Throughout your running, your training, and your racing, there is always going to be one thing that might throw off your running.
Whether it is something with your diet or your physical body something is bound to happen at some point during your entire running career.
If something happens physically with your body, whether you get injured or not, it is important to know what you can do to keep your body healthy.
One way that you can keep your body healthy is through having the proper equipment that works well with your body.
If you struggle with ankle, plantar fasciitis, or achilles tendonitis issues, one way you can help your body to recover or even prevent it all is by finding great running shoe insoles that work well for your body and your feet!
Two running shoe insole options are Superfeet Black and Carbon.
This article will help you to know if these brands of running shoe insoles are right for your body, your feet, and your training.
Superfeet Carbon - Best Choice
What can insoles help you with?
Running shoe insoles can help in preventing and recovering a multitude of injuries. How do they do that?
Many people have a natural pronation in their step; this can cause your feet to tilt slightly inward, especially if you wear shoes that do not have a good arch in them.
This can cause extreme soreness and exhaustion on your ankles which could potentially lead to straining the muscles or tendons in your ankles and potentially lead to injury.
Insoles can also help keep away plantar fasciitis by supporting your arches whether they are too high or too flat.
The Biggest Differences:
Superfeet Carbon are the thinner of the two options. Both last about 12 months or 500 miles.
The Carbon also offers a slightly wider insole and a structured/sturdy heel cup is that helps support the foot. Superfeet Black offers a higher ability to repel odor.
Superfeet Black: Review
The Superfeet Black running insoles are incredible thin running shoe insole with six amazing features that will help to support your stride throughout all of your runs.
To begin with, they have a super durable construction; the inserts can last for up to twelve months or 500 miles while keeping their shape, whichever mile stone comes first!
The Superfeet Black have a great, low profile shape that offers incredible support and stabilization to your feet which can help to reduce the stress on your feet, ankles, and knees.
Two integral parts of the sleek shape of these insole inserts are the heel cup and the stabilizer cap.
The accommodating heel cup helps to stabilize the heel offering support to your ankle all the way up your leg.
The stabilizer cap provides structure behind your foot to ensure there is flexible support throughout the insole in a way that minimizes the volume of the insole insert.
To top it all off, the Superfeet Black insoles have a natural coating surrounding the insole insert that helps to eliminate odor causing bacteria so your insoles can stay fresh throughout the time you have them.
- FIT PROFILE: Low profile/Low volume insoles; Volume refers to the amount of space these comfortable Superfeet insoles will take up in your shoe, whereas, the Profile is how much shape you can expect to feel under your foot
- STABILIZER CAP: The reinforced rearfoot of the cap of these shoe inserts provides structure and support for our most flexible, low-volume insole
- HEEL CUP: These Cushioning shoe insoles feature the most accommodating heel cup and can help stabilize and support the foot
- SUPERFEET SHAPE: The low-profile, flexible Superfeet shape helps stabilize and support the foot, which can help reduce stress on feet, ankles and knees
- HIGH-DENSITY FOAM LAYER: Closed-cell foam insoles support and cushion the foot for long-lasting comfort
Superfeet Carbon: Review
The Superfeet Carbon insole inserts are the thinnest shoe insole inserts made by Superfeet and have a variety of incredible features to help support you and your body.
They have the same Superfeet construction that helps the inserts to last up to twelve months or 500 miles while maintaining their superior shape.
The Carbon low profile shape helps to support your feet, ankles, and knees with four awesome features!
The first feature to note is the Carbon Fiber Stabilizer Cap; this supports the rearfoot by providing stability to the foam layer, reinforced by EVOLyte which is Superfeet’s propriety carbon fiber and polymer blend.
The next feature is beveled foam edge along the insert which helps to improve the fit in tighter fitting footwear. The final two features are the forefoot and heel cup.
The forefoot is slightly wider than the standard inserts as to accommodate for a wider range of footwear while the heel cup is structured to help stabilize and support the foot while positioning the heel to absorb as much impact as possible.
The final two features of the Superfeet Carbon insole inserts work to keep your insoles and feet as fresh as possible.
These insoles have foam perforations under the midfoot and forefoot that help to reduce the weight and improve the breathability as well as a natural odor controlling coating that helps to eliminate odor causing bacteria.
If you are going to be moving your insoles from one pair of shoes to another for work then training, I would get the Carbon insoles for the wider toe box.
However, if these insoles would live only in your running shoes, I would get the Superfeet Black.
- FIT PROFILE: Low profile/Low volume insoles; Volume refers to the amount of space these comfortable Superfeet insoles will take up in your shoe, whereas, the Profile is how much shape you can expect to feel under your foot. Full-length Superfeet insoles are supposed to be trimmed to fit in your shoes.
- CARBON FIBER STABILIZER CAP: The stabilizer cap of these Superfeet shoe sole inserts is reinforced with EVOLYTE, a proprietary carbon fiber & polymer blend, to provide structure and support
- LOW-PROFILE DESIGN: These Superfeet sole inserts are the thinnest of their type.
- HEEL CUP: The structured heel cup of these slim shoe insoles help stabilize and support the foot and positions the heel to naturally absorb impact
- SUPERFEET SHAPE: The low profile shape of the Superfeet shoe insert helps stabilize and support the foot, which can help reduce stress on feet, ankles, and knees
Shoe insoles can work incredibly well for anyone struggling with foot or ankle issues. Whether they are in just your work shoes or in your training shoes as well, they can help to decrease a lot of pain issues that could lead to injury.
These pain issues could also travel from your feet up to your knees and hips if not taken care of before it spreads.
Both the Superfeet Black and the Superfeet Carbon athletic shoe insoles can be great options for you that will help prevent injury and prevent or decrease pain that being on your feet without supportive shoe insoles can cause for a great price.
Last update on 2021-01-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API