ProForm 9000 vs ProForm 5000 - A detailed Comparison
There are very few differences between the ProForm 9000 and ProForm 5000, so you may be wondering which machine is better for you.
In this review, we will highlight the features they have in common, and then go over the differences between them.
ProForm 9000 vs ProForm 5000 - Comparison Table
Both the ProForm 9000 and ProForm 5000 have the huge range of -3%-15% single touch decline and incline options and one-touch, power-controlled speeds of up to 12 MPH.
They are both iFit enabled, meaning you can engage with personal trainers, an online community, and programmed video workouts directly from your treadmill
Although it may be obvious, it is worth noting that when you use the programmed workouts or the iFit training options, the ramp features are automated so the incline, decline, and speed of your workout change to meet speed, distance, calorie or intensity goals you, your chosen streamed workout, or your personal trainer have set.
- 4.25 chp Mach Z commercial plus Motor, iFit enabled, 10 inch Full color touchscreen, 38 workout apps, iPod compatible audio
- 15 percent incline, -3 percent decline, 22 x 60 inches tread belt, 0 to 12 MPH Quick Speed control, EKG heart rate monitor with wireless chest strap
- Material: steel; Dual Coolaire workout fans, 300 lb Weight capacity, proshox cushioning
- 2.5 inch balanced rollers, integrated tablet holder, integrated cross fit Tray, Space Saver design with easy lift assist
- Lifetime frame & Motor Warranty, 5 year parts Warranty, and 2 year labor Warranty
The ProForm 9000 and the ProForm 5000 feature 22” x 60” belts with ProShox cushioning to help reduce shock and absorb impact. (You can read more about the ProForm 9000 in this review.
The ProForm 9000 treadmill has an impressive 4.0 CHP Mach Z Commercial Pro motor, while the ProForm 5000 has a 3.75 CHP Mach Z Commercial Pro motor.
These motors ensure that your machine can keep up with your long runs, interval training, and any heavy use.
A larger motor size can mean reduced noise and a smoother run, so you may benefit from the larger motor of the ProForm 9000 if you are planning to engage in serious speed, incline, or interval training.
The maximum user weight for both machines is 300 pounds.
- Adjustable tablet holder, iFit enabled, EKG with wireless chest strap, 4.0 chp Mach Z commercial Pro Motor
- 15% incline, -3% decline, proshox cushioning, 34 workout apps, 22" x 60" tread belt, 0-12 MPH Quick Speed control
- 7 inch Full-color touchscreen, Space Saver design with easy lift assist, iPod compatible audio, EKG heart rate monitor with wireless chest strap
- Dual Coola ire workout fans, integrated tablet holder, 2.5 inch balanced rollers, integrated accessory Tray, 300 lb. Weight capacity
- Once you create your raving workout playlist, just plug your iPod or MP3 player into our built-in sound system. Built with dual 3-inch speakers, you can turn up the tunes and turn up the tempo
This ProForm 9000 Treadmill has a built-in 10” Smart HD Touchscreen Display that will show your speed, time, distance, calories burned, heart rate and incline/decline stats. This screen size and features make it a top choice for treadmills with TVs.
The ProForm 5000 built-in 7” display has the same features as the ProForm 9000. If you subscribe to iFit, you can engage with certified personal trainers, programmed workout routines, and daily challenges.
Some of the programmed workouts include runs through historic locations, beautiful destinations, and exotic places. When you use this feature, the screen will display your surroundings vividly so you can explore the world from the comfort of your home.
Standard treadmill features include two cup holders, an auxiliary port, two 3” speakers, a tablet holder, and handlebar heart rate monitor.
This machine also comes with a wireless chest heart rate monitor, which will more accurately and consistently measure your heart rate than the EKG pulse grips on the handlebars.
The ProForm 9000 has dual CoolAire workout fans, whereas the ProForm 5000 has only one CoolAire workout fan.
Conclusion: ProForm 9000 vs ProForm 5000:
Both the ProForm 9000 and ProForm 5000 treadmills have a lifetime frame and motor warranty that is backed by a 5-year parts warranty and 2-year labor warranty.
The primary difference between the ProForm 9000 and ProForm 5000 is the size of the Smart HD Touchscreen Display on each machine. The ProForm 9000 display is 10” while the ProForm 5000 has a 7” display.
Other minor differences include the .25 CHP difference in their motor sizes, and the second CoolAire workout fan. In these instances, the ProForm 9000 has the bigger, more impressive stats.
Only you can decide if the price difference is justified by these minor differences in display, motor, and fan size. We would highly recommend either machine, because they are both powerfully impressive in every way.
Especially for people who are most excited about engaging in the iFit community, these machines are an ideal fit because they have the built-in displays that will allow you to make the most of your iFit experience.
Last update on 2019-12-13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API