The 5 Best Cheap Electric Treadmills under $200
The Best Value for the Money List [2019 Edition]
Many runners love and use treadmills, but that doesn’t mean they are affordable.
As these exercise machines grow more advanced and technical, prices go up.
With this in mind, it’s important to identify some quality, inexpensive options for the runner on a budget.
These would be the best 5 cheap electric treadmills under $200.
We break them down into categories: Best Value, Most Bells & Whistles, Very Basic & Best Overall.
4 Best Cheap Electric Treadmills under 200 dollars.
1. Fitnessclub Folding Manual Treadmill
The Very Basic Treadmill.
This is the least expensive treadmill most people can find, costing right around $100 and weighing in at 35 lbs.
The full product dimensions are roughly 14.6 x 21 x 45 in. and the machine is capable of holding a maximum of 33 lbs.
There is a basic safety key and an LED display that shows important information like calories burned, track speed, and time spent walking or running.
- MULTI-FUNCTION-- With a LED Display Screen Track your time, speed, distance traveled and calories burned to help you keep tabs on progress.
- ENERGY SAVING--Requires no Monitor or electricity, Enjoy the convenience of walking/running on a compact Green Technology Treadmill, without the worry of noisy motors.
- ADJUSTABLE INTENSITY --Adjust workout intensity by choosing 2 different incline positions, Climbing Mode/Mountaineering Mode.
- LIGHTWEIGHT/SPACE SAVING--Lightweight and can be folded upright. The Space Saver design for easy storage to 14.6" x 21" x45" folded footprint.,tested up to 330lbs of user weight
- ENVIRONMENT FRIENDLY--Portable/Flodable design, this fitness machion features dual-weighted flywheels for smooth workouts, No electric outlet needed and no motor to maintain so it can be used anywhere.
The Fitnessclub treadmill includes flywheels for easy movement and maneuverability.
The product does not require any electricity and doesn’t have a motor.
Instead, the belt is propelled by the user’s natural movement.
The treadmill does fold, is height adjustable, and the ramp can be shifted into a climbing position. The belt does take some effort to move.
In general, this is a great treadmill for somebody who doesn’t want any frills, doesn’t want to waste any electricity, and instead focuses on getting an inexpensive, quick workout.
2. Best Choice Products Folding Treadmill
This treadmill, made by Best Choice products, is another manual folding treadmill designed to be propelled by the body’s natural movement.
It runs without an electric outlet or a motor.
- AUTOMATIC/MANUAL SPEED SETTINGS: Conveniently switch between preset speeds of 0.5, 2, 4, 5.5, and 7.5 mph, or adjust via -/+ push buttons for more options
- 3 PRE-SET WORKOUTS: Choose between Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced modes to get the perfect workout for the level at which you're most comfortable
- DIGITAL DISPLAY: Track distance, speed, time, and calorie counts on the screen, while the handles have speed settings, start/stop buttons, and heart rate sensors
- PORTABLE DESIGN: Easily folds down, and built-in wheels make it even easier to roll it from one room to another so you can get a workout in anywhere around the house
- EXERCISE CONVENIENTLY: The control console is designed with 2 water bottle holders and a media shelf for tablets, books, remotes, and phones; OVERALL DIMENSIONS: 48"(L) x 24"(W) x 48"(H); Weight Capacity: 250 lbs.
It weighs around 44 lbs. and possesses full product dimensions of 44 x 22.5 x 45 in.
There is an LCD monitor which displays important information like calories burned, speed of movement, and the duration of the workout.
The screen does require two AA batteries to function.
The treadmill can hold a person who weighs a maximum of 250 lbs.
There are wheels so the treadmill can be moved around a room.
In general, it is comfortable and simple to use without breaking the bank, making it a popular option.
3. Confidence Fitness Power Plus Electric Treadmill
Most Bells & Whistles:
The Confidence Fitness Power Plus Electric Treadmill just barely makes the price limit, coming it at $200 exactly.
This device comes in black or white, has a multi-function LED display where users can log their runs and record information like calories burned, and folds like almost every other electric treadmill in this price range.
- FOLDING FRAME - Easily folds up and away for easy storage
- POWERFUL MOTOR - Provides drive for users up to 250lbs
- LCD DISPLAY - Easy to read display so you can keep your workout on track
- Full product size : 49" x 24" x 11", Runway size : 39.5" x 14"
The Confidence Fitness treadmill holds users that weigh up to 250 lbs. and has a belt that measures 38.5" x 14" in.
The entire machine weighs roughly 53 lbs. and includes wheels. Like most treadmills, there is a safety key so the runner can stop the device when in danger or uncomfortable.
There are no cup holders and no place for a cellphone or another device.
In general, it is a small treadmill but is capable of holding more weight than other variations in the same price range.
The Confidence Power Plus treadmill has many things going for it – price and portability are at the top of the list. What it lacks in fancy features, it makes up for in its basic, dependable design that makes fitness accessible to nearly everyone.
4. Goplus Folding Electric Treadmill
The final electric treadmill is another folding model made by Goplus.
This machine includes most standard features like LED lights, handrails, and a safety key.
There are wheels so the treadmill can be moved around as needed, and the folding allows for easy storage.
- Heavy-duty Construction -- Frame is made of high quality steel, has 220Lbs weight capacity, 38.2"L x14"W ruuning belt provides you more comfortable and more sturdy workout experience.
- Space Save Design & IPAD/Mobile Phone Holder -- Goplus treadmill can be easy folded, with wheels it is easy for moving and storage.Put your mobile phone or Ipad on the holder,you can talk with your friends or watch movies when you work out on this treadmill.
- Safety Guaranteed Design -- Safety Key connect you and the machine, emergency stop button on the handrail, which double protect you while working out.
- Multi-function LED Display & Handrails -- LED Mode: Heart rate, scan, speed, distance, time and calories. Handrails have speed +/-, start/stop and heart rate test functions.
- Three Years Warranty -- We offer you 100% risk-free satisfaction guarantee to let you buy with confidence. We are quite sure that you will be super-impressed with DURABILITY, PORTABILITY and HIGH QUALITY of our treadmill.
The belt is a tad narrow, measuring at 39" x 14" in. It’s comfortable and capable to hold up to 220 lbs. without damage.
There are cup holders and a spot for cellphones to sit without being damaged.
The product comes with a warranty and even comes in numerous colors such as bright pink.
The Goplus Folding Electric Treadmill can be plugged in to most standard outlets and works best for smaller, lighter runners who would like a treadmill for a light to medium exercise routine.
Conclusion: Best Cheap Electric Treadmills under $200
When seeking a treadmill under $200, I've found that there are a couple of different options.
Runners can choose between a manual or electric machine and can choose either an extremely simple option or one that has a few added comforts like padded handles, cup holders, and even a motor.
Treadmill History Lesson:
It's important when talking about treadmills to share the history of them so that when you are comparing them you have a foundational knowledge of how they got to the point we are right now and what makes them different.
Treadmills have a strange and complex history.
Their original purpose wasn’t actually as exercise machines, but as methods to utilize human energy and punish individuals by making them walk for hours on end for the benefit of someone else.
It all started in the late 18th and early 19th centuries, which were exceptionally difficult times to be alive.
This wheel would crush grain to make flour or push water, which could be harnessed for energy.
The tread wheel became popular and quickly spread to the prisons of the United States.
The prisoners suffered frequent injuries from their poor diets and constant exercise – imagine a starving individual being forced to use a stair climber for 8-10 hours a day!
Eventually, though, the wheel faded out of use by the end of the 19th century, when it was deemed too cruel to be used.
But the story of the treadmill did not end there. In the 1960s, Medibank mentions that a physician started to study the tread wheel and developed the prototype of the first treadmill, designed to improve aerobic health.
He made a model, slapped a patent on it, and the first treadmill for exercise was born.
Nowadays, treadmills are consistent features in gyms.
They are, in essence, a moving belt that athletes can run and walk on to simulate normal aerobic exercises without having to move anywhere. Most individuals use them to run inside when the weather outside is too poor.
What Are the Benefits of a Treadmill?
Considering their popularity, it shouldn’t come as a surprise that treadmills possess a lot of benefits for the average runner. In general, they can improve cardiovascular health, muscle strength, stamina, and the runner’s ability to withstand the force of an impact with the ground.
However, runners should be careful.
Sometimes, the impact of the treadmill can be too much and the athlete can damage their shins and knees.
It’s also possible to hurt the muscles in the back when running with bad form, so it’s important that treadmill users make sure they sprinkle in stretching, outdoor running, and other exercises to stay in shape.
Last update on 2019-11-12 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API