When shopping for a reliable treadmill, tall people will soon realize how frustrating it can be to find a machine that's large enough to accommodate their longer-than-average strides.
This is why we decided to put together a list of the 5 best treadmills for a tall person.
Be fore we get started, we highly recommend picking up a mat for your treadmill. It protects your floor and keeps it in top shape (with no treadmill indentions).
Let's not waste any time and hop in!
Kicking off our list with a widely popular brand, the Nordic Track Commercial Series 2950 Treadmill is an excellent choice for tall runners looking to have a holistic workout, with a high weight capacity of up to 300 pounds.
The tread belt measures at 22 inches × 66 inches, so you can rest assured it's capable of accommodating your height.
Besides using this unit for conventional running or jogging, you can also reap its benefits in incline training, cross-training, interval training, and many more.
It's like owning a complete gym solution right in the comfort of your own home.
Moreover, the 2950 Treadmill package includes a 1-year iFit subscription, which grants you on-demand workout sessions led by an instructor.
Here, the treadmill will automatically adjust its settings to the instructions without causing you any hassle.
The Nordic Track Commercial Treadmill also comes with a 22 inch smart HD touchscreen for live monitoring of your heart rate, elevation, intensity, and other stats.
The machine is backed up by a lifetime frame and motor warranty, as well as a 5-year warranty on parts and electronics.
- Bring Home Interactive Personal Training powered by iFit; 1-year iFit family membership included; create up to 5 individual exercise profiles; Access live, studio, and global workouts ($468 value)
- Immersive 10-inch interactive HD touchscreen streams on-demand iFit workouts directly to your equipment and provides easy stats tracking; SMART-Response motor for effective running and cardio training
- -3 to 15 % OneTouch incline control; 12 MPH SMART OneTouch speed control; Your iFit trainer auto-adjusts your speed and incline to meet trainer requirements and match real-world terrain
- Innovative SpaceSaver design with EasyLift Assist means your treadmill can fold up after your run for compact, simple storage; 22” x 60” tread belt for leg and elbow space; Runners Flex cushioning
- 300-pound user capacity; Protected with a 10-year frame warranty, 2-year parts warranty, and 1-year labor warranty; 62.75” H x 39.25” W x 81.25” L
The Bowflex BXT116 Treadmill is a fantastic choice for tall individuals in need of a reasonably priced unit.
It features an extra roomy 22 inches × 60 inches tread belt to support your body's needs, complete with Comfort Tech technology that delivers outstanding shock absorption for every step.
The control panel is intuitive and easy to figure out with responsive gel buttons to ensure maximum convenience.
Also, the integrated console focuses on your calorie burn rate, displaying how many calories you're burning per minute to motivate you to push your limits.
The 7.5-inch full-color backlit LCD screen allows you to clearly monitor your stats, while the 9 pre-installed workout programs let you quickly jump into action.
The SoftDop technology ensures a safe descent when unfolding, so you don't have to worry about damaging your investment.
- 7. 5 inch color backlit LCD screen
- Bluetooth connectivity for connecting to Bowflex JRNY the personalized coaching technology and other popular fitness apps
- 20" x 60" running surface, 2.75" rollers, and a 3.5 CHP motor for a great feel
- 9 intuitive “push and go” workout programs
- One-touch adjustments for speeds up to 12MPH and motorized incline up to 15%
Equipped with a tread belt of 20.5 inches × 58 inches, the 3G Cardio Pro Runner has just the right size to accommodate tall folks without being too bulky for any room.
It even folds up to a compact 40 inches × 35 inches size.
Moreover, the belt we're talking about is orthopedic so it produces a soft impact on your joints, especially ones at high risk for most runners such as the knees.
The 3G Cardio Pro Runner also allows you to work out while being aware of your heart rate, simply by grabbing the console grips to find out the reading.
This unit features 8 built-in programs for workouts, which saves you the hassle of setting up new training routines every other day.
You also get 2 custom programs to help you with any specific type of training. With just a touch of a button, you can switch from one program to the other.
Additionally, the 3G Cardio Pro Runner includes a bunch of tests such as Gerkin/ Cooper/BMI and Heart Rate Interactive.
It reaches a maximum speed of 12 mph and includes a lifetime warranty on the motor.
- Small enough to fold up and store in the corner of a room with a 40” x 35” dimension without having to disassemble.
- Has a built in heart rate interactive pulse monitor and an optional wireless HR chest belt.
- Our Orthopedic Belt will get you moving with it’s large 20.5″ x 58″ running space.
- 3.0 Horsepower. Continuous Duty DC Motor. 2 Inch Roller. 20.5 Inch x 58 Inch orthopedic belt. 350 lb max user weight.
The ProForm Pro 2000 Treadmill is a reliable unit designed to suit all types of runners, especially those who are looking to invest in a capable machine for long-term use.
Featuring a tread belt of dimensions 22 inches × 60 inches and a maximum weight capacity of 350 pounds, the Pro 2000 is suitable for tall and large users.
It also makes a good choice for beginners since they tend to start out being overweight.
This commercial-grade treadmill is powered by a 3.25 CHP motor that's built to support heavy-duty use. It can produce a maximum speed of 12 mph while easily accommodating your weight even at a 15% incline.
The unit can also decline by -3% to help you work on muscles that are usually overlooked.
In addition to the advanced cushioning system, the Pro 2000 Treadmill features a sizable 8-inch display for you to keep track of your stats.
It also comes with a cooling fan, built-in speakers, as well as an integrated EKG heart rate scanner with wireless heart straps for accurate readings.
Topped off with a generous lifetime warranty on the frame and motor, plus a 5-year warranty on parts, the Pro 2000 proves to be well worth the money.
Looking for something with a little more pep? The Proform 9000 has slightly higher HP and the running tread is equally as durable. Here is a full review.
- Footprint: 39.15” W x 79” D x 71.4” H | Tread Belt: 22” x 60”
- Weight Capacity: 300 lb
- 7 inches backlit over sized LCD with racetrack display, iFit compatible. Integrated device shelf
- 3.5 CHP Mach Z commercial Pro, 0 to 12 MPH Quick Speed
- -3 – 15% Digital Quick Decline & Incline Control
Last but not least, the Elite Treadmill is an extra-large unit from 3G Cardio with a tread belt of dimensions 22 inches × 60 inches.
Not only is it ideal for people with long strides, but it also features an excellent shock absorption system to let you enjoy extended workout sessions without worrying about hurting your joints.
This machine houses a 4 HP heavy-duty motor that's powerful enough to reach a speed of 12 mph. It's also capable of supporting a weight capacity of up to 400 pounds, as well as inclination up to 15%.
Complete with a simple but functional console, a cooling fan, and built-in speakers, the 3G Cardio Elite Treadmill brings the professional gym experience right into your home.
- Start with an upgraded, commercial Ortho Flex Shock suspension system and an oversized 22" x 62" running platform, a club rated 4.0 HP motor and 386lbs of muscle under your feet and experience the amazing feel of a 3G Cardio Treadmill in the privacy of your own home.
- The 3G Cardio Elite Runner Treadmill gives you the peace of mind that not only will you have a spectacular treadmill for the long run but an unrivaled 10 year parts warranty and 2 years in home labor. The last thing you should have to worry about is your treadmill's performance, now you can focus on your performance.
- Simple and effective is the 3G Cardio motto. You will have all the necessary built in programs you need and nothing you don't! With several pre-programmed courses, fitness tests, one touch speed and elevation settings, heart rate control and the ability to custom create your own workouts, you will never become bored or overwhelmed when it comes to your programming options.
- Enjoy your music through the built in speakers and cool down with our multi speed fan! Want more? Try connecting your tablet and enjoying surround sound while watching your favorite movie or TV show. The 3G Cardio Elite Runner Treadmill can help to create your own private sanctuary.
- Whether you are a casual walker or an avid runner, the 3G Cardio Elite Runner treadmill has you covered! A club rated treadmill with a 10 year parts warranty in your home, what more could you ask for?
There you go, detailed reviews of the best 5 treadmills for tall people. Remember to check the maximum weight capacity of the machine to make sure it can support your body. If you would rather run outside during the spring/summer, pick up a treadmill cover, it will keep your machine looking sharp and protected.
Also, pay attention to the overall dimensions of the unit to see if you can actually fit it wherever you're planning to.
Last update on 2021-01-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API