The Brooks Defyance is a neutral shoe made for the track or the road. Both heavy and everyday runners enjoy the support and stability the Brooks Defyance gives them.
It’s an average fit, neutral running shoe that ensures a smooth experience with each use.
But since Brooks has discontinued the production of Defyance, many alternatives have started to appear on the market. They have the same features, if not better.
The 5 Shoes Similar to Brooks Defyance
Keep reading to find out about 5 shoes similar to Brooks Defyance!
Similar to Defyance, the Mizuno Wave Rider 23 is lightweight and comfortable. It has high-quality cushioning thanks to its U4ic and U4icX CloudWaves. This material provides a super secure fit and soft cushioning.
A great feature of the Wave Rider 23 is that the cushioned insoles are responsive, much like those of Defyance. But what makes them stand out is their heel support.
You’ll also appreciate the breathable mesh upper. Just like in Defyance, the upper allows for maximum airflow, while providing exceptional support and stability.
Even though these are considered neutral running shoes, they’re still capable of providing maximum support to a wide range of users. Their high arches and rubber soles make them one of the best alternatives to Brooks Defyance.
- The Wave Rider 23's Mizuno Wave cushioning technology provides ultra soft comfort in a super secure fit
- Lightweight and breathable mesh upper offers controlled temperatures and top unwavering performance
- Wave Rider 23 features a dual compound midsole using U4ic and U4icX technologies for unrivalled responsiveness and exhilarating runs
- This neutral favorite works best for slight underpronation all the way to very slight overpronation. For moderate overpronation the Wave Horizon 3 or Wave Inspire 15 would be best.
The New Balance 1080 v10 is a women’s shoe with similar features to Defyance, mainly in their level of comfort and cushioning.
It’s a better, softer, and more responsive pair of shoes compared to previous versions. It’s designed to take your feet’ shape with the help of its Fresh Foam X technology.
This technology is similar to Defyance’s BioMoGo DNA, which cushions your feet while providing maximum support.
Much like the stitched layers on the Defyance, these New Balance come with an Ultra, or 3D, heel design. It increases the durability of the shoes and offers a perfect fit.
It’s a feature that prevents in-shoe wobbling while protecting your feet from the various forces of impact.
Another similarity between the New Balance v10 and Defyance is their uppers are soft and breathable. They also provide excellent support and ensure ample airflow in your forefoot area and throughout the entire shoe.
- Cushioned Running Shoes for Every Runner: Part of the Fresh Foam X collection, these shoes use our latest advancements in data to design to deliver precise plushness exactly where you need it
- Great Fit: Designed with no-sew overlays to ensure a sleek fit and incredible feel, these kids' performance shoes will be a joy to wear for your active little one
- Breathable Comfort: The synthetic and mesh uppers on these New Balance kids' running shoes create amazing breathability, helping to keep their feet comfortable when the pace picks up
The Adidas Adizero Boston is a great women’s alternative to the Defyance. It comes with many functional features that are quite similar to the Defyance.
For example, the midsoles are similar in design. They also have the same responsive cushioning system and breathable mesh.
Also, both of these shoes are neutral running shoes. They also come with sockliner molds that take the shape of your feet.
The Adidas upper on these shoes are made from breathable mesh, like Defyance. It’s a material that manages to offer high levels of support and durability. Plus, it ensures a well-ventilated wrap.
The Adizero Boston 8 has a comfortable step-in system. Its responsiveness, combined with its comfort and flexibility, provides a pleasant running experience.
Another feature they have in common is their rubber soles. They have a dependable grip in all weather conditions.
- Running shoes with a Boost midsole designed for distance training
- Regular fit; Lace closure; Stable feel
- Flexible mesh upper is breathable
- Responsive Boost midsole; Soft textile lining for comfort; Stabilizing Torsion System
- Continental Rubber outsole for extraordinary grip in wet and dry conditions
Just like Defyance, the Nike Air Zoom Pegasus model is a neutral running shoe. It comes with Air Zoom midsoles, which are lightweight and cushiony.
They run the entire length of the shoe and provide added comfort and support as you’re running.
The cushioned part is made with Cushion ST foam. This type of memory foam gives your feet stability and support. Another great feature of Nike is its Fitsole sockliner, which delivers high-quality cushioning and support.
They’re great for speed, long-distance, and everyday runners, similar to Brooks Defyance. The way these two types of shoes are designed gives them a comfortable feel and a responsive fit.
Here is a fair comparison between Nike running shoes and Brooks.
- Perforations on upper enhance breathability in forefoot and arch.
- Full-length Zoom Air unit provides a smooth, responsive ride.
- Slimmer design reduces bulk for a comfortable, conforming fit.
- Exposed Flywire cables in the midfoot promote a snug fit at higher speeds.
Asics & Brooks have had a long-standing battle as the top running shoe.
Another great alternative to Defyance is the ASICS Gel-Nimbus 22. This is a high-quality, neutral running shoe with gel cushioning in both the forefoot and the rearfoot.
They’re both made with comfortable, multidirectional mesh uppers. The front part is made with durable material, which provides support, versatility, and good airflow.
The ASICS TRUSSTIC System makes this shoe lightweight, weighing around 10 ounces. Yet it’s still able to preserve their structural integrity. It’s very similar to curved flex grooves found on Defyance.
Their responsive memory foam is very similar. The Gel-Nimbus uses long-lasting, full-length SpevaFoam 45. It’s a lasting material with a soft, comfortable feel.
This technology has a lot in common with the BioMoGo DNA design of Defyance. They both use organic nanofibers to provide maximum padding and support.
They both also have rubber soles, which protect the midsoles. They also give a bouncier, firmer feel, as well as a good deal of traction.
- Rearfoot and Forefoot GEL Technology Cushioning System - Attenuates shock during impact and toe-off phases, and allows movement in multiple planes as the foot transitions through the gait cycle.
- FlyteFoam Propel Technology - ASICS energetic foam formulation that provides supreme bounce thanks to a unique elastomer compound.
- EVA Sockliner - Removable sockliner that provides cushioning performance.
- Guidance Line Midsole Technology - Vertical flex groove decouples the tooling along the line of progression for enhanced gait efficiency.
- Trusstic System technology - Reduces the weight of the sole unit while retaining the structural integrity of the shoe.
If you’re looking for a reliable, well-balanced pair of shoes, then these are your top picks. They’re the best five shoes similar to Brooks Defyance we found on the market.
Each of them offers a great fit and excellent performance. They’re perfect for everything you throw at them, from regular daily jogging to marathons to track workouts.
Last update on 2020-09-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API