The 5 Best Ellipticals Under (or about) $500 for 2019
Many runners are supplementing their training with elliptical machine workouts.
There are some obvious reasons, such as the convenience of a home workout during inclement weather or busy days. Other reasons to train with an elliptical are less obvious.
Aside from convenience, there are proven results that elliptical machines can bring to your running career.
A majority of ellipticals have various resistance levels so you can incorporate speed drills or strength training to increase your cardio capacity.
These machines are low-impact and can sometimes help you recover from major soreness or minor injuries.
There are a variety of affordable, highly rated elliptical machines for less than $500.
Each machine has their own unique amenities to cater to the different needs of every runner. This article provides details on 5 best rated elliptical machines for under $500.
Sunny Health and Fitness SFE3607
Sunny Health and Fitness are one of the top distributors of high-quality exercise equipment. Their SFE3607 Elliptical trainer is no exception.
You can expect a full body workout with this trainer.
The elliptical motion addresses the hamstrings and quads, while the hand bar targets the arms. The standing position helps keep the core engaged.
Although this machine has only a 3 star average review, it’s low price point makes up for the lack of bells and whistles that other machines offer.
- Magnetic elliptical trainer with large anti-slip footpads
- Adjustable 8-level magnetic tension Control System
- Hand Pulse sensors for accurate heart rate readings
- Built-in transportation wheels make for easy portability
- Max. User weight 220 lbs
Here are other benefits of the trainer:
ASUNA 4300 Elliptical Trainer
The Asuna 4300 Elliptical trainer is made for commercial or home gyms, so you’re getting the best of both worlds with this trainer.
This trainer makes working out at home easy, convenient, and fun. Aside from one silly review, the rest of the reviews are five stars.
People love their Asuna 4300 Elliptical trainers because it features:
- Dual-action handlebars and large non-slip pedals
- Electronic tension control for various resistance levels; AC power Adaptor included
- 5 programmable modes: Beginner, Advanced, Sporty, Cardio and Watt
- Large LCD displays Time, Speed, Calories, Distance, Watt, and Pulse
- Sturdy steel frame with transportation wheels for portability; 265 lbs. user weight capacity
Universal E40 Elliptical
The Universal E40 Elliptical trainer has nearly a 4 star average rating, with close to 100 reviews.
This is because it runs smoothly and quietly due to the perimeter-weight, high-inertia flywheel.
It has 8 resistance levels to keep any fitness level engaged. Progress can be monitored through the informative LCD console, which displays distance, time, calories burned, pulse, speed, resistance level, and course profile.
- Easy to read large LCD window tracks your speed, time, distance, calories and more
- 8 levels of magnetic resistance
- 7 workout programs to keep you challenged
- Grip heart rate monitor
- Console works with AC adaptor (sold separately) to save on batteries
The E40 Elliptical is battery operated and contains 7 different workout programs.
These workout programs help decrease the chances of plateaued results.
Other amenities include heart rate sensors, 17-inch stride length, leveling feet for uneven surfaces, compact footprint, and water bottle holder.
Cubil Under Desk Elliptical
The Cubii Under Desk Elliptical is the solution to the sedentary lifestyle that commonly plagues the working class.
The mission of Cubii is to incorporate movement into your life and negate excuses for lack of time for exercise.
Cubbi understands that people's lives are busy, so they have created an effective trainer that can be used while sitting at a desk.
The under-the-desk elliptical is not just for 9-5 workers.
It's also meant for children who have a hard time sitting still and individuals recovering from surgery or injury.
This Cubii Under Desk Elliptical is highly rated; with over 350 reviews averaging nearly five stars, you’re sure to fall in love.
- Optimized to fit under your desk and provide unconscious exercise while you work.
- Ergonomically designed to ensure optimal posture, leg movement, and no bumped knees.
- Connected via Bluetooth to our mobile app to track exercise, set goals, share progress, and compete.
- Eight levels of resistance allow you to adjust the intensity level of your exercise.
- Includes wheel stoppers to use with wheeled chairs.
Here are the features of the Cubii:
Nautilus E614 Elliptical Trainer
The Nautilus brand is known as the "gold standard in fitness" for producing high-quality gym equipment.
It is evident in their E614 Elliptical trainer, which has over 175 reviews averaging 4 stars. With this trainer, a comfortable workout and maximized results are possible.
These features are not the only qualities that make the E614 part of the gold standard.
The E614 can cater to any fitness level because of the extensive features it offers, including:
- Goal Track capability enables users to set individual exercise goals
- 22 programs: 9 profile, 8 heart rate control, 2 custom, 2 fitness test & 1 quick start
- 20 levels of resistance for a wide range of workout intensity options
- High speed, high inertia drive system with a perimeter weighted flywheel for easy start up and smooth, consistent workouts
- Dual Track LCD displays
Here are other benefits.
These are the 5 best elliptical machines for under $500. Each machine has its own unique features to help each runner meet his or her needs.
Elliptical machines have a variety of benefits that are beyond “scratching the surface,” such as providing a non-impact workout or help athlete increases cardio capacity
Last update on 2019-09-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API