Finding the perfect pair of running shoes can be an incredibly overwhelming and intimidating process.
Once you finally find a brand of shoes that you like, there are dozens of different models of running shoes to choose from.
Brooks has risen to the top of the chart for most runners due to their focus on making the best quality running shoes... ever.
Two pairs of shoes that are seemingly identical are the Brooks Ariels vs. the Brooks Addictions.
The biggest difference is that the Ariel is designed for women and Addiction is unisex. The Ariel is similar to the Beast, with 20-25% more support versus the Addiction.
Brooks Ariel vs Addiction - Complete Comparison
Similarities of Brooks Ariel & Brooks Addiction
These two shoes are both incredible road running shoes by Brooks. Brooks made the switch a few years ago to focus solely on running shoes.
Both the Brooks Ariels and the Brooks Addictions have a twelve millimeter midsole drop which is great for supporting your Achilles tendon and plantar muscles along your foot.
They also both have a flat to medium arch in the insoles of the shoes as well as an experience type that is very cushiony. (a little different than the Brooks Beast)
This is made possible because the midsoles of both shoes are made up of the DNA midsole cushioning that Brooks has designed for their shoes.
Both models of shoes offer a great deal of support due to the extended progressive diagonal rollbar (PDRB) that guides your body back into the natural flow of running with additional support and control.
To add to the already cushioned comfort, both models of running shoes have ultimate sockliner cushioning that make for a plush in-shoe feel.
- THIS WOMEN'S SHOE IS FOR: The Ariel ’20 is perfect for runners who want to turn up the dial on support, cushioning, and comfort. Runners who prefer a little extra space in the forefoot may find these to be a perfect match. The Brooks Ariel 20 is a certified PDAC A5500 Diabetic shoe.
- SUPER-SOFT CUSHIONING: The DNA LOFT cushioning provides a soft, luxurious feeling underfoot without losing responsiveness or durability.
- ENHANCED FIT: Enjoy comfort front to back with a spacious yet secure fit thanks to an engineered-mesh upper and conformable embroidered saddle.
Differences of Brooks Ariel & Brooks Addiction
While these running shoes might seem like they are the exact same pair of shoes, they have a multitude of differences.
In addition to weight, the support is slightly different. The Ariels have the maximum support while the Addictions have the standard support of the traditional Brooks running shoes.
The Brooks Ariel has new engineering to the structure of the shoe with no-sew overlays that provide comfortable midfoot support as well as new air mesh along the top for enhanced breathability.
The Brooks Addiction has an improved fit of the soft air mesh as well which helps to offer a spacious toe box. The structure also offers a structured saddle ad an external heel counter in order to reinforce stability.
- THIS MEN'S SHOE IS FOR: With its maximum support and generous fit, the Addiction is great for both runners and walkers. If you’re looking for comfort or pain relief and haven’t found it in standard performance running shoes, this shoe might be your perfect match. This Brooks Addiction 14 is a certified PDAC A5500 Diabetic shoe and has been granted the APMA Seal of Acceptance.
- SUPER-SOFT CUSHIONING: BioMoGo DNA, our proprietary cushioning,adapts to your stride, weight and speed. Why? So it can help protect you by reducing impact on your joints.
- MAXIMUM SUPPORT: Our Extended Progressive Diagonal Rollbar (PDRB) is a support system for your entire body. It strategically positions arch support to guide and keep your body in its natural path of motion.
The Ariel also has a more spacious forefoot and a full-length Segmented Crash Pad that accommodates any foot landing and delivers smooth heel-to-toe transitions.
The Brooks Addiction has a Heel-Segmented Crash Pad that provides smooth heel-to-toe transitions.
If you are looking for a pair of good road running shoes, both pairs of shoes are going to be very good options. If you have wider or flatter feet, the Brooks Addiction will likely be the better shoe choice for you.
Brooks Ariel vs Addiction - Best Uses
Both pairs of running shoes are going to be very good daily trainers. If you have wider or flat feet, the Brooks Addiction will be the better choice for you. The Ariel offers great cushion and support for an all-around good running shoe.
There are hundreds of running shoes in the world, this can make it an extremely intimidating experience but selecting a pair of Brooks shoes solely based on their reputation is a wise decision.
Last update on 2023-09-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API