If you are looking for quality insoles but cannot decide on which one would work for you, we break down the differences in the insole powerhouses, Superfeet vs Powerstep in this comparison.
We singled out the highest rated models made by both manufacturers and presented them in our review section.
Before that, check out how to choose your insoles, and how the two companies compare in different areas.
Our Top Choice
Factors to Consider When Picking the Best Insoles
The first thing you will want to consider is quality.
The good news is that both Superfeet and Powerstep are doing an amazing job when it comes to ensuring optimal quality and performance.
These are reputable companies, which will take care of even the smallest detail. That is why your choice between the two will depend on details and preference.
The impression is that Superfeet focuses on providing runners optimal comfort, especially when long-distance running or spending time in their shoes for hours. Unlike that, Powerstep tries to be more versatile.
While their comfort is great, too, it doesn’t feel like Powerstep designs insoles for running, but for overall purpose.
That being said, they provide excellent arch support, and if you are having issues with the foot or joint pain, they can be an excellent choice.
Size and Fit
Size charts may be different, which is why you should be careful when picking insoles. Your goal is to ensure that they are not too small.
You may have the possibility of trimming them if they are too big, but you can’t use small insoles.
Apart from the size, you should consider how the insoles fit you. That may depend on your arch, and the type of shoes you are wearing.
First, make sure that the insoles are suitable for your arch type. Don’t worry because you will find models for a low and high arch, as well as flat feet.
Next, consider the shoes you plan to use the insoles with, and see how much space to fit them you have. Bulky insoles may provide extra comfort, but they also require additional room.
On the other hand, thin insoles fit in any shoe, but some users might find that they don’t benefit enough from them.
The good news is that both Superfeet and Powerstep have insoles of different sizes and fits, and you shouldn’t have a problem finding the one that suits you.
If your feet are prone to sweating, you need to pick the right shoes and insoles. When it comes to the latter, you will find many units with antimicrobial properties.
These ensure that your shoes and feet remain odor-free, even if you are running when it is hot outside. These properties will also keep your feet cool, which is also important for optimal comfort.
The majority of Powerstep insoles have reliable antimicrobial characteristics, and some Superfeet models are excellent in that area, too.
Other Tips to Consider When Buying Insoles
Take a look at some extra quick tips you can use when choosing the right insole:
- Durability – some manufacturers will let you know how long they expect the insoles to last, and even provide warranty for the said period.
- Price – you want the insoles to fit your budget, but performance should still be your priority over the price.
- Versatility – can you use the insoles for walking, too? Are they suitable for running on a treadmill? How about following that trail through the local forest? Think where you plan to run with your insoles, and choose accordingly.
Superfeet vs Powerstep Insoles: Reviews
Superfeet Run Comfort
Runners have specific needs for insoles, and Superfeet is aware of that. It is why the goal of this model is to meet their particular expectations.
The first thing you notice is the claim of the company that the insoles will last for 12 months or 500 miles of use, which is impressive.
The product seems quite durable, too, and it has a deep heel cup, which ensures optimal support and structure.
Odor control is another important feature of these insoles. You do not have to worry about feet smell even if you spend an entire day in these shoes.
Although they are designed for running, you can also take them to work or use for walking.
The insoles have high volume, and they are not suitable for people with a low arch or tight shoes.
- DESIGNED FOR: Superfeet RUN Comfort Insoles are ideal for running or walking, helping reduce foot fatigue while gaining efficiency.
- RECOMMENDED SHOE TYPE: RUN Comfort Insoles are a high volume design providing MAX support and ideal in running, walking or everyday shoes that have a little extra room to accommodate the volume of the insoles.
- WHAT TYPE OF FOOT: Ideal for those with a medium to high arch looking for maximum arch support.
Superfeet Carbon Insoles
When it comes to insoles, you can have one of two approaches. The first one is to look for thick insoles that take a huge part of your shoe, and the second is to look for the thinnest insole out there.
Superfeet Carbon fits into the latter category. That makes them great if you are wearing tight shoes or have a high arch.
The company picked wrap knit polyester as the material of choice. However, it is the stabilizer cap that makes the insoles unique. It provides extra support thanks to the carbon fiber and polymer blend.
The thinness makes these insoles not that versatile. They may be too hard on your feet, especially if you are looking for generous support.
Although it rarely happens, you may hear a squeaking noise from your insoles, especially in the beginning.
- FIT PROFILE: Low volume / Low profile (Volume refers to the amount of space the insole will take up in your shoe. Profile is how much shape you can expect to feel under your foot)
- CARBON FIBER STABILIZER CAP: the stabilizer cap is reinforced with EVOLYTE, a proprietary carbon fiber & polymer blend, to provide structure and support
- LOW-PROFILE DESIGN: the thinnest Superfeet insole
Powerstep Pinnacle Shoe Insoles
Powerstep aimed for maximum cushioning and comfort. They used a base made of EVA foam, and a plush top layer to ensure you feel comfortable in your shoes.
The arch support is described as semi-rigid, which means the insoles aim to balance between flexibility and firmness.
That should provide optimal support and help you to maintain a natural foot movement while running.
The product is suitable to reduce stress on your feet and joints. It is versatile and fits different arch types, as well as shoe types.
These insoles are anti-microbial, which means they can put the odor under control and prevent sweating.
That is also useful if you like running during warm weather as it will help to keep your feet cool. The downside is that the insoles might not have a long lifespan.
- Maximum cushioning: A durable EVA foam base and plush top layer, paired with our variable Cushioning Technology, provide a dual layer of targeted and controlled cushioning, enhancing comfort in your shoes
- Semi-rigid arch support: firm yet flexible arch support and deep heel cradle increase foot support and stability – providing greater motion control while walking or running
- top fabric: heat and friction reducing fabric helps feet stay cool, dry, and odor-free during strenuous activity – keeping your feet comfortable, healthier, and blister-free
Powerstep Original Orthotic Shoe Insoles
These are the insoles that started it all for Powerstep. The original model is still out there, and many users love how it fits.
It is because the insoles are thin, and you don’t have to trim them when transferring them from one shoe to another.
The product features Variable Cushioning Technology, which is how they are capable of providing optimal cushioning regardless of your activity.
Running on a treadmill and other high-impact activities are also an option with these insoles.
It depends on your feet and preference, but some users may find that the arch support is too much. It might feel like a foreign object in your shoe, but if you are looking for arch support, you will be delighted.
- Full length total support: powerstep’s original orthotic shoe insole offers full length, total contact support. The encapsulated design has a firm but flexible support shell, built-in arch support and deep heel cradle for increased stability. This insert works for neutral, low and high arches
- Moderate cushioning: original full-length shoe insoles have dual-layer cushioning with vct Variable Cushioning Technology and a durable EVA foam base that provides high-quality, targeted cushioning to protect your feet during an athletic activity, standing or walking
- Designed for comfort: The polyester top fabric keeps your feet comfortable and dry by preventing friction and heat while you go about your day
Superfeet Copper Insoles
Superfeet went with memory foam when designing these insoles, which is a different approach compared to their other models on our list.
They do have a synthetic sole, but it is the memory foam that adjusts to your foot and follows its natural movement.
The manufacturer explains these are low-profile, but high-volume insoles. As a result, you may discover there is not enough room for them in tight shoes.
Once you try them, you will notice that these copper insoles are excellent for high-impact running.
If you feel like going on a treadmill, this may help to minimize injuries, joint and back pain. Insoles are quite durable, which is a nice way to justify the price.
- FIT PROFILE: High volume / Low profile (Volume refers to the amount of space the insole will take up in your shoe. Profile is how much shape you can expect to feel under your foot)
- REINFORCED STABILIZER CAP: the base of the insole that supports the rearfoot and provides structure and stability to the foam layer
- DEEP HEEL CUP: features a deep, narrow heel cup that helps support the foot during high-impact activities and long distances
The ultimate winner of our roundup is Superfeet with its Run Comfort insoles. These are unique by many things, but the combination of versatility and durability is what made them the winner.
You can wear them for hours, and they will maintain comfort. Additionally, you don’t have to worry about odors because odor control is amazing.
We’ve come to the end of our Superfeet vs Powerstep comparison. Although you cannot go wrong with either if you care about comfort and support, it seems that Superfeet is a company that knows how to make great insoles for runners.
Finally, we advise you to check out the reviews once again before you make the final decision on which product fits you the most!
Last update on 2020-02-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API