for easy setup & storage. It comes with simple electric plug-in design, motorized treadmill power of 1.5HP, built-in grip sensors for pulse monitoring & adjustable speed up to 7.5mph
- ➤ 【Running Surface】- 14.56" x 41.33" walking/running surface, Start/Stop and speed control on the handles for easy control, And a 5" digital LCD display screen with touch button controls that displays run time, distance, speed, calories burned.
- ➤ 【Foldable & Portable & Compact Treadmill】- The folding and storage-friendly design of the folding treadmill make this treadmill exercise machine is suitable for anywhere without taking up too much space. With a soft-drop system you can set up and fold the treadmill easily and safety. The portable treadmill equips with porting wheels is aim for smoother and easier transportation and relocation. A perfect treadmill for home!
I do like the table design and LCD screen built in above the motor.
It has a horsepower: 0.75hp which truth be told is sh*t compared to the other treadmills.
In general, it is a small treadmill but is capable of holding more weight than other variations in the same price range. Well. if you are looking for decent treadmill for walking only and you are in no hurry to get the treadmill delivered, this might be the best fit for you with in this price range.
4. 1HP Under-Desk Walking Treadmill
This final low budget treadmill offers a rather large 41'' x 17'' walking/running area.
This machine includes most standard features like LED lights and handrails.
There are wheels so the treadmill can be moved around as needed, and the folding allows for easy storage.
- ➤Unique Design---41'' x 17'' walking area provides you a more comfortable sports experience,rubber feet and columns effectively reduce noise and vibration and protect floor,wireless remote control with 15m effective distance is easy to operate,Emergency brake button guarantees user safety.
- ➤LCD Display---Equipped with an LED display, you can visually see the time, speed, distance and calories burned,the touchable LCD display for better watching and operating experience.
- ➤Easy to Move---The lightweight design and two flexible wheels allow you to move it to any desired location,and the 6.5'' thickness can help you save space,compact size makes it easy to store in any ideal place.
- ➤Keep healthy --- Our new electric walking treadmill is a great way to exercise and relax. It can help you improve cardiovascular health, help to improve your cardiovascular fitness, boost your health, burn fat and regulate lower body muscles. Therefore, whether you want to exercise or maintain your body shape, this walking treadmill is an ideal choice.
- ➤Hign Quality After-Salesservice– We provide you with 100% satisfactory products and customer service, so you can buy with confidence and use.For those people who don't have time to go to the gym, it is a great choice. Come on, choose it and you will have a healthy lifestyle!
It’s comfortable and capable to hold up to 220 lbs. without damage.
There are no cup holders which is a bit of a negative but overall it's a good price for a solid machine.
Conclusion: Best Cheap Electric Treadmills under $200
When seeking a treadmill under $200, I've found that there are a couple of different options.
Runners can choose between a manual or electric machine and can choose either an extremely simple option or one that has a few added comforts like padded handles, cup holders, and even a motor.
If you are looking for ones that have a little more to them or have a motor, these are the best ones under $400 and under $500 on the market
Treadmill History Lesson:
It's important when talking about treadmills to share the history of them so that when you are comparing them you have a foundational knowledge of how they got to the point we are right now and what makes them different.
Treadmills have a strange and complex history.
Their original purpose wasn’t actually as exercise machines, but as methods to utilize human energy and punish individuals by making them walk for hours on end for the benefit of someone else.
It all started in the late 18th and early 19th centuries, which were exceptionally difficult times to be alive.
According to Mental Floss, an engineer named Sir William Cubit developed the original design for the treadmill, calling it a treadwheel.
It was to be used in the overcrowded English prisons, where inmates deemed stubborn would be forced to step on the spokes of a large wheel, making it turn.
This wheel would crush grain to make flour or push water, which could be harnessed for energy.
The tread wheel became popular and quickly spread to the prisons of the United States.
The prisoners suffered frequent injuries from their poor diets and constant exercise – imagine a starving individual being forced to use a stair climber for 8-10 hours a day!
Eventually, though, the wheel faded out of use by the end of the 19th century, when it was deemed too cruel to be used.
But the story of the treadmill did not end there. In the 1960s, Medibank mentions that a physician started to study the tread wheel and developed the prototype of the first treadmill, designed to improve aerobic health.
He made a model, slapped a patent on it, and the first treadmill for exercise was born.
Nowadays, treadmills are consistent features in gyms.
They are, in essence, a moving belt that athletes can run and walk on to simulate normal aerobic exercises without having to move anywhere. Most individuals use them to run inside when the weather outside is too poor.
What Are the Benefits of a Treadmill?
Considering their popularity, it shouldn’t come as a surprise that treadmills possess a lot of benefits for the average runner. In general, they can improve cardiovascular health, muscle strength, stamina, and the runner’s ability to withstand the force of an impact with the ground.
Spine Health mentions they can also improve spinal health and help an athlete build muscle without the need for outdoor exercise. We also share all of the benefits here.
However, runners should be careful.
Sometimes, the impact of the treadmill can be too much and the athlete can damage their shins and knees.
It’s also possible to hurt the muscles in the back when running with bad form, so it’s important that treadmill users make sure they sprinkle in stretching, outdoor running, and other exercises to stay in shape.
- The Benefits of Running on a Treadmill & How It Can Help You
- The 4 Best Treadmills for Apartments That Are Actually Worth It
- The Top Treadmills Under $500
- The 4 Best Treadmills Under $400 - Reviewed
- Used Treadmills Price Guide
- The 5 Best Treadmills under $1000 That Are Worth Every Penny
- 10 Beginner Treadmill Running Tips
- The 5 Best Treadmills That Are Budget Friendly
Hi, Jeremy Here,
I am the the guy behind Train for a 5K. On this site, I share everything that learned along my running journey. The content I create is the running training I wish I had before we started this journey. About Me.
Last update on 2023-06-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API