Have you ever worn Brooks Adrenaline GTS running shoes? It is a question of preference, but we can’t argue that they are one of the most popular supportive shoe models on the market for those who tend to overpronate.
However, if you would like to try something else, let’s take a look at the top-rated running shoes similar to the Brooks Adrenaline GTS!
Our Top Choice:
Reasons Why You Should Pick a Shoe Similar to the Brooks Adrenaline GTS
If you are looking for a shoe that reminds of the Adrenaline GTS, then you probably already owned that shoe, or you know it's specifics in detail.
However, in case you need some guidance when it comes to why you should choose that type of shoe, take a look at how it can improve your running.
Ultimately, it all comes down to you feeling great while running in your shoes. Brooks Adrenaline GTS is ideal for wearing on days when you spend a lot of time at work, but also need extra support through your gait cycle.
It is also suitable for athletes in competitions like a half marathon or marathon that need to wear shoes for a long time. You should also look for shoes that are easy to put on or take off when necessary.
Always untie and retie your shoes when you take them on and off to ensure proper fit, comfort, and lockdown for each run.
Another aspect to consider is the room in the toe box area, it should be relatively roomy between the toe and the front of the shoe to allow feet to swell up comfortably.
If it is sunny outside, you will probably want to run at your local track or park.
You may also get the want to get farther into nature on a hiking trail while running. Furthermore, if the weather is bad, you may be forced to stay in the gym and run on the treadmill or brave whatever the elements may hold for you outside.
Needless to say, you need a versatile pair of running shoes, and the versatility that the Adrenaline GTS delivers is amazing. A similar model would ensure that you can use it regardless of the surface. Some shoes may even be suitable for taking to work.
First, you want to make sure that the manufacturer used only top-quality components when constructing the shoe. That is what Brooks did with their Adrenaline series.
Durable materials can withstand high impact and abrasion, which can be important if you are running on a treadmill, or build with a bigger frame.
Additionally, premium quality components in the upper material, midsole foam, and outsole rubber will also ensure extended longevity, which means the shoes might serve you for months or even years.
You shouldn’t underestimate breathability for two reasons. The first one is preventing odors, and the second is keeping your feet cool and comfortable even in hot weather conditions. This could prevent hot spots, blisters, and discomfort for the miles ahead.
Imagine if you were running and you need to go to a friend’s after the session. You want to be certain that your feet won’t smell, and only shoes with odor control features will ensure that.
Additionally, look for the most breathable, yet strong mesh fabric out there.
At this moment, the latest model in the series is Brooks Adrenaline GTS 20.
Yes, that is the twentieth edition of this shoe, which shows the desire of the manufacturer to work on their products and ensure constant improvements.
Depending on the company, you may notice that your shoes utilize various technologies and approaches to ensure optimal comfort or breathability.
Read the feature list carefully and make sure to find the optimal balance of firmness, flexibility, and support to fit your needs.
With the risk of sounding spoiled, we feel the need to reinforce the importance of choosing a premium brand.
Brooks is a reputable manufacturer and one of the industry leaders. If you want similar shoes, you should go with a company with a similar reputation.
The only way to be sure about the quality of the shoes you are getting is to go with a premium brand. Those companies have amazing quality control, and they often deliver on their promises.
5 Running Shoes Similar To Brooks Adrenaline GTS (with Reviews)
We are starting the list with one of the most popular running support shoes designed by Asics. The Gel Kayano 27 is available in many sizes, widths, and color combinations.
The manufacturer used an engineered upper mesh and external heel clutch to make up the upper, and Asics uses High Abrasion Rubber on the outsole for added durability.
The engineered upper mesh comprises the upper, providing lightweight breathability that tightens and loosens in key different areas to allow the foot to move naturally while still maintaining a supportive structure.
The product is durable and provides excellent structure and support for those who overpronate. The High Abrasion Rubber Outsole offers traction on a multitude of surfaces.
They will feel heavy, but the support and durability should make up for that drawback for most people.
Additionally, the Asics Gel Technology offers soft cushioning to protect your feet and legs from extensive ground impact. These are the small details difference that what you would find in Brooks running shoes.
- Rearfoot and Forefoot GEL Technology Cushioning System - Attenuates shock during impact and toe-off phases, and allows movement in multiple planes as the foot transitions through the gait cycle.
- FlyteFoam Propel Technology - ASICS energetic foam formulation that provides supreme bounce thanks to a unique elastomer compound.
- FlyteFoam Midsole Technology - Our FlyteFoam technology provides exceptional bounce back and responsiveness no matter the distance, utilizing organic super fibers to help reduce packing out that traditionally happens with softer, low density foams.
- Dynamic DuoMax Support System - This evolution of DuoMax system enhances stability and support, with reduced weight and increased platform support.
- Engineered Mesh Upper - Multi-directional mesh material improves ventilation and stability.
Pros & Cons of Asics Gel Kayano 27
HOKA One One is an extremely popular brand nowadays and is most known for its maximalist mentality when it comes to midsole foams and geometric rocker material to propel you forward.
It’s Hoka One One Arahi 4 is the premier supportive shoe for this brand, buts its surprisingly breathable and lightweight.
As one of the lightest and softest stability shoes, Hoka has implemented its EVA J-frame technology to enhance stability and support throughout the heel-to-toe off.
This is combined with its Early Stage Meta-Rocker Geometry to guide your foot in a natural and neutral positioning.
To keep the lockdown, comfort, and breathability at a maximum, Hoka uses its engineered upper mesh to allow airflow in and out of the shoe for sufficient breathability.
Hoka also implements a padded tongue for greater comfort on the top of the foot and a Molded Ortholite Sockliner to assist with odor management while also providing additional underfoot cushioning.
Pros & Cons of HOKA One One Arahi 4
Continuing with the soft and breathable stability running shoe options, New Balance has it Fresh Foam Vongo v4 has it covered. New Balance is known to be a high-quality brand that makes sturdy shoes with a good mix of amenities.
Packed with the New Balance signature Fresh Foam, the Vongo v4 offers plenty of cushioning for the miles to come. The only drawback for this may be its durability, as the Fresh foam has been known to give out quicker than other proprietary midsole foams.
With an Engineered Upper mesh and a Reinforced Medial Midfoot Panel, this shoe offers a strong lockdown and added support to resist the inward rolling of your foot (over-pronation).
A final consideration to make for this shoe is its lower drop (4mm from heel-to-toe), as it definitely feels like a low drop. If you tend to have some achilles tendon issues then this may serve to aggravate it further and you may want to go with a different model.
- Smooth and Stable: For the runner who craves the smoothness of Fresh Foam but demands the support of a moderate stability shoe, the Fresh Foam Vongo v4 running shoe offers the best of both worlds
- Cushioned Comfort: These trail shoes keep it comfy with an EVA foam insert and Fresh Foam midsole cushioning that is precision-engineered to deliver an ultra-cushioned, lightweight ride
- Traction You Can Trust: Fresh Foam Arishi Trail running shoes are constructed with durable AT Tread outsoles to provide versatile traction for both on and off-road activities
- Technology in the Toes: A Toe Protect reinforced toe tip on these New Balance running shoes helps protect your feet from rocks, roots and debris as you head down the road less traveled
- Versatile Style: Wherever the trail takes you, these lightweight running shoes will get you there in style. They feature synthetic and textile uppers with no-sew construction for a sleek fit and feel
Pros & Cons of New Balance Vongo v4
Equipped with a dynamic support midsole and a Crash pad at the bottom of the heel that is a decoupled, gender-specific unit that reduces impact shock and corrects overpronation, the Nike Structure will offer just the right amount of support for each stride.
The upper is built with an Engineered Mesh that provides targeted ventilation and support.
This is complemented with Dynamic Flywire that is flattened out and widened, along the medial side and half the lateral side, which provides superior lockdown and unmatched fit while reducing the shoe’s overall weight.
The upper is rounded out with an Inner mesh bootie that gives a soft, sock-like fit with notches on the side of the tongue for easy on and off.
For extra support, Nike implements an Internal heel counter, which wraps around the achilles, providing a secure fit.
- Flywire cables secure the top of your foot
- Engineered mesh for targeted ventilation and support.
- Dynamic Support provides a smooth, stable transition.
- Partial sleeve wraps the foot for a snug, comfortable fit.
- Zoom Air unit in the forefoot delivers responsive cushioning.
Pros & Cons of Nike Structure 22
Saucony has been making reliable running shoes for a long time now, and they do not disappoint with their newest interaction of the brand’s most popular support shoe.
With the new and improved midsole foam called PWRRUN+, the Guide 13 offers a full-length responsive cushioning compound that provides a springy and responsive underfoot feel.
Paired with a TPU Guidance Frame, the shoe provides medial stability that quietly guides the foot to prevent over-pronation.
- New PWRRUN cushioning provides just-right softness that's responsive enough to tackle as many miles as you wish
- The new medial TPU guidance frame quickly and quietly guides each foot through its natural gait cycle for the smoothest feel yet
- FORMFIT surrounds the foot with a made-for-me feel that can accommodate a wide range of foot shapes comfortably
- Shoe Category: Stability
- Offset: 8mm (32.5/24.5)
Pros & Cons of Saucony Guide 13
At the end of the day, if you need running shoes similar to Brooks Adrenaline GTS, you want one that offers acceptable medial support and cushioning. The HOKA One One Arahi 4 and Asics Gel Kayano 27 both have a strong mix of support and cushioning.
The construction of the upper can definitely have an impact on the lockdown and breathability of each shoe, so make sure to check how your feet would feel in any of these options before dedicating to making the switch.
Seeking out sales on these other options could be a good idea, as there should be some exceptional price drops on some of these models in-store and online.
If medial support for overpronation is something that you need in a shoe, make sure the shoe model you select will offer adequate support and cushioning to fit your needs.
Last update on 2020-09-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API