Compact, yet capable treadmills are a perfect fit for apartments that have a premium on extra space. These small treadmills sit quietly in the corner until youâre ready to use it in the morning or after an exhausting day at work. Below, youâll get to see the four best treadmills for apartments for 2019.
These machines can definitely get you into shape while leaving only a small footprint.
If you would rather skip the reading, below I break each one of them down by durability and quality.
One recommendation that I would like to point out before you read on is to make sure you pick up a treadmill mat.
They can help reduce noice and some are designed for hardwoods, carpets, etc. I segmented them by flooring type in this article.
Here are our four favorite treadmills for apartments plus an honorable mention.
The 5 Best Treadmills for Apartments
Our Top Choice:
The 5 Best Apartment Treadmills [2020 Edition]
1. Weslo Cadence G5.9
For the full review of the Weslo Cadence G 5.9, view it here.
The first thing youâll notice as you check out the Weslo Cadence 5.9 is the price, it is the most affordable AND the highest reviewed treadmill on the market today.
The size of the treadmill is perfect for an apartment and the space saver design helps you store it when you are not using it. For an even deeper review of the 5.9 and comparison to it's little brother the 5.2, you can check out this article.
- Please Note: Welso is the only manufacturer and Amazon is the only authorized seller for this product on this marketplace; We do not gaurantee quality, authenticity, or size if purchased from other sellers
- Low Price
- A wide track allows for versatile walks, sprints and runs
- Has the 6 workout programs
- 10mph max pace - if you not a fast runner this is perfect
- Not a lot of bells and whistles. This is a very basic but effective treadmill.
2. NordicTrack Commercial 1650
The 1650 is one of the best treadmills to come from NordicTrack.
Thereâs a reason why it is one of the highest-rated on apartment-type treadmill equipment- the NordicTrack 1650 comes with a built-in ï»¿iFitï»¿ technology and a web browser packed in a high-definition touchscreen.
The industry specs are nothing to sneeze at either.
The Commercial 1650 has the bells and whistles to make walking, sprinting or running in place a wonderful experience.
The machine can support a wide variety of users, thanks to its wide dimensions, a hefty 3.8 CHP motor, an excellent running surface and a sturdy frame.
Open the electronic interface and access any of the 38 workout-related apps for an optimized fitness experience.
- Interactive Personal Training at Home powered by iFit; gain access to on demand, interactive trainer led global and studio workout programs; membership required, sold separately
- 10 inches HD Interactive Touchscreen Display can stream personalized iFit workouts (membership required, sold separately) directly to your treadmill; track your speed, calorie burn, and other important stats
- 12 percent OneTouch incline control, 12 MPH SMART OneTouch speed control; spacious 20 x 60 inches tread belt
- A powerful 3.5 CHP* DurX Smart Response Motor features reduced motor noise and self cooling technology; perfect for running, jogging, and walking in the comfort of your home
- Innovative SpaceSaver design with EasyLift Assist means your treadmill can fold up after your run for compact, simple storage
Open the presets for heart rate control, calorie burn, speed training and interval training if you want to get a challenge while getting fit. You can also get more apps via the iFit app from the web.
The 7â³ touchscreen is responsive enough to allow easy programming and simulate outdoor training quite well.
Rounding out the specs are built-in 3â³ speakers connected to iPod docks, Polar T34 chest strap, a platform for putting your smartphone or tablet, and a WhisperQuiet technology that ensures each step falls with minimal sound.
- SpaceSaver design. Comes with wheels and is foldable.
- Incline and decline angles from -3% to +15%.
- Patented Whisper Quiet technology.
- 7-inch high definition tablet with a speedy web browser.
- Large running dimensions with a strong 3.8 CHP motor.
- 38 workout apps included. Use the iFit app for unlimited workout programs.
- Has 3-inch speakers with an iPod compatible dock.
- Foldable feature is hampered by a hefty 315-pound weight.
3. Sunny Health & Fitness Treadmill
If you would like to read the full, comprehensive review of the Sunny Health & Fitness treadmill you can find it here.
So youâre serious about your training goals, but your apartment is cramping your treadmill space?
When it comes to saving space, this Sunny Health & Fitness Treadmill is perfect for apartment dwellers.
The folding mechanism on this treadmill is easy with hydraulic supports that help you unfold the treadmill safely.
With a smaller 48.82â x 15.75â tread belt, this treadmill is only 62â x 27â when unfolded. When youâve folded it, its footprint shrinks to only 36â x 26â for ease of storage.
The Sunny Health & Fitness has some basic features and for the price it's totally worth it. If you are looking for a quality machine that is slightly more expensive but offers the next level, the NordicTrack T6.5S is a good fit for you. I compare the two side-by-side here.
It even has transportation wheels so you can easily tuck it away when youâre done training. During your workouts, you can count on the shock absorption deck to reduce noise and impact.
- 2.20 peak HP drive system provides speeds of 0. 5 - 9 MPH along with 3 manual options for adjusting incline levels (0%, 2%, 4. 37%)
- Designed for a max user weight of 220 lbs. with 49L x 15. 5W inches of running surface
- Easy folding mechanism and soft drop system helps you unfold your treadmill safely and hands free
- Handrail controls allow you to control speed, start and stop. Pause function - Press the stop button once to stop the belt and pause your run while keeping your current data and running stats intact
- 9 Built-in workout programs with large LCD displays time, distance, speed, calories burned and pulse. Convenient smart phone/tablet holder is included to fit different devices
You donât need to sacrifice training options because of the smaller size of this machine.
There is an easy-to-read LCD display that will measure your time, distance, calories and pulse with 9 different programs to choose from, including manual mode.
You can reach speeds of up to 9 MPH. There are three manual incline options at 0%, 2% or 4.37% to help you maximize the intensity of your workout.
Featuring convenient handrail controls and pulse grips, youâll be able to adjust your workout easily. The control panel is basic and user friendly.
There are two cup holders on the machine so you can stay hydrated without interrupting your workout.
The Sunny Healthy & Fitness treadmill and the Weslo Cadence G 5.9 are very similar treadmills. We put together a complete comparison between the two with every feature compared that you can find here.
- Space Saver
- LCD Screen
- 9MPH max
- Very light and portable
- Better than the G5.9 but not a ton of bells and whistles. Super basic.
4. Nordictrack T 6.5S
When it comes to using your treadmill in an apartment, space and sound are two important considerations.
âThe challenge lies in finding a machine that can accommodate small space and low noise without sacrificing functionality.
The Nordictrack T 6.5S has figured it out.
For saving space, this machine has managed to fit a 20â x 55â tread belt onto a machine with unfolded dimensions of 73â x 35.75â and a folded size of about 25â x 36â.
It even features built-in wheels for maneuverability when folded.
âTheEasyLift hydraulic assist folding mechanism ensures your machine will not slam onto the floor when you unfold it for use.
- Your purchase includes: NordicTrack T Series Treadmill 6.5S + 1-month iFit Membership
- Review the instructions regarding your iFit program to redeem your one month iFit membership and activate your equipment for unlimited workout programs and experiences
- Item dimensions (unfolded): 73" L x 36" W x 54" H - User weight capacity: 300 pounds Item dimensions (folded): 38" L x 36" W x 67.5" H. 22" x 55" Tread belt
- Engineering: 2.6 CHP motor, 0-10 MPH speed, 10Â° Incline, Dual CardioGrip Heart rate monitor, One-Touch controls, 1.9" roller.
- Assembly or Inside-home delivery not included. Please coordinate with Amazon or delivery partner to request this additionally. Subject to availability.
If you have neighbors below you, theyâll especially appreciate the FlexSelect Cushioned deck that will help reduce noise. It also reduces impact to your joints to help you prevent injuries.
Other noise-reduction features include the 2.6 continuous horsepower motor that will help you train safer for longer periods of time.
The tread bely is designed to reduce noise and friction with a specialized lubricant that increases performance without compromising the longevity of the belt.
Other impressive features on this machine include the power adjustable incline (up to 10%) and speed (up to 10MPH) to help you customize the workout that is best for your fitness goals.
If you choose, you can engage any of the 20 preset workout programs.
The iFit capabilities of this machine can take your workout even further, featuring access to thousands of workouts and challenges designed by top-notch fitness professionals.
The 5â backlit display measures your speed, time, distance, and calories burned. Using the EKG grip pulse, it will also display your heart rate.
One touch buttons make this control panel user friendly. Other features include two cup holders, an auxiliary port and two 2â speakers.
You can check out the full review of the NordicTrack T 6.5S here.
- Boasts a top speed of 10mph for the hard-core runner.
- A large LCD readout display
- 20 workout apps included. Use the iFit app for unlimited workout programs.
- SpaceSaver technology makes the 6.5S extremely foldable and compact when needed.
- Speakers and cupholder
- Lifetime warranty on motor, deck and frame.
- Access to iFit requires an add-on monitor for $99.
5. âXterra TR150 Treadmill
Our honorable mention!
This budget-friendly machine is perfect for those fitness enthusiasts who donât have a lot of space for their home workout equipment. Fortunately for you, this space-saving treadmill still comes with all the basics youâll be looking for in a treadmill that is perfect for apartment living.
You can check out the more in-depth review of the Xterra TR150 here.
At only 108lbs with a folding deck design, this treadmill covers all your basic needs. The quiet 2.25 HP motor and XTRASoft Cushioned Deck make this 16âx50â running surface ultra-smooth.
- Large 16" X 50" Walking/running surface
- Large 5 inch LCD display is easy to read and keeps you updated on speed, incline, time, distance, calories, and pulse
- Speed range 0. 5 -10 MPH allows for users of all fitness levels.Pull the knob to release the deck to fold or unfold
- 12 preset programs offer unmatched variety for your workouts
- 3 Manual incline settings allow for maximum variety. Side rails: plastic. Belt: 1 ply, 1. 4mm
There are 12 preset programs, a manual program, and 3 manual incline options that bring variety to your training routine. The smaller design keeps your apartment tidy. The quiet motor keeps your neighbors happy. The other features keep you happy. Talk about a win-win-win!
The large 5â LCD display tells you your speed, incline, time, distance, calories, and pulse (measured on the handlebars) make sure that you are hitting your goals for every workout. Maxing out at 10mph, this machine boasts quick access speed buttons that allow you to adjust your pace throughout your run.
For the multi-taskers who enjoy an at-home walk, jog, or run, youâll be pleased with the integrated media shelf and accessory holder that will hold your tablet, book, mp3 player, water bottle, and other workout necessities.
As you can see, this machine is perfect for someone who wants a basic, entry-level treadmill to accomplish their fitness goals without taking up an enormous amount of space.
Factors to consider when choosing the right treadmill
- ï»¿ï»¿ï»¿Space. How much space do you have at home? This is an important element to consider, especially if youâre living in a condo, apartment or similar living conditions. Technology is such that there are now folding treadmills that can be tucked away under your bed or in a corner when youâre not using them. The frames are made of lightweight materials so anyone can assemble or fold them.ï»¿ï»¿ï»¿
- ï»¿ï»¿Portability. Itâs not uncommon to see treadmills that are optimized for portability. This means your treadmill can be moved from one room to another, or even to another house with little to no trouble at all.
- Most models have rollers, or wheels that can be used for an easier way to move them around the house.
- ï»¿Features. Modern treadmills for apartments now come with pre-programmed workouts and features that you might find extra useful.
- Do you want to get the benefits of a cardio exercise without distracting thoughts or having to memorize your route? These types of treadmills take up little space and are light enough to provide a few notable elements. Tech-savvy people and those who want to improve their exercises in any way possible should place features somewhere on the top when shopping for treadmills.
- You can find machines that have built-in heart rate monitors and offer customized goals for extra motivation. Some may even have a platform or an interface you can attach your smartphone or tablet to.ï»¿
- ï»¿ï»¿Operation. If noise is a big factor for you, then choose a treadmill that produces little to no noise as you use them. This aspect is especially important if you want to have a quick workout without disturbing or waking up the rest of your family or friends.ï»¿ï»¿
- ï»¿Budget. How much are you willing to spend on a treadmill? Compact treadmills come with attractive price tags and are great for first-time walkers and runners. As long as the functions of the treadmill serve you in making you sweat and keep you healthy, then they are indeed a fantastic bargain.ï»¿
With vast useful features packed in space-efficient treadmills and its great potential towards improving your health, this machine is worth a try.
Next to finding the best treadmill that perfectly fits your apartment and preferences is learning of the right ways to use it for optimal results towards attaining your fitness goals.
Last update on 2020-07-10 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API