The Best Running Pants for Men with Reviews (2020 Version)
The running pants should comfortable, stylish, stretchable, breathable, and productive.
They’re tight or fitting with tapered legs to keep your ankle cuffs out of the way when running. You’re bound to sweat when running, hence the need for pants with sweat absorbing properties to keep you dry and comfortable.
We’ve reviewed the best running pants for men in this article to help you find what suits your needs for productive runs.
Our Top Pick
Based on the latest technology in fitness, running pants for men, including tights and leggings, offer the support you need when running, working out or exercising.
If you run in cold weather or intend to do so, you need the right running pants for exercising in that kind of condition. For instance, consider wearing an additional base layer, such as compression tights, to enhance your level of comfort in the weather.
The extra layers can also oxygenate and warm your muscles during workouts and runs to protect you from injuries.
The top running pants for men should support you in the right places to ensure you’re comfortable during runs or workouts.
Whether you’ll be training in winter or summer, the key is finding running pants designed for that kind of weather.
Some pants are water repellent and windproof, with multiple pockets to keep your gels, keys or anything else.
You’ll also find running pants for men designed for indoor use. They’re constructed for strength and powerful training. Premiums fabrics are used to support durability and performance.
The 5 Best Running Pants for Men:
Why Wear the Really Good Running Pants?
Running pants for men offer a wide motion range for athletes. When working out, exercising or running, you wouldn’t want your movements to be restrained whatsoever. The pants are made with stretch fabrics to enhance your running cadence and strides.
The best running pants for men are also designed to minimize muscle soreness and pain. They’re warm and give a tight fit to hold your muscles, reducing pain.
Even so, it’s still important to do your stretches and warm ups in the gym or outdoor before embarking on your runs.
Engaging in high-performance trainings and races can exert so much load on you. But, the right running pants for men can reduce the perceived load and make your races seem lighter and easier.
You’re bound to feel less fatigued and exhausted, but more energized for the runs.
Running pants for men also facilitate better flow of blood, meaning more oxygen get to the rest of your body during runs or workouts.
Your muscles need oxygen during runs to minimize muscle fatigue and support metabolism. Men’s running pants also help promote strength recovery for improved performance.
Here’re top 5 best running pants for men to consider for your workouts and running races.
5 Best Running Pants for Men
The Nike Team Club Fleece Pants
Designed in casual style, the Nike Team Club Fleece Pants are ideal for runners looking for something to wear when running or not.
Made from a blend of polyester and cotton, the classic running pants come in a straight leg fit for comfortable runs.
The running pants are available in various colors to choose based on your taste and personal preferences. At the waistband is a draw cord to adjust the pants to your waist size.
The two pockets are spacious enough to hold your keys and other small valuables. The bottom hem is open for a wide range of motion.
- Made from 80% cotton and 20% polyester for a comfortable feel in the training room and on the practice field
- Fleece pants offer a soft, cozy feel for post-workout cooldowns and lounging around the locker room
- Side pockets let athletes keep gloves, music players, keys and smartphones within easy reach
The Defender Compression Baselayer Pants for Men
Made in sleek designs, the running pants come multiple colors, which include, but aren’t limited to black, red, blue, white and grey. The pants stay in place when running to improve your performance.
The lightweight material also supports fast runs or workouts. However, if snagged, the fabric can tear easily.
- Tight-fitting Sports Wear - like a second skin. Use the size Table to select your size. If you prefer a looser fit, go up a size.
- Large = Long Pants (Waist 34 ~ 35 inch / Length 34.5 ~ 35 inch)
- Fabric component : 92% Polyester, 8% Spandex / Do not use Fabric Softener, BLEACH and IRON (Machine wash with like colors at LOW temperature )
The ProGo Casual Jogger Sweatpants for Men
The running pants for men are designed for versatile, casual wear whenever you want. The ProGo Casual Jogger Sweatpants for Men are made from fleece, a combination of cotton and polyester, for comfort.
The running pants are neither too cold nor too warm, making them ideal for all-weather use. You can workout or run in them in fall, winter, summer, etc. as you deem fit.
The pants come in a classic design fit with elastic drawstrings around the waist to adjust to a fitting size. The running shoes conform to your ankles snugly for better security and safety.
- Marled Jogger Sweatpants Featuring Elastic Drawstring Waist and Banded Ankle Cuffs
- Tech Fleece Design For Comfort, Classic Fit, Side Hand Pockets, Single Patch Pocket at Back
- Shrink Resistant, Fade Resistant, Machine Wash with Cold Water, Do Not Bleach, Tumble Dry Low
The Under Armour Rival Fleece Joggers
The Under Armour Rival Fleece Joggers are perfect for exercising, working out or running in cool weather. The casual wear can also be worn when not engaging in physical activities, making them versatile pants.
They taper downwards at the ankle to support flexible movements. However, the tapered areas aren’t too tight to allow for breathability
If you don’t like to show your ankles too much in your running pants, you may opt for something else. The warm material absorbs moisture and sweat to keep you dry and cool.
- Under Armour Men's Size Chart
- Get ready for a full day of hanging out around the house in stylish comfort with the Under Armour Rival Fleece Jogger.
- All Under Armour Apparel features a tagless design or tear-away tag with no left-over pieces.
The 4ucycling Windproof Athletic Pants
The 4ucycling Windproof Athletic Pants are ideal for running or working out in light rain, cold, cool or windy weather. The pants support active wear in cold weather.
They can withstand mild rain and wind to keep you going in your runs. However, heavy rains may get them soaked up, impairing your activities.
The running pant come in a loose fit for increased mobility. The thermo-lined fleece it’s made from keeps you warm in cold weather.
However, the material used on the inside of the pants may feel stiff. The reflective brand logo is perfect for running in the night or areas with poor lighting conditions.
- Double-layer synthetic material (75% polyester) in the front, which gives the pants a unique water repellent quality without being too clingy or tight. This offers the athlete more flexibility in mobility.
- Breathable material on the back, which is composed of 85% polyester 15% spandex. Engineered to offer the athlete extra comfort levels through exceptional padding and cushioning. The improved aeration is quintessential in preventing excessive sweating during rigorous training sessions.
- Thermo-lined fleece interior. Useful for prevention of loss of heat from the body, even under extreme wintry or snowy conditions. The thermal retention capabilities of these pants are also enhanced by the draping design in the knee area.
The best running pants for men are, of comfortable fitting and offer great flexibility in movement. Also lookout for a fitting or adjustable waistband for non-slip use.
If you’re planning to run in the rain, cold weather or under windy conditions, choose your running pants accordingly. Also make sure they’re affordable and versatile if you want something casual to wear when not running.
Opt for the best running pants for men designed for your specific needs to improve your performance.
Last update on 2020-01-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API