The 4 Best Compression Tights for Women:
Reviews, Comparisons & our Top Picks
If you normally stick to regular leggings for your exercises, it is time to make compression tights the new star of your running kit. The health benefits of leg compression pants are for real: They can reduce inflammation, damage, muscle pain, improve the circulation of blood in the legs, support the lower half of the body, and help you to train for a longer time without getting fatigued. Hence they`re workout, running gear and in other sports activities.
For you to get maximum benefits, it is a good idea to know which type compression tights are best for you. In this article, I am going to give you an in depth look at some of the best compression tights which you can consider purchasing.
In this article, I’m going to recommend some of the best compression tights that you can consider buying. But first, let us give you an overview of the things you need to know about compression tights. If you prefer to get right to the reviews, here are the four that we discuss.
What Are Compression Tights Used For?
Compression tights apply a balanced surface pressure over specific parts of the body, this triggers an acceleration of blood flow, which results in an increase in oxygen delivery to the muscle groups being worked to improve their performance.
- The improvement in the circulation of blood also helps to reduce the buildup of lactic acid, carbon dioxide and other metabolic wastes. This is essential for overall health particularly when you are participating in high aerobic activities such as a 5K Race.
- They are used to minimize the risk of varicose veins and deep leg vein thrombosis in individuals who are at high risk
- Additionally according to a scientific study that was published in the Medical Journal of Australia compression tights can be used to reduce flight-induced ankle oedema
- Reduces recovery time after an injury. They can be useful for individuals with certain existing injuries, by providing support to minimize undesired movement of the underlying tissues – much like bandaging and support straps does.
- Reduces Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness (DOMS) that occurs several days after an intense workout. According to a scientific study published in the NCBI, compression garments are an effective technique of reducing the histological injury in DOMS
- It`s good for all kinds of weather conditions because it`s capable of regulating body temperature. Compression causes an increase in the skin temperature, but does not increase the core body temperature.
- Compression tights are also a confidence booster, and motivation for a better lifestyle
- Sun Protection technology is infused into some compression tights to protect your skin with the latest technology providing a 50 SPF sun protection rating, this protects your skin particularly your private parts from harmful ultra-violet rays. They repel moisture and sweat from your body keeping your body cool and dry during your workouts sessions or when performing other sports activities
- Some are designed with modern technologies that makes them anti-bacterial and anti-odorless. They improve the efficiency movement by preventing muscle groups from being activated and holding them in in shape, and this leads to the improved performances.
Here is a great YouTube video that shares additional compression tights info and their benefits.
How Compression Clothing Is Categorized
In the past few years, there has been some revolutionary changes in high performance fitness fashion clothing such as compression clothing. However due to the big misconception that a lot of people have about compression leggings and shirts, few people have been able to enjoy their amazing benefits.
Below are 4 different categories for compression wear:
1. Slimming -These kinds of compression tights have been designed to enhance weight loss. They hug tightly so that they can maximize their benefits. You may be nervous about wearing something that is almost exposing your skin, but believe me these fabrics can make your body look good.
2. Athletic -These kinds of compression clothing are quite popular among athletics. You do not have to be an ardent sports fan to know this. However other people wear these too when participating in other activities like hiking, cycling, and working out in the gym.
3. Medical - These are designed for people suffering from injuries, poor circulation, leg issues, and other medical conditions. The clothing apply pressure on various parts of your body and as a result cause an increase in the circulation of blood. This offers you an enormous amount of relief from pain, tired or achy legs.
4. Casual - These kinds of compression tights are designed to enhance comfort and personal expression over conformity, formality and presentation. They look great on the body and also makes your body feel good.
Difference Between Compression Pants, Tights & Leggings.
Compression tights and leggings are quite similar in that they`re skin tight garments which cover the legs and at times the waist. Leggings are much footless, thicker and can at times be worn like pants. Compression tights cover the foot, are somewhat sheer and should be worn under another garment.
Compression pants are somewhere in the middle between legging and tights in that they can be flared, narrow, tight and bell-bottom.
Leggings and tights, should not be confused with stockings, that are more like socks which go all the way up to the thigh, and unlike leggings or tights aren`t joint at the seam.
There are many kinds of compression tights on the market. If you`re planning to buy one, you`ll be faced with a daunting challenge of choosing one that suits your body shape. A good rule of thumb is to select a compression tight which will stay in place during your workout sessions.
4 Best Compression Tights For Women
I am finally ready to take you through specific compression pants for women. There are dozens of them on the market but we will cover only the ones with the highest ratings and reviews.
Best Full Leggings Tights for Running:
1. Gym by CompressionZ
These effective and affordable full length compression pants are suitable for workouts at the gym, yoga, running and other favorite activities. Another great benefit of these tights is that they eliminate the need to buy a number of different compression clothing such as shorts, calf sleeves and knee sleeves. It`s made of a material that features a 4-way stretch for reduced fatigue and increased comfort.
It is also moisture wicking to help minimize odor causing bacteria and keep your skin dry. Managing the excess moisture also helps to reduce excessive wetness, irritation and chafing.
- IDEAL COMPRESSION ACTIVEWEAR - Our compression pants and athletic leggings are the perfect solution for all sporting activities and workouts. The tight, snug fit gives support to the entire lower half of your body. When wearing our running leggings or running tights, it's like having a circulatory pump in your thighs and glutes which will give you a performance boost during your workouts!
- IMPROVED EFFICIENCY - The compression tights restrict excessive muscle motion that takes place during running, stretching, cycling or yoga while conserving energy to give you better performance and more endurance. They are the ultimate compression leggings or running pants. No matter what exercise you do, our compression gear will help you be your best!! Who wouldn't like to up their game?
- LESS PAIN, FASTER RECOVERY - The use of compression pants reduces the pain both during and after intense physical activities, allowing you to exercise longer. Improved blood circulation from our compression pants ensures faster recovery and prevents fatigue.
This tight is designed from 20 percent Lycra Elastane and 80 percent Coolmax Polyester. It features patented CW-X Support Web™ which bands together the ligaments and muscles of the lower leg to reduce vibration and stabilize the knee for increased efficiency.
As a result they provide excellent targeted joint support to the hip, knees and pelvis. They also offer extra muscle support to the hamstrings and back and lower abdominal muscles for extra power and stability.
There Coolmax fabric feature helps keep the body dry by expelling moisture and sweat away from the skin
- 2-way stretch support web provides targeted support to knee and core joints and muscles - 80% nylon/20% lycra
- 4-Way stretch moisture wicking body fabric helps to keep the body cool and Dry - 80% Coolmax/20% lycra
- Flat seam construction eliminates abrasion, increases comfort and enhances fit by reducing bulky seams
These compression pants have a 99 percent Ultra Violet rays blocking ability that`s critical in keeping your skin safe from the adverse effect of the sun. They are made of 8 percent Spandex and 92 percent Polyester. They feature a water diffusivity layer, a water absorption layer and a water metastases layer.
The DABB11 Compression Tights come in various sizes including; 6XLarge, 5XLarge, 4X Small, 3X Large, Small, Medium and Large. The small size will fit perfectly on a person with a waistline of 29 inches while the 3XL will fit on man or woman with a 49-inch waistline.
The tights support the lower half of the body, thus providing improved circulation of blood in the legs and full body stability. They repel sweat and moisture from your body keeping you dry during workouts sessions or other activities.
This makes them great for snowboarding, competing, skiing, training, and all weather activities and sports. If you`re searching for a tight that retain heat during winter and look cool in summer, you should consider this option.
- 92% Polyester, 8% Spandex - Smooth and Ultra-Soft Fabric that provides extreme comfort with very little weight without restriction
- Designed for all seasons(skiing, snowboarding, training, yoga, rashguard, all weather sports and activities)
- Non abrasion fabric material with excellent elasticity and durability, UV BLOCKING 98.8%
The 2XU compression pants for women is produced in the United States and features superior Lycra Blend technology. The other important features that have been incorporated in the design include optimal-compression support with a medical circular knit 70 -Denier construction which ensures powerful pressure and all-around consistency. The tights are made of 20 percent Lycra and 80 percent Nylon. They support and protect calf muscles, gluteus, hamstring, abductors and quad muscles.
It also comes with a muscle containment feature that increases circulation and as a result improves muscle performance, fastens recovery; reduces oscillation and vibrations, and lessens muscle damage and fatigue
- BENEFITS: Compression support for greater protection to abductor, glute, quad, hamstring and calf muscles | Increased blood flow improves performance and agility | Reduced muscle damage and risk of overuse injuries, stiffness, soreness and swelling | Improved muscle alignment
- TECH: Lightweight and powerful PWX fabric | PWX 70D front and 105D back panels | Multi-directional stretch | Flexible and breathable
- FEATURES: Power comfort wide waistband | Body firming and sculpting fit |Flatlock seams | Moisture wicking | UPF50+ sun protection | Antibacterial
So there you have it. The 4 best compression tights for women and all the details about them. I encourage you to check Amazon for the feedback on these and others. There is a ton of great reviews for these as well as others.
Last update on 2019-03-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API