Shin splints can be incredibly painful and take a very long time to heal. However, with the right resources, your recovery can be immensely less painful and ultimately better on your body.
There are a variety of different insoles, and there are so many different features to each one that it can be super difficult to decide which ones to buy.
Which will actually help to prevent and heal shin splints? Is it worth the cost? Which features are important?
Below are the 10 Best Insoles for Shin Splints
Superfeet Unisex Athletic Performance Insoles
These insoles are made of closed-cell foam to ensure there is cushiony support for maximum comfort.
These insoles work best for people who have medium to low arches as there is low arch support sculpted into these insoles.
The sturdy base of the insoles is not slippery at all benefiting you and your shoes as there will be far less wear on your shoes. This sturdy base also allows for a longer wear-time before they must be replaced.
- DEEP HEEL CUP - Superfeets widest and deepest heel cup that offers maximum support and positions the soft tissue to help with natural shock absorption
- BIOMECHANICAL SHAPE
Samurai Insoles Unisex Flat Feet Insoles
These insoles provide wonderful support to all those out there with anywhere from flat feet to a medium arch as they were designed using a neutral arch style.
Made out of memory foam by podiatrists, they will support and protect your feet, arches, and all that are attached to them with a sturdy and firm base.
They work great for all-day long activities, whether it is athletic or work related. They have amazing, preventative technology for issues such as shin splints, plantar fasciitis, Achilles tendonitis, heel spurs, and general foot pain.
These insoles also use their shock absorbance to help control the pronation of your feet. In addition to the podiatry support, they also offer awesome anti-slip support!
- PAINFUL, FLAT FEET? FALLEN arches? SKIP THE PRICEY $500 INSOLES: As a LEADING PODIATRIST (with flat feet!) I realize that MOST SHOE INSERTS have “PROBLEMS”. They require cutting or have rock-hard arch support that radiates pain up your legs. That’s why I assembled a "DREAM TEAM" of INDUSTRY LEADERS to BIOMECHANICALLY ENGINEER Samurai Insoles! They OPTIMIZE the FUNCTION of your FEET & LEGS – COMBINING the BEST BENEFITS of an ARCH SUPPORT SHOE INSERT & CUSTOM ORTHOTICS, for 1/10th the investment!
New Balance Unisex Soft Comfort Insoles
This durable insole is formed out of a high density foam that is perfect for active people with a medium to low arched foot.
This New Balance insole is designed to keep your foot solidly snug within your shoes. These insoles with help keep the pressure off of your feet with the shock pads within the base of them.
The sturdiness of the New Balance insoles helps to control overpronation of your feet and ankles which helps reduce the risk of sports-related injuries, such as shin splints, strains, spraines, plantar fasciitis, and Achilles tendonitis.
For additional comfort, New Balance also uses a very breathable top layer of fabric in order to decrease sweating and slip.
- Plastazote top layer uses your own body heat to mold to the shape of your foot, helping relieve pressure points; great for those with diabetes or arthritis
- Lightweight, long-lasting Abzorb cushioning pods with Poron foam provide shock absorption at heel and forefoot
Dr. Foot Unisex Insoles for Sports
This shoe insole is especially great for those with low to medium arches but not for people with flat feet.
It is constructed out of a high density foam that contours perfectly to support your feet. The Dr. Foot insoles also provide incredible heel support with snug and comfortable heel cups.
This helps to ensure that the insoles will aid in preventing injuries such as shin splints, overpronation, and foot strain.
The foam is a ventilated, moisture wicking base that keeps excess moisture to a minimum and allows your foot to breathe as well as not slip as much.
- HIGH ARCH SUPPORT: The high arch support designed insole has changed the force structure of the foot, provide ideal solution for those with flat feet, rigid steps, high, weak, fallen arches.
- FUNCTIONALITY: The high ARCH SUPPORT can alleviate pain of the foot. Reduction of fatigue when walking or sport. It is suitable for sports shoes, flat shoes, boots, and even all shoes. Flexible and soft foam give the feet support and comfortable whole day.
Shock Doctor Unisex Foot Protection Insoles
These insoles are more insoles recommended most for people with low to medium height foot arches.
These are some of the most durable and shock resistant insoles on this list which is great for protecting the feet of people who do longer runs.
There is an incredibly thick padding underneath the heels and a lift underneath the metatarsals in order to remove the pressure and force from the feet as much as possible to reduce the risk of injury such as shin splints and foot strains.
The base is incredibly lightweight and well-ventilated in order to decrease extra slip and sweat within your shoes.
- Shock Doctor 1005 Cleat Insole Men's Size 16.5-18
- Designed for football, baseball, softball and lacrosse players
- Disperses cleat impact pressure
- Weighs less than 2oz and is only 5mm thin
Hyperspace Unisex Sports Insoles
The Hyperspace insoles are perfect to wear while you are healing and recovering from shin splints as they are designed to contour the shape of your foot.
They also use biomechanical reinforcement technology in order to correct the problems with foot pressure and pronation to help prevent injuries such as shin splints.
In addition to the technology, the underside has gel shock pads underneath the heel and forefoot in order to shift any pressure or impact away from sensitive areas of the foot.
These insoles have a velvety material covering the insole that does not necessarily ventilate, but it absorbs any moisture to keep away the sweat and blisters.
Stridetek Unisex Orthotic Insoles
These insoles are scientifically designed to take the pressure off of your knees, shins, and forefeet helping to prevent injury such as shin splints.
In addition to the pressure removed from the design, there is also a metatarsal pad to help remove any pain in the ball of the foot as well as a deep heel cup to help avoid pronation that will prevent injury.
There are also gel pads in the heels that help to deflect the impact away from your feet and legs.
They also provide immense amounts of comfort between the high-density memory foam that molds to your feet and the Aegis Microbe Shield that puts a protective layer in place to to keep out the bacterial and odor buildup.
- Patented Metatarsal Riser, Arch Support, and Deep Heel Cup help relieve common foot pain, flat feet pain, arch pain, heel pain, plantar fasciitis, shin splints and metatarsalgia.
- Patented Metatarsal Riser Support Pad encourages proper bio-mechanics, resists over pronation (rolling inward at the ankles), and relieves forefoot pain.
Happy Step Unisex Memory Foam Cushioned Insoles
This specific brand of insoles is made from high density supportive memory foam.
It is great for all day activities as it is super durable and comfortable. Therefore it is amazing for medium to high volume daywear.
You can trim the insoles to fit perfectly to your feet to ensure the best comfort possible.
They can also be used as replacement insoles to ensure they will fit perfectly inside your shoes against your feet to help your legs and feet heal.
- High-density memory foam shoe inserts provide customized cushioning
- Orthopedic cushioned arch support best fit neutral or medium foot arch type
- Trim-to-fit: please follow the sizing instruction below for the best fit
Walk Hero Unisex Arch Support Insoles
These insoles are great for people with high foot arches who are struggling with issues such as plantar fasciitis and shin splints.
They are incredibly cushioned and have great shock absorbance to help relieve any pain as well as an arch support and deep heel cup.
They are super durable and have a cooling and moisture-wicking top layer.
- ★LASTING COMFORT - arch support improves foot and leg alignment, enhances comfort, and helps ease stress and pain caused by flat feet (Pronation), bunions, arthritis, and diabetes.provides relief from Plantar Fasciitis (heel pain & heel spurs), Achilles Tendonitis and also Ball of Foot pain
- ★DEEP HEEL CUP- to maintain correct foot positioning.protects your heel during the heavy impact of landing during walking or running and stabilizes the foot.
Logics Best Unisex Pain Relief Insoles
This final brand of insoles works incredibly well for all arch types and has a supportive heel cup to help keep any sliding issues to a minimum.
The cushioning and shock absorbance provides great comfort to your feet and legs as well as helping to reduce the risk of injuries such as shin splints.
In addition to cushioning, they are also designed with a special anti-fatigue technology.
Finally, there is a top layer of lining that wick away moisture to keep your feet cool and dry.
- 👟 COMFORT THAT LASTS - Anatomical arch support significantly helps foot and leg alignment, increases comfort, and helps ease stress and pain caused by pronation *flat feet*, bunions, arthritis, and Diabetic neuropathy. Provides relief from Plantar Fasciitis *heel pain & heel spurs*, Achilles Tendonitis plus Ball of Foot pain
- 👟 DEEP HEEL CUP- to keep your feet in the best possible position. This helps to prevent damage to your heel during the heavy 💥 impact of landing during walking or running and stabilizes the foot.
Conclusion: The 10 Best Insoles for Shin Splints
The key to being a happy runner is being a healthy runner. Shin splints are an incredibly common injury among the running community, and there are so many great ways of preventing them including shoe insoles.
Insoles are a reasonably inexpensive, preventative measure to use if you are concerned about shin splints.
While there are dozens of different types of shoe insoles, this list will help you narrow down your research to a far less intimidating number of options.
Happy and healthy trails everybody!
Last update on 2020-08-06 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API