Shin splints can be incredibly painful and take a very long time to heal. However, with the right resources, your recovery can be immensely less painful and ultimately better on your body.
There are a variety of different insoles, and there are so many different features to each one that it can be super difficult to decide which ones to buy.
Which will actually help to prevent and heal shin splints? Is it worth the cost? Which features are important?
The 10 Best Insoles for Shin Splints
Tread Labs Pace Short Insole - Top Pick
My top choice is the Pace Short Insole by Tread Labs. Tread Labs is a reputable brand who develop the most supportive and durable insoles that I have ever used.
I purchased this pair at the end of 2020 for the shin splints that I was enduring and they almost immediately went away. Made with a firm support base under my foot, they felt extremely comfortable and gave me the confidence to go back out and start running.
Don’t let the agony of foot pain keep you sidelined. Firm support from Pace Short insoles reduces stress on your plantar fascia and promotes proper body alignment. The perfect opponent for foot conditions that cause pain.
Taking into consideration the question that you should ask: "What should I look for when buying insoles for shin splints?
You should consider the that you will wear, if you have high arches or flat feet, the type of shoe you will be wearing with the insoles.
When you're looking to buy insoles, there are a number of things you need to consider: what shoe's you'll be wearing, or the shape of your foot flat feet or high arches.
You also need to consider whether you're only going to use insoles in your running shoes or if you need a pair for dress or casual shoes, too.
Below are the other 9 Best Insoles for Shin Splints That Are Worth Purchasing
Superfeet Unisex Athletic Performance Insoles
These insoles are made of closed-cell foam to ensure there is cushiony support for maximum comfort.
These insoles work best for people who have medium to low arches as there is low arch support sculpted into these insoles.
The sturdy base of the shoe inserts are not slippery at all benefiting you and your shoes as there will be far less wear on your shoes. This sturdy base also allows for a longer wear-time before they must be replaced.
Samurai Insoles Unisex Flat Feet Insoles
These insoles provide wonderful support to all those out there with anywhere from flat feet to a medium arch as they were designed using a neutral arch style.
Made out of memory foam by podiatrists, they will support and protect your feet, arches, and all that are attached to them with a sturdy and firm base which helps prevent shin splits.
They work great for all-day long activities, whether it is athletic or work related. They have amazing, preventative technology for issues such as shin splints, plantar fasciitis, Achilles tendonitis, heel spurs, and general foot pain.
These insoles also use their shock absorbance to help control the pronation of your feet. In addition to the podiatry support, they also offer awesome anti-slip support!
- PAINFUL, FLAT FEET? FALLEN arches? SKIP THE PRICEY $500 INSOLES: As a LEADING PODIATRIST (with flat feet!) I realize that MOST SHOE INSERTS have “PROBLEMS”. They require cutting or have rock-hard arch support that radiates pain up your legs. That’s why I assembled a "DREAM TEAM" of INDUSTRY LEADERS to BIOMECHANICALLY ENGINEER Samurai Insoles! They OPTIMIZE the FUNCTION of your FEET & LEGS – COMBINING the BEST BENEFITS of an ARCH SUPPORT SHOE INSERT & CUSTOM ORTHOTICS, for 1/10th the investment!
New Balance Unisex Soft Comfort Insoles
This durable insole is formed out of a high density foam that is perfect for active people with a medium to low arched foot.
This New Balance insole is designed to keep your foot solidly snug within your shoes. These insoles with help keep the pressure off of your feet with the shock pads within the base of them which helps prevent shin splints.
The sturdiness of the New Balance insoles helps to control overpronation of your feet and ankles which helps reduce the risk of sports-related injuries, such as shin splints, strains, spraines, plantar fasciitis, and Achilles tendonitis.
For additional comfort, New Balance also uses a very breathable top layer of fabric in order to decrease sweating and slip.
- Plastazote top layer uses your own body heat to mold to the shape of your foot, helping relieve pressure points; great for those with diabetes or arthritis
- Lightweight, long-lasting Abzorb cushioning pods with Poron foam provide shock absorption at heel and forefoot
Dr. Foot Unisex Insoles for Sports
This shoe insole is especially great for those with low to medium arches but not for people with flat feet.
It is constructed out of a high density foam that contours perfectly to support your feet. The Dr. Foot insoles also provide incredible heel support with snug and comfortable deep heel cups.
This helps to ensure that the insoles will aid in preventing injuries such as shin splints, overpronation, and foot strain.
The foam is a ventilated, moisture wicking base that keeps excess moisture to a minimum and allows your foot to breathe as well as not slip as much.
- HIGH ARCH SUPPORT: The high arch support designed insole has changed the force structure of the foot, provide ideal solution for those with flat feet, rigid steps, high, weak, fallen arches.
- FUNCTIONALITY: The high ARCH SUPPORT can alleviate pain of the foot. Reduction of fatigue when walking or sport. It is suitable for sports shoes, flat shoes, boots, and even all shoes. Flexible and soft foam give the feet support and comfortable whole day.
Hyperspace Unisex Sports Insoles
The Hyperspace insoles are perfect to wear while you are healing and recovering from shin splints as they are designed to contour the shape of your foot.
They also use biomechanical reinforcement technology in order to correct the problems with foot pressure and pronation to help prevent injuries such as shin splints.
In addition to the technology, the underside has gel shock pads underneath the heel and forefoot in order to shift any pressure or impact away from sensitive areas of the foot which can help prevent shin splints.
These insoles have a velvety material covering the insole that does not necessarily ventilate, but it absorbs any moisture to keep away the sweat and blisters. I like the deep heel cup as my foot feels snug and comfortable.
Stridetek Unisex Orthotic Insoles
These insoles are scientifically designed to take the pressure off of your knees, shins, and forefeet helping to prevent injury such as shin splints.
In addition to the pressure removed from the design, there is also a metatarsal pad to help remove any pain in the ball of the foot as well as a deep heel cup to help avoid pronation that will prevent injury.
There are also gel pads in the heels that help to deflect the impact away from your feet and legs.
They also provide immense amounts of comfort between the high-density memory foam that molds to your feet and the Aegis Microbe Shield that puts a protective layer in place to to keep out the bacterial and odor buildup.
- Patented Metatarsal Riser, Arch Support, and Deep Heel Cup help relieve common foot pain, flat feet pain, arch pain, heel pain, plantar fasciitis, shin splints, metatarsalgia & Morton's Neuroma
- Patented Metatarsal Riser Support Pad encourages proper bio-mechanics, resists over pronation (rolling inward at the ankles), and relieves forefoot pain.
Happy Step Unisex Memory Foam Cushioned Insoles
This specific brand of insoles is made from high density supportive memory foam.
It is great for all day activities as it is super durable and comfortable. Therefore it is amazing for medium to high volume daywear.
You can trim the insoles to fit perfectly to your feet to ensure the best comfort possible.
They can also be used as replacement insoles to ensure they will fit perfectly inside your shoes against your feet to help your legs and feet heal.
- Happystep shoe inserts’ top is made of fine and smooth velvet which delivers softness and coziness to the skin of your feet; the bottom sole is made of premium quality and high-density memory PU which uses the heat from your feet to soften and mold to your unique feet sole shape, and to provide customized support and comfort.
- Happystep full-length memory foam insoles provide orthopedic cushioned arch support and heel-to-toe cushioning while standing or in motion. They are ideal insoles for those who have foot problems like plantar fasciitis, flat feet, rigid steps, and high, weak, or fallen arches.
- Happystep memory foam insoles are designed as everyday-use shoe inserts that help with foot fatigue and relieve foot pain. They are best fit in footwear with removable insoles. It is recommended not to insert both the new insoles and the old insoles into the shoes as they would take too much room from your footwear. Your feet may feel too tight in the shoes.
Walk Hero Unisex Arch Support Insoles
These insoles are great for people with high foot arches who are struggling with issues such as plantar fasciitis and shin splints.
They are incredibly cushioned and have great shock absorbance to help relieve any pain as well as an arch support and deep heel cup.
They are super durable and have a cooling and moisture-wicking top layer.
- ··★LASTING COMFORT - arch support improves foot and leg alignment, enhances comfort, and helps ease stress and uncomfortable caused by flat feet (Pronation), bunions, arthritis,good for Plantar Fasciitis (heel pain & heel spurs), Achilles Tendonitis
- ··★DEEP HEEL CUP- to maintain correct foot positioning.protects your heel during the heavy impact of landing during walking or running and stabilizes the foot.
Logics Best Unisex Pain Relief Insoles
This final brand of insoles works incredibly well for all arch types and has a supportive heel cup to help keep any sliding issues to a minimum.
The cushioning and shock absorbance provides great comfort to your feet and legs as well as helping to reduce the risk of injuries such as shin splints.
In addition to cushioning, they are also designed with a special anti-fatigue technology.
Finally, there is a top layer of lining that wick away moisture to keep your feet cool and dry.
- 👟 COMFORT THAT LASTS - Anatomical arch support significantly helps foot and leg alignment, increases comfort, and helps ease stress and pain caused by pronation *flat feet*, bunions, arthritis, and Diabetic neuropathy. Provides relief from Plantar Fasciitis *heel pain & heel spurs*, Achilles Tendonitis plus Ball of Foot pain
- 👟 DEEP HEEL CUP- to keep your feet in the best possible position. This helps to prevent damage to your heel during the heavy 💥 impact of landing during walking or running and stabilizes the foot.
Conclusion: The 10 Best Insoles for Shin Splints
The key to being a happy runner is being a healthy runner. Shin splints are an incredibly common injury among the running community, and there are so many great ways of preventing them including shoe insoles.
Insoles are a reasonably inexpensive, preventative measure to use if you are concerned about shin splints.
While there are dozens of different types of shoe insoles, this list will help you narrow down your research to a far less intimidating number of options.
Happy and healthy trails everybody!
Hi, Jeremy Here,
I am the the guy behind Train for a 5K. On this site, I share everything that learned along my running journey. The content I create is the running training I wish I had before we started this journey. About Me.
Last update on 2022-11-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API