Got smelly and/or sweaty feet? The problem may lie in the socks you’re wearing. The wrong type of socks can cause foot problems such as corns, chafing, or foot blisters.
As you may have observed, your feet are the MVP when it comes to moving around in day to day life and especially for runners.
As such, it’s absolutely essential to choose socks that use the latest technology, and ones that provide a comfortable, dry, and pain-free experience.
The best socks for sweaty feet runners should keep your feet dry and help you run, walk, and sprint with confidence.
Here are the socks that I include below with links so you can check pricing on Amazon. They come in plenty of different styles, colors, and shapes.
The 4 Best Socks for Sweaty Feet
The Best Overall Best Socks for Sweaty Feet
Ultra-light feature makes you forget you’re wearing socks. Comfortable for all-around athletic play. Run a long marathon without developing painful blisters. Lifetime guarantee.
The Importance Of Wearing The Right Socks
#1. Overall Running Experience:
Socks may seem to be a small aspect in the overall running scheme, but as a runner, you’d want to enjoy your hobby and ensure its success.
Of all things that are necessary for running, our feet take the brunt of the force and rubbing, so it’s important to treat them well with high-quality sock fabrics.
At any time you experience pain or discomfort, the overall joy of running decreases. In short, comfortable feet translates to an excellent run. Ask the experts and they’ll tell you socks are just as, if not more important as choosing the right clothes and running shoes.
#2 Happy and Healthy Feet:
As we run, our socks and footwear prevent feet moisture from evaporating. The sweat becomes stagnant and naturally gets smelly because of the presence of bacteria. A good pair of socks can go a long way in keeping your feet cool and dry.It can also prevent blisters from forming, ward off unwanted bacteria and fungal infection like athlete’s foot. According to the Mayo Clinic, most people aren’t aware that you can cure sweaty feet by changing the socks you wear every day.
Don’t like taking off your socks at the end of the day because you’ll be greeted by two stinky feet with toes that resemble prunes?
Imagine how the situation will be if you’re at a friend’s house, or when it’s time to change before heading out to the gym. You can almost imagine the smell and the recoil of those around you.
But don’t sweat, because having the right type of socks can eliminate these and other social embarrassments and serve to lift your confidence.
The 4 Best Socks For Sweaty Feet
Once again, The Darn Tough Athletic Socks takes the top spot on our list. It iss made of half merino wool and half synthetic materials, which translates to all-year wearing and exceptional durability. Merino wool is known for providing unparalleled softness.
- Performance Fit: No slipping, no bunching, and no blisters. True Seamless: Undetectable seam fusion for an ultrasmooth, invisible feel.
- Fine Gauge Knitting: Unprecedented durability and our unique "put it on, forget it's on" feel.
- Fast Action Wicking: Pulls moisture away from skin. Fast drying.
- Merino Wool: The ultimate fiber for breathability and comfort in all conditions.
- Still made in Vermont, USA. Still unconditionally guaranteed for life.
They are also naturally adept at resisting unpleasant odors. Extra cushioning around the leg and feet provide warmth against the colder weather.
- Ultra-light feature makes you forget you’re wearing socks.
- Comfortable for all-around athletic play.
- Run a long marathon without developing painful blisters.
- Made in USA.
- Lifetime guarantee.
- A bit more expensive than most athletic socks.
Now if you’re looking for something to enhance recovery along with its moisture-wicking fabric then this one will excite you.
We have discussed the merits of wearing compression socks above; if you haven’t tried it yet, then your best bet would be to get one made from Compressport.
These socks provide targeted compression to support your calves, achilles, and feet throughout a variety of physical activities, and oh yeah, they handle sweaty feet beautifully.
Compressport integrates a Ventilation Stripe Design technology to air out your feet and mop up the moisture. You will have less chance of bacterial infections, fungal invasions and sweat on your feet overall.Your feet will feel dry as you hike up mountains, run along trails or train harder without the sweaty consequences.
- Dampened Vibration - To reduce muscle damage.
- Fast Wicking - Keep dry so that the socks remain light.
- 3D.Dot Technology - Absorbs impacts and protects sensitive areas.
- Micro-Massage - For increased blood flow.
- Excellent Grip - Reducing the risk of overheating and blisters caused by excessive movement.
Unequaled durability and unsurpassed affordability is what makes Go2 Compression socks the choice among many runners and athletes. It was made for those who are up on their feet most of the day.
A 20 mm Hg compression feature prevents blood clots, swelling and keeps your feet healthy day in and day out.
Get a massive workout recovery when you use these compression socks. It’s also an all-type weather sock that can keep your feet dry and warm even in the colder months.An anti-odor and anti-bacterial bonus rounds it all up. Bottom line is, you can say goodbye to sweaty, smelly feet. Available in a wide array of colors.
- ✔ COMPRESSION THERAPY TECHNOLOGY - Provides true graduated compression to promote blood circulation and oxygen flow, prevent cramping, fatigue, swelling, help muscle recovery, spider, varicose veins and diabetic. Use them on a plane during that 9 hr flights or during that 6 mile walk. Your durable (20 - 30 mmHg) socks work with your routine. Feel the shock absorption effect instantly that really helps reduce fatigue and swelling in your lower leg!
- ✔ BLITZU KINESIOLOGY TAPING DESIGN - The One-of-a-Kind compression socks that combine the stability of kinesiology taping with the performance of compression fabric. Perfect for Relief of varicose veins or other leg swelling issues. Support your foot, heel, arch, ankle, and calf. Use it every day, night, or both. Prevent blood clots after surgery and Fits well unlike other Dr. prescribed Stiff varieties. The toe area won’t squeeze your aching toe joints. Instant comfort & support GUARANTEE!
- ✔ DESIGNED FOR EVERYDAY USE AND OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES - Bring more energy into your feet. It's perfect for jobs that require you to be on your feet a lot. It's also a must have for any leg intensive activity such as Marathon, Running, Hiking, Gym Fitness Training, Basketball, Cycling, Weightlifting and more. Perfect for extreme races and long runs!
- Long-lasting and an affordable choice.
- Either machine wash or hand wash will do. The fabric is tough enough to maintain overall feet comfort and sock elasticity.
- Pair it with other socks during colder months.
- Doesn’t roll down.
- May require users a bit of a break-in period.
These versatile athletic socks made by CEP feature some very solid technologies to help keep moisture at bay.
The SMART DRY yarn grants greater moisture and temperature management to wick away all the unwanted sweat that may accumulate.
- CEP Mid Cut Socks: Fits just below the calf for a crew length height. Minimalist design allows for greater feel in the foot bed. These lightweight socks are perfect for everyday running, preventing sweaty feet and hot spots
- Support Socks: Padded cushioning and seamless toe-closure optimize comfortability and provide protection against blisters. The 4-inch cuff height provides true ankle stability, while preventing ankle fatigue when running and training.
- Compression; 20 mmHg compression prevents foot swelling, speeds up recovery, and supports increased blood circulation. The crew cut design applies true compression technology that provides support and stability for the ankles and achilles.
- Comfort & Quality: Compressive fibers support a comfortable fit, built to last with our high-tech synthetic fibers. Medical grade compressive fibers retain strength and durability through the toughest conditions. Best for demanding athletic activity.
- 85% Polyamide (Nylon), 15% Elastane
A mix of nylon and spandex fabric combine to create an enhanced circulation of blood flow and of moisture management.
And of course, as CEP always does, blood circulation is optimized with compression fabric targeting the foot arches and achilles tendon.
- Comfortable and secure fit.
- High build quality.
- Great arch support.
- Dries quickly and with minimal effort.
- Variety of color options
- Not quite as padded as they could be in the toes.
How to Choose The Right Pair Of Socks
- Style. There’s little to no science involved regarding the length of socks you wear. However, there are a few points you should look over.
- Compression does play a role if you get shorter or longer socks, but we will go over that in a minute.
- If your running route involves a lot of paths with significant vegetation growth, then a crew or even calf-length socks should do well in protecting you from scratches, insect bites and prevent stones and other debris from entering your shoe.
- By the way, your shoe style may also dictate what type of socks you should wear. If you’re irritated by your heel constantly rubbing on low-cut shoes, then you may get a taller sock to decrease irritation. If you have toe blisters, then it would be a good idea to don toe socks.
- Size & Fit. Your shoe size dictates the sock size. It is of absolute importance that you get a well-fitting sock. Having too big a pair will cause a lot of friction, which leads to blisters and hot spots.
- Having too small a pair can constrict your blood flow and how your toe moves while running, which affects your running performance and bio-mechanics.
- Compression. Compression socks are well-known within the endurance and running community.
- These socks are designed to increase blood flow, thanks to graduated compression; this feature prevents common running issues such as shin splints, muscle cramps, and it helps athletes recover faster.
- There’s one caveat though- compression socks get uncomfortable over time as you wash and wear it. The compression feature becomes more restrictive as the fabric shrinks.
- If opting for one, make sure to select the proper size and take it out for a test. Run on short-distance trials before going on marathons.
- Fabric. Beginner runners often make the uncomfortable, sweaty mistake of choosing a pair of socks that are 100% made of cotton.
- These all-cotton socks absorb moisture and hold them in. You know what happens to feet when it’s constantly soaked as you run? Painful blisters. The best running socks that prevent blisters are those that are usually made of synthetic materials such as polyester, acrylic, or any other sweat-absorbing, quick-drying fabrics.
- They help in taking moisture off your feet and efficiently dispersing it away from your skin. Some runners and athletes swear by polyester socks when they perform because of its wonderful blister prevention feature.
- In the colder climates, a runner can go with wool blend socks, which can still absorb moisture and wick it away while keeping your feet relatively warm.
- Polypro is a mixture of materials that includes merino wool and other components. Dr. Andrew Weil of Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine recommends the use of polypro for athletes and runners.
More Ways to Cure Sweaty Feet
While it’s not unusual that a person occasionally experiences sweating on the feet, some people suffer from the extremes every day and its adverse effects.
Plantar Hyperhidrosis is a condition in which the feet sweat excessively, leading to stinky feet.
Wearing the right socks is one of the most highly effective aids and preventative measures you can take.
Last update on 2021-04-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API