Today, people wear any kind of shoes ranging from sneakers and casual shoes to daily wear shoes when running.
Wearing the wrong shoes may cause Achilles Tendonitis, heel pain, knee pain, foot pain and plantar fasciitis, among other foot conditions.
The right pair of shoes for running or fitness can make the experience comfortable and enjoyable.
This article introduces you to two fantastic Brooks running shoes: the Brooks Adrenaline vs Glycerin.
The biggest difference is that Brooks Adrenaline are stability shoes designed to prevent overpronation with sturdy cushioning and support throughout. Glycerin are designed for neutral runners with responsive cushioning and midsole support.
Brooks Adrenaline vs Glycerin
Founded in 1977, Brooks is a popular brand in the shoe industry that manufactures amazing shoes. Focused on manufacturing running shoes, the brand uses various technologies to design a range of shoe lines.
In this article, we compare Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21 and Brooks Glycerin 19 to help differentiate the two shoe technologies. Read on to find out the difference between the two.
We already know Brooks is a superior running shoe brand.
Brooks Adrenaline GTS
Brooks Adrenaline GTS (full review) shoes offer excellent stability, cushioning, arch support and balance for runners. Designed with protection, the Go to Shoe (GTS) is popular among runners. It comes in a robust design and a perfect curve.
Midsole Technology and Comfort
Brooks running shoes are generally comfortable, but Brooks Adrenaline GTS are synonymous with comfort for the toughest terrains.
Built with BioMoGo DNA foam, Brooks Adrenaline GTS midsole is soft and adapts to your underfoot for an amazing feel like no other. The gel-based cushioning is soft to support dynamic runs. The foam is also biodegradable, making the shoes eco-friendly.
The S-257 Cushsole compound on the midsole is durable, making it comfortable and resilient. BioMoGo foam is also featured on the sock liners for added cushioning and extra contoured feel underfoot.
The Progressive Diagonal Roll Bar (PDRB) offers additional support for runners and ensures proper body alignment whenever you run. With proper arch positioning, discomfort resulting from overpronation is eliminated.
Moreover, DRB Accel (a thermoplastic polyurethane unit) on Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21’s midfoot area provides balanced grip on the underside of your foot.
It also provides torsional rigidity to reduce muscle strain and fatigue.
The partitioned Caterpillar Crash Pad covers the entire midsole for a smooth ride while running.
It adapts to your footfall, reduces impact and absorb shock. The sole unit’s Strobel offers a seamless appearance, including the upper.
Outsole and Durability
The durable and robust outsole of your Adrenaline GTS is a delight for every runner. Fabricated from HPR Plus, the outsole is protected from abrasion to improve traction and durability.
Apart from shoes protection, the outsole also protects your feet.
Various parts of the outsoles, heel and forefoot feature reinforced blown rubber to provide a responsive push during your runs. Flextra on the forefoot works with the reinforced blown rubber to give a perfect fit and support flexibility.
The outsole is also integrated with the Stable Pod Configuration for an exceptional transition experience from your heels to toes.
The Omega Flex Grooves and Omni Grooves work together to make the shoes flexible, mimicking your foot’s natural flexibility.
Design, Size and Color
Brooks’ running shoes are stylish and sharp. It manufactures shoes in unique designs that set it apart on the market. The Brooks Adrenaline GTS is stylish. The material used on the shoes’ upper has mesh streamlines for a sleek look and comfortable feel.
The overlays come in 3D print with a breathable upper and stylish look. The shoes’ inner sleeve has Element Lining to improve moisture control, keeping your feet dry and cool.
The internal saddle secures your midfoot in place to prevent interior wobbling of your foot.
The shoe comes in a standard length and width. The wide forefoot area supports smooth toe-splay and foot movement.
With narrow, wide and medium width profiles, you’ve got the option to choose from sizes 7 to 15.
You’ll find Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21 in various color combinations such as black, grey, white, blue, navy and red, among others.
Weight and Breathability
Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21 offers cushioned and augmented support, making it a non-ultra-lightweight or minimalist shoes. Weighing only 10 ounces for men’s shoes and 9 ounces for women’s shoes, the shoes aren’t heavy either.
They’re made from mesh materials for increased breathability. The shoes keep the inner environment cool and healthy through optimal airflow.
Large ventilation holes on the shoe sides and top also support breathability. The shoes ensure you’re comfortable while running through temperature regulation. Moreover, the material dries up quickly to keep your feet comfortable and breathable.
- Dries fast
- Offers added cushioning and comfort
- Stylish design and comfortable fit
- Available in multiple color options
- Light construction contradicts heel drop
- Has less padding
- Doesn’t give a minimalist feel
- THIS WOMEN'S SHOE IS FOR: Runners looking for a supportive shoe that's soft and smooth, the Adrenaline GTS 21 offers an improved ride and reliable support for however your body moves so you can forget the shoes and enjoy the run. This Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21 is a certified PDAC A5500 Diabetic shoe and has been granted the APMA Seal of Acceptance.
- SUPPORT AND CUSHION: Provides just the right amount of stability and support, great for overpronation while providing high energizing cushioning. Ideal for road running, cross training, the gym or wherever you might want to take them! Predecessor: Adrenaline GTS 20
- BALANCED, SOFT CUSHIONING: The DNA LOFT Crash Pad cushions each footfall and works with BioMoGo DNA to adapt to your every stride.
- MODERNIZED FIT: A streamlined, engineered mesh upper with 3D Fit Print offers the structure and proven fit the Adrenaline is known for-without excess bulk.
- GUIDERAILS HOLISTIC SUPPORT SYSTEM: We've shifted our focus beyond the feet to the most injury-prone part of a runner’s body: the knees. GuideRails keep you moving comfortably by keeping excess movement in check.
The Brooks Glycerin running shoes feature an improved midsole technology and new mesh material, making it popular among runners. Several recent technologies have been used on the shoes to provide a comfortable running experience.
Midsole Technology and Comfort
Brooks Glycerin 19, unlike its predecessors that made use of old Super DNA cushioning, it features DNA Loft midsole foam for added comfort. The smoother ride and comfort offered renders the shows popular among athletes.
Made from air, DNA foam and rubber, the DNA Loft cushioning is soft and comfortable for a bouncy feel and durable midsole.
With the smooth transition from heel to toe (over partitioned transition zones), the DNA Loft cushioning offers improved responsiveness and smoother rides when running.
Outsole and Durability
The Brooks Glycerin running shoes are built with robust outsoles for better durability. Blown rubber (has durable properties) and HPR Plus rubber are integrated into the outsole of the shoes for durability on the heel area.
On the other hand, the HPR Plus rubber protects the shoes from tear and wear. Its robustness fights abrasion and supports better traction on both rough and smooth running terrains.
Featured on the forefoot area, the blown rubber drives flexibility and better traction. Its bouncy and soft nature renders the shoes comfortable with cushioned underfoot area for prolonged use.
The Ideal Pressure Zones release pressure so you can enjoy smooth, effortless rides.
Design, Size and Color
The Brooks Glycerin running shoes are attractive. The new mesh material used on the upper renders it more stylish and appealing to the eye.
Brooks Glycerin 19 features double jacquard mesh material on the upper for comfort and increased breathability.
The material stretches to take the form of your foot due to its flexibility for a perfect fit. The 3D Fit Print technology improves the shoes fit.
With the soft in-shoe feel of the internal bootie construction, you’ll find the shoes comfortable. The lace-up closure supports foot lock-down comfort and exceptional midfoot security.
The heel and forefoot areas come in standard medium fit with wide and normal width size options.
Weight and Breathability
The running shoes are properly cushioned, hence not ultra-light. They’re neither heavy because they weigh 9 ounces for women and 10.5 ounces for men. However, the design for men are lighter than the Brooks Adrenaline running shoes for men.
Built with responsive midsole and luxurious cushioning, the shoes are comfortable enough to increase your running speed when training. The shoes are properly fitted for increased breathability. Tight shoes leave no space for airflow and breathe.
The new double jacquard mesh on the upper prevents water clogging, poor drainage and overheating, to improve breathability. Together with the 3D print overlays, the mesh support proper air circulation around your feet.
- Stylish upper and perfect sock-like fit
- Comfortable for running
- Breathable upper
- Wide platform for stable landing
- Added cushioning for long-distance running
- Improved grip
- A bit costly
- The cushioning is too soft
So, what's the Difference - Brooks Adrenaline vs. Glycerin
The two running shoes present unique features, including pros and cons that make them amazing. Designed with your running needs in mind, the shoes provide enough comfort, support, responsiveness and stability in design for smooth rides and durability.
Both shoes present features built to make your running experience fun, comfortable and productive. However, Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21 are overpronation shoes. They’re designed to position and align your body properly for good overall health.
The BioMoGo DNA technology and the Progressive Diagonal Roll Bar work together to prevent overpronation.
On the other hand, Brooks Glycerin 19 are designed for neutral running. It has amazing fit, responsive cushioning and a stylish look, making them ideal for long-distance running.
Opt for Brooks Adrenaline GTS if you’re looking for running shoes built to offer the best cushioning for your gym and running needs. On the other hand, you’ll find Brooks Glycerin more comfortable if you have overpronation feet.
- THIS WOMEN'S SHOE IS FOR: The Glycerin GTS 19 is perfect for runners who think there is no such thing as too much cushioning and want trusted GuideRails support. The plush internal fit and soft transitions keep runners surrounded by softness. Predecessor: Brooks Transcend 7
- GREAT SUPPORT: The Glycerin GTS 19 is the more supportive version of the Glycerin 19. The integrated GuideRails holistic support system keeps excess movement in check to keep you moving comfortably and providing support beyond just the feet, to the most injury-prone part of a runner’s body: the knees.
- MAXIMUM CUSHION AND SUPPORT: Provides maximum support while offering the maximum amount of cushioning. Ideal for road running, cross training, the gym or wherever you might want to take them!
- SUPER-SOFT CUSHIONING: The ultimate in softness and supreme comfort, designed for runners who want pillowy soft cushioning. The Glycerin 19 with DNA LOFT offers our most plush underfoot experience yet — so runners enjoy comfort that goes the distance.
- SMOOTH TRANSITIONS: The plush transition zone makes every move from heel to toe feel incredibly soft and smooth.
Shoe Conclusion: Brooks Adrenaline vs. Glycerin
When choosing the right shoes, many factors determine the right shoes for you. The best running shoes for one athlete may not feel right for another.
The best Brooks running shoes for you is comfortable, fits properly, and comes in your preferred color option and size. It also fits your budget.
Hi, Jeremy Here,
I am the the guy behind Train for a 5K. On this site, I share everything that learned along my running journey. The content I create is the running training I wish I had before we started this journey. About Me.
Last update on 2023-09-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API