Have you ever worn Brooks Ghost running shoes? It is a question of preference, but we can’t argue that they are one of the most popular models on the market.
However, if you would like to try something else, let’s take a look at the top-rated running shoes similar to Brooks Ghost!
5 Great Running Shoes Similar To Brooks Ghost
Our Top Choice:
Reasons Why You Should Pick a Shoe Similar to Brooks Ghost
If you are looking for a shoe that reminds of the Ghost unit, you probably already owned that shoe, or you know it's specifics in detail.
However, in case you need some guidance when it comes to why you should choose that type of shoe, take a look at how it can improve your running.
Ultimately, it all comes down to you feeling great while running in your shoes. Brooks Ghost is ideal for wearing on days when you spend a lot of time at work, and you want to continue to the track.
It is also suitable for athletes in competitions that need to wear shoes for a long time. You should also look for shoes that are easy to put on or take off when necessary.
Lace-up closure seems to be the best way to do that while keeping the optimal tightness that allows taking the running experience to the max.
If it is sunny outside, you will probably want to run on your local track.
However, you may get the desire to follow a hiking trail and explore nature while running. If the weather is bad, you may be forced to stay in the gym and run on the treadmill.
That is why you need versatile shoes, and the versatility Ghost delivers is amazing. A similar model would ensure that you can use it regardless of the surface. Some shoes may even be suitable for taking to work.
First, you want to make sure that the manufacturer used only top-quality components when constructing the shoe. That is what Brooks did with their Ghost series.
Durable materials can withstand high impact, which can be important if you are running or a treadmill, or you have several extra pounds.
Additionally, premium quality components will also ensure extended longevity, which means the shoes might serve you for months or even years.
You shouldn’t underestimate breathability for two reasons. The first one is preventing odors, and the second is keeping your feet cool and comfortable even in hot weather conditions.
Imagine if you were running and you need to go to a friend’s after the session. You want to be certain that your feet won’t smell, and only shoes with odor control features will ensure that.
Additionally, look for mesh as it is the most breathable fabric out there.
At this moment, the latest model in the series is Brooks Ghost.
Yes, that is the twelfth edition of this shoe, which shows the desire of the manufacturer to work on their products and ensure constant improvements.
Depending on the company, you may notice that your shoes utilize various technologies and approaches to ensure optimal comfort or breathability.
Read the features carefully and make sure to find the optimal balance of firmness and flexibility for your needs.
With the risk of sounding spoiled, we feel the need the importance of choosing a premium brand.
Brooks is a reputable manufacturer and one of the industry leaders. If you want similar shoes, you should go with a company of similar reputation.
The only way to be sure about the quality of the shoes you are getting is to go with a premium brand. Those companies have amazing quality control, and they deliver what they promise.
5 Running Shoes Similar To Brooks Ghost (with Reviews)
We are starting the list with one of the most popular running shoes designed by Nike. Revolution 4 is available in multiple sizes and color combinations.
The manufacturer used synthetics as the material of choice, but the shoes also feature a rubber sole.
Mesh included in the top layer is there to keep the model breathable, especially when you are using it for a long time.
The product is durable, and it provides excellent structure and support thanks to the underlays in the toe tips and vamp. The shoes are suitable for multiple surfaces because of the molded pods.
They might be a bit squeaky in the beginning, but that is a minor drawback.
Additionally, you need to maintain them properly if you want to keep them clean because the white bottom part easily gets dirty.
- MEN'S RUNNING SHOES: Molded pods offer multi-surface traction. Pods flatten on impact then spring back at toe-off creating a piston effect that delivers responsive cushioning.
- ATHLETIC SHOES: Soft foam midsole delivers lightweight, responsive cushioning. Underlays in the vamp and toe tip offer support and structure for a comfortable ride.
- CORE PERFORMANCE: Minimal in design running shoes. Full-length rubber outsole provides durable traction and cushioning to run longer.
- LIGHTWEIGHT SHOE: No-sew overlays along the midfoot and eyestays provide durability while keeping the shoe lightweight. Single-layer mesh upper for optimal breathability.
- NIKE MEN'S SHOE: Imported, synthetic and rubber sole
Pros & Cons of Nike Men's Revolution 4
Under Armour has become one of the most popular athlete brands in the world. Their Charged Assert 8 shoes are extremely light, which should ensure optimal comfort.
It is not only about feeling comfortable because these shoes are also very durable, and you can expect them to last for a long time.
However, you should give your best to avoid puddles because the shoes are not very resistant to water.
The company used a mixture of synthetic and textile, and the EVA sock liner and compression-molded foam in the mid sole ensure excellent responsiveness.
Mesh is there to prevent any odors and make the shoe comfortable to wear when it is warm outside.
The shoes are also quite affordable, especially if you keep in mind their extended longevity.
- NEUTRAL: For runners who need a balance of flexibility & cushioning
- Lightweight mesh upper with 3 color digital print delivers complete breathability
- Durable leather overlays for stability & that locks in your midfoot
- EVA sockliner provides soft, step in comfort
- Charged Cushioning midsole uses compression molded foam for even greater responsiveness & durability, providing optimal cushioning & energy return
Pros & Cons of Under Armour Men's Charged Assert 8
Not only these shoes look cool, but they also utilize Impact Guidance Technology. Thanks to that, the components included work together to follow natural foot motion on all occasions.
GEL technology does wonders in the field of cushioning, which makes the shoes suitable for high-impact activities, such as running on treadmills or through bumpy surfaces.
The shoes are very durable thanks to the high-abrasion rubber outsole, while mesh ensures that your feet can breathe while you are running.
The only drawback of this model is that it might not be suitable for those with flat feet.
- I.G.S (Impact Guidance System) Technology - ASICS design philosophy that employs linked componentry to enhance the foot's natural gait from heel strike to toe-off.
- SpevaFoam 45 Lasting - Employs 45 degree full length SpevaFoam 45 lasting material for a soft platform feel and improved comfort.
- FlyteFoam Lyte Technology - ASICS lightest weight midsole formulation that provides continuous cushion thanks to organic nano fibers.
- FlyteFoam Propel Technology - ASICS energetic foam formulation that provides supreme bounce thanks to a unique elastomer compound.
- DuoMax Support System - A dual density midsole system positioned to enhance support and stability, positioned sport specifically.
Pros & Cons of the ASICS Gel-Kayano 26
The first thing you notice about these shoes is that they look classy. If you combine them well enough, there is no reason why you wouldn’t wear them every day regardless of the occasion.
As for running, you will enjoy energized cushioning for optimal flexibility and comfort. Although the shoes are flexible, they are also low-profile and tight to keep your feet in place. Thanks to that, you will receive the expected level of support while running.
The company used synthetic as the primary material, but you will also notice rubber sole and breathable mesh in the top layer.
The durability is also admirable, which rounds up the impression these shoes have all the basics a runner might need.
The shoes have an excellent grip regardless of the surface.
However, make sure to choose the size carefully, especially since the shoes might not be a great choice for those with narrow feet.
- Runner type: Neutral shoes offer flexibility and versatility, with premium cushioning
- Bounce+ cushioning provides enhanced comfort and flexibility
- Engineered mesh on upper is a lightweight, breathable second-skin providing a supportive, comfortable fit
- Bootee construction with sock-like fit for a snug, supportive fit
- Rubber outsole provides excellent grip
Pros & Cons of the Adidas Purebounce+
If you are looking for a shoe that performs well regardless of the weather conditions, Adidas Ultra Boost may be the one.
It will secure amazing traction, whether it is dry or wet outside. It means you do not have to check the weather forecast before you head outside.
However, you may want to think twice before taking these to work. The shoes come in multiple designs, but neither seems suitable for spending time at the office.The important thing is that the shoes are very comfortable for running. Additionally, they achieve the required level of durability while remaining lightweight.
That makes the shoe light to wear, and the lace closure makes them easy to put on and take off.
- Engineered Mesh Upper - Incorporating differentiating level of thickness to deliver precision support and adaptability whilst being highly breathable.
- Primeknit Upper - Stretchable construction around the midfoot that adapts to the foot's natural expansion and helps reduce irritation.
- Featherweight Sockliner - Adapts to the foot for customised fit and feel.
- Re-designed Heel - Comfortably cradles the foot and adjusts to the Achilles tendon's natural movements.
- External Heel Counter - Supports and stabilises the foot through every stride for performance comfort.
Pros & Cons of Adidas Ultra Boost
At the end of the day, if you need running shoes similar to Brooks Ghost, you want one that is suitable for multiple surfaces. The molded pods are what makes Nike Revolution 4 running shoes versatile.
The construction extends their lifespan, and they are suitable for hot weather conditions thanks to the breathable mesh fabric. Remember, it is all about choosing shoes that perfectly fit your feet. You won’t go wrong with either model or manufacturer from our list.
However, make sure to choose carefully and consider your expectations and the specific characteristics of your feet!
Last update on 2021-04-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API