Brooks Ghost 10 vs. Brooks Glycerin 15: What are the Main Differences?
When it comes to plush, cushioned, and durable running shoes, Brooks wins.
With a winning brand like Brooks, it can be hard to decide between their two most popular styles – the Ghost 10 vs. the Glycerin 15.
What to Look For:
It’s no secret that selecting the correct pair of running shoes for your specific needs is a crucial factor in preventing injuries, increasing comfort, and elevating performance.
For tips on choosing the athletic shoes that are best for you, visit this WebMd Article. If you’ve already narrowed your choices to Brooks shoes, read on to find out about the main differences between the Brooks Ghost 10 vs. the Brooks Glycerin 15.
We break down the entire line of Glycerin and Ghost shoes in this article.
Brooks Glycerin 15 Review
The Glycerin 15 boasts several new features over its predecessor, the Glycerin 14. Despite its lighter weight, the Glycerin 15 has improved flexibility and fit.
The midsole design has been updated to give the show a softer feel.
The plush transition zone is specially designed to maximize comfort across your entire foot, reducing impact across your entire body.
As usual, it features breathable mesh that increases air circulation around your feet – goodbye smelly toes – and makes room for natural swelling that happens when we run
- Give your feet the boost they need during short or long runs with the Brooks Glycerin 15. With its cushioned footbed and steady ride, you can go from mile marker 1-13 in comfort every step of the way. Take each mile in stride with Brooks Running!
- Predecessor: Glycerin 14.
- Support Type: Neutral.
- Cushioning: Maximum cushioning.
- Surface: Road. Differential: 10 mm Air mesh with 4-way stretch offers optimal breathability during runs. 3D printed overlay has a strategic stretch and structure for a secure fit. Centralized lace-up closure delivers a secure, adjustable fit. Padded tongue and collar provides comfort against foot. Smooth fabric lining creates a great wear inside of shoe. Fixed S-257 Cushole insole keeps feet in place. Full-length Segmented Crash Pad in conjunction with the Plush Transition Zone boasts smooth h
Brooks Ghost 10 Review
The Ghost 10 has a lighter weight than previous versions of the shoe.
The improved transition zone offers a plush experience, allowing you to evenly distribute your weight, from heel to toe, during your entire run.
- Get lost in your thoughts with a smooth and well-cushioned ride in the Brooks Ghost 10.
- Predecessor: Ghost 9.
- Support Type: Neutral.
- Cushioning: High energizing cushioning.
- Surface: Road. Differential: 12mm. Offers medium to high arch support. The Black/Turquoise/Purple color style is in collaboration with the 2018 Special Olympics. Engineered mesh upper provides breathability and needed stretch. Lightweight synthetic overlays. Traditional lace-up closure. Plush tongue and collar. Soft fabric lining for a great in-shoe feel. Removable foam insole. BioMoGo DNA is a blend of earth-friendly BioMoGo and responsive Brooks DNA, and has a gender-friendly cushioning desig
With new 3D Fit Print overlays that provide structural support to the breathable mesh, you don’t need to choose between ventilation and durability.
This shoe was even won Editor’s Choice at Runner’s World.
Brooks Glycerin 15 vs Brooks Ghost 10 : Comparison
Now that you know both shoes are awesome, how do you decide if you should take home the Brooks Glycerin 15 or the Brooks Ghost 10?
Let’s focus on the things that make these shoes different from one another.
Looking at the stats above, you’re probably tempted to focus on those minor differences. The weight difference between the Glycerin 15 vs. Ghost 10 is nominal at only .2 ounces.
You know what else weighs .2 ounces?
A quarter, or a standard sheet of printing paper. It seems unlikely that such a small weight difference is going to give either shoe a significant advantage over the other.
Same deal with the midsole drop – a difference of 2mm is unlikely to be a deal breaker in either case.
Digging in a little further, we find that the Brooks Ghost 10 midsole utilizes BioMoGo cushioning technology, which is considered firmer and more stable than the Super DNA Midsole that the Brooks Glycerin 15 has.
Although both shoes are ideal for those with neutral pronation, the added stability of the Brooks Ghost 10 is definitely a plus for those who require a more supportive sole.
The Super DNA Midsole in the Brooks Glycerin 15 has 25% more cushioning than other Brooks shoes, which make it more ideal for longer race distances.
A major difference between the Glycerin 15 vs. Ghost 10 is the crash pad and transition zone.
Both shoes are said to have smooth transition from heel to toe. The Segmented Crash Pad of the Ghost 10 ensures that your foot will be comfortable with every step, adapting to every foot fall.
The IDEAL Pressure Zones in the Glycerin 15 shift impact away from your body, which means you get a smooth landing and follow through on every stride.
So on to the least important factor when it comes to picking a good shoe: price. The Brooks Ghost 10 retails less than the Glycerin 15.
We aren’t saying that the amount is negligible, and totally understand the need to budget our running expenses. We know races and clubs and gear can add up quickly.
The fact of the matter is your shoes are a key factor in preserving your joints, soft tissues, and body.
Running is fantastic in so many ways, and buying the best pair of shoes for your specific running style and body needs is just another way to ensure you’ll be able to keep running for years to come.
Only you can decide which features are a priority for your running shoes. Many runners agree that you can’t go wrong with either of these shoes.
When it comes to deciding if you want the Brooks Ghost 10 or Brooks Glycerin 15, you can be certain that in either case, you’ll be in a shoe that is tried, true, and well-respected in the running community.
Last update on 2019-03-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API