If you know that you need a running shoe, but you donât know which type, we have the right article for you! We are comparing Brooks Ravenna vs Ghost, which are among the most popular running shoes designed by this manufacturer.
Take a look at the detailed reviews of both, and choose a model that perfectly suits you!
What is the Difference Between Brooks Ravenna and Ghost Series?âââââ
The similarities are obvious â Ravenna and Ghost are both running shoes designed by the same manufacturer.
Brooks is a reputable company that has been on the market for years. They have designed dozens of different running shoe models.
The two series we are comparing have had at least ten editions both.
The main difference is in the shoe type. Although both are running shoes, Ghost features neutral cushioning, and Ravenna aims for stability.
Why is that important?
Well, you want optimal fit and comfort, and that is why you should choose a suitable shoe type.
If your feet tend to roll inward while running, that is called overpronation. In that case, you need stability shoes, which means you should choose Ravenna.
On the other hand, neutral shoes like those in the Ghost series are quire versatile. They primarily target users that have a neutral gait.
Brooks Ghost and Ravenna both seem very breathable as they include mesh fabric in the upper layer. That enables your feet to breathe, and it is what keeps them dry in extreme weather conditions.
That being said, some models may be better in managing moisture than others.
When it comes to design, Ravenna features creative and colorful combinations that might make you stand out from the crowd easily.
If you get your confidence from your appearance, these shoes can be a great choice. The Ghost series also has several models with intriguing designs that might git your style.
Advantages of Both Running Shoes
If you think that running shoes are an expensive and unnecessary investment, you may need to rethink that.
Take a look at the list of advantages you will get if you go to your next running session in specialized shoes.
We bet running shoes now seem like a smart investment. Take a look at our reviews below to choose the pair that suits you the most.
To be candid, I am HUGE fan of Brooks shoes. I detail why I switch from Asics to Brooks in this article. With that being said, here is complete comparison
Brooks Ravenna vs Ghost Running Shoes: Reviews
âBrooks Ravenna 10
The Ravenna series is familiar for its colorful designs. You can choose between five options that all combine three colors, including the mandatory white bottom part.
Although that makes it look sleek, it may be tricky to keep the bottom section clean.
Ambitious runners will love the unique cushioning technology that keeps you feel energized throughout the entire session.
Brooks Running describes cushioning as springy, and it aims to give you an extra lift while maintaining speed and support. Head over to the BrooksRunning site to learn even more about it.
The holistic support system follows your natural foot movement, but it also minimizes the risk of knee injury by preventing excess motions.
Brooks Ravenna is a light and comfortable suitable for all surfaces, including tracks, roads, and treadmills.
You can also use it for long-distance running, but keep in mind that the shoes are a bit narrow, which might not make them suitable for all runners.
- SHOE SIZE: "D" = Medium width
- THIS SHOE IS FOR: This is the sister shoe to the Launch, so it works as a great long-distance racing or training shoe for efficient runners with added support to help non-neutral runners.
- ENERGIZED FEEL: Delivers a responsive and springy ride to add extra lift to your stride without compromising support or speed.
âBrooks Ghost 12
The latest in the Ghost series provide neutral support with an energizing cushioning system.
Thanks to that, the shoes are perfect to use for running on road surfaces and suitable to take them to work as long as you match it with the rest of your clothing.
Brooks uses the 3D print technology for years now, and it has applied it once again to create synthetic overlays over the upper mesh part of the shoe.
Thanks to that, Ghost 12 features a high level of flexibility while maintaining a secure fit and optimal breathability.
The manufacturer secured a foam insole, which is removable in case you donât feel it is a good fit for you.
The Crash Pad features enable the shoe to handle high impacts, which makes it suitable for heavyweight runners, too.
The rubber forefoot promotes optimal grip, and the shoe itself is very light as it weighs only 10 ounces per item.
- THIS SHOE IS FOR: Neutral runners looking for a lightweight shoe and a smooth ride without sacrificing cushioning. Whether youâre a Ghost loyalist or are lacing one up for the first time, youâll find plenty to like.
- SUPPORT AND CUSHION: The neutral support type provides high energizing cushioning. Ideal for road running, cross training, the gym or wherever you might want to take them! Predecessor: Ghost 11
- BALANCED, SOFT CUSHIONING: BioMoGo DNA and DNA LOFT cushioning work together to provide a just-right softness underfoot without losing responsiveness and durability - yet it feels lighter than ever.
âBrooks Ghost 1â1
It may not be the newest in the series, but Brooks Ghost 11 is still very popular among the users. Each shoe weighs 11 ounces, and it is a great choice if you need support for a medium to high arch.
The comfort seems impressive, thanks to the foam insole that is removable and soft fabric lining.
The engineered mesh helps your feet to breathe and minimizes sweating. Cushioning is also at a high level, and the shoes are capable of handling high impacts.
You can easily put them on and take them off thanks to the lace-up closure, which also ensures a secure fit during long training sessions.
Although the overall construction is durable, and the company used premium components, it seems that the sidewalls could have been of better quality.
That may affect overall longevity, but you should still be able to get a lot from these shoes.
- SHOE SIZE: "D" = Medium width, "EE" = Wide width
- FOOT SUPPORT: Ideal for runners with a medium to high arch looking for neutral support.
- BALANCED, SOFT CUSHIONING: BioMoGo DNA and DNA LOFT cushioning work together to provide a just-right softness underfoot without losing responsiveness and durabilityâyet it feels lighter than ever.
âââBrooks Ravenna 9
Ravenna 9 belongs to the shoes that are a great choice if you are looking for an overpronation model.
The lightweight cushioning and mesh fabric secure a high level of breathability. Thanks to that, your feet should remain dry even during the warm weather.
You can also find all the other features that made this series famous. The midsole is eco-friendly, and the crash pad and HPR rubber on the outsole ensure smooth transitions to follow the natural foot movement.
Finally, the shoe is very flexible. While that can be convenient, those looking for extra support may consider it too flexible.
On the plus side, you can adjust the fit by picking the ideal position of the saddle pulls.
- Surface: Road. Differential: 10 mm. Air mesh fabric upper provides optimal breathability and moisture management. Adjustable synthetic saddle pulls from the heel to wrap the foot for a secure fit. Lace-up closure. Plush tongue and collar. Wraparound heel collar and padded interior for optimal comfort. Soft Element fabric lining offers a great in-shoe feel. Removable profile sockliner. BioMoGo DNA midsole supplies long-lasting cushioning, and features an environmentally-friendly build that b
- Keep going mile after mile with the energized rush and responsiveness of the BrooksÂ® Ravenna 9 running shoe!
- Predecessor: Ravenna 8.
ââââBrooks Ghost 11 GTX
GTX is a variation to the classic Ghost 11, and the most important difference lies in the amazing water resistance that this shoe provides.
Whether it is raining outside or the conditions are dry, you can enjoy running in reliable shoes.
The product offers energizing cushioning that works great on road surfaces. The construction is similar to the standard model, with the difference being the waterproof membrane.
The shoes are suitable for users with medium to high arch, and they offer an amazing level of comfort. A light grip is secured thanks to the rubber forefoot, and the shoes are capable of accommodating high-impact landings.
It may seem weird, but the laces seem a bit short, especially when compared to the other models.
Additionally, you canât choose between as many color combinations as in the standard series.
- Omega Flex Grooves optimize flexibility
- BioMoGo DNA midsole cushioning dynamically adapts to every step and stride
- The newly engineered mesh upper practically disappears on foot, with strategically placed stretch and structure where you need it
Now that we have come to the end of our review, it is time to see who wins the Brooks Ravenna vs Ghost comparison. At this point, it seems that Ravenna 10 is the shoe that stands out from the crowd. If you are interested in checking out more info on the other lines of Brooks shoes and how they compare to the Ghost, you read this comparison with the Adrenaline and the Gylcerin comparison.
It is not only about the beautiful aesthetics and colorful design, but also about performance. The shoes are very versatile, and you can use them both indoors and outdoors.
Wherever you are, the holistic support system will follow your natural motions and prevent excessive movement. Thanks to that, the shoes minimize the risk of a knee injury.
If necessary, go ahead and read detailed reviews of both products above. That way, you will be confident in the decision you make in the end.
Last update on 2020-07-10 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API