Brooks Beast is well known to be a great running shoe for people dealing with overpronation. Whether you're looking to try other brands or somehow can't get your hands on a pair, this article is for you.
Today, we're reviewing the 5 best Brooks Beast alternatives that offer comparable stability, comfort, and support. So, let's dive in!
What better place to look for a reliable alternative to Brooks Beast shoes than within the same company. We're glad that's where we started our search because we came across Brooks Adrenaline GTS 20 Running Shoes, which are probably as close as you can get to the real deal.
Compared to previous versions, Brooks Adrenaline GTS 20 is built to be more lightweight with newly integrated GuideRails support and just enough padding to make every step smoother and softer than ever before. This type of support also helps protect your knees by controlling the excessive motion and keeping your knees in the line of motion.
These shoes allow for extra stability during movement, which is the main requirement in shoes for runners with overpronation.Brooks Adrenaline GTS 20 features DNA LOFT and BioMoGo DNA cushioning, installed with a precise balance to deliver an adaptive ride whether you're running for shorter or longer distances. Additionally, the collar and tongue are well-padded to provide more comfort and support.
- New lightweight engineered Cool Mesh uppers with a bit of stretch for a comfortable fit
- Asymmetrical 3D Fit Print saddle pulls from the heel and wraps around your midfoot for a great fit
- Compression molded Bio Mogo DNA contoured insole
- New Integrated, streamlined GuideRails offers smoother transitions
- HPR Plus Rearfoot with a Blown Rubber Forefoot outsole
If you're a runner who appreciates shows with springy and bouncy movement, then you'll probably love these ones from Mizuno. The Wave Inspire 15 Running Shoes feature a new technology called CloudWaves, which you can clearly see on the exterior of all the Mizuno Wave series.
As expected, the CloudWaves are located near the heels where they aim to provide runners with smooth cushioning and snappy responsiveness.
Mizuno Wave Inspire 15 shoes are designed with stability in mind as they keep your feet stable to help you handle overpronation.
When it comes to comfort, the Wave Inspire 15 doesn't disappoint thanks to the plush cushioning at the collar and tongue. These running shoes also offer impressive shock absorption, utilizing a durable U4ic midsole that features Mizuno's exclusive technology.
The Wave Inspire 15 Running Shoes include mesh uppers for maximum breathability during intense rides. The premium sock liner boosts comfort, while the roomy toe-box promises to not squish your feet.
- MIZUNO WAVE: Wave sets the standard for running shoe technologies.
- This best selling stability running shoe provides the perfect balance of smooth cloudwave cushion, snappy responsive flex, and stable ride.
- Engineered Mesh Upper: Both breathable and durable for high performance.
- New Premium Sockliner for added comfort
- U4ic Midsole: Optimal shock attenuation, durability and a superior ride
Known for manufacturing high-quality yet affordable shoes, Saucony is one of the most popular brands among runners.
Naturally, we had to find out how they can match the support and stability that Brooks Beast offers, which leads us to their Omni ISO 2 Running Shoes.To top it off, the comes with firm medial support to further help runners suffering from overpronation by offering extra stability.
Saucony markets the Omni ISO 2 as stability shoes, so we're already off to a good start. The shoes feature ISOFIT design to adapt to the contour and motion of the runner, creating a dynamic fit system for every run.
They also utilize FORMFIT technology where 3 layers of foam cradle the foot for maximum comfort and security.
The toe-box has a double jacquard pattern to deliver both structure and flexibility while enhancing breathability.
Additionally, the PWRFORM midsole absorbs impact to better respond to your strides and the EVERRUN top sole ensures extended comfort with pressure relief.Saucony Omni ISO 2 Running Shoes
- Successor to the Omni 16 EVERUN topsole construction for enhanced energy return and continuous cushioning throughout the run PWRFOAM Midsole medial posted midsole ISOFIT dynamic upper that adapts to the shape and motion of the runner foot
- Engineered Mesh
- Closure Type: Lace Up
As a member of the Nike Air Zoom family, the Nike Air Zoom Structure 22 Running Shoes gets its name from the Air Zoom sole unit that's integrated into the shoe construction.
Not only does it provide low-profile cushioning and great responsiveness, but it also makes for a very lightweight design that helps boost your performance.
The Air Zoom Structure 22 is a stability running shoe, offering comparable support and comfort when compared to Brooks Beast. The dynamic support on the medial area provides a smooth, stable transition that'll serve you well if you're dealing with overpronation.
Moreover, the Air Zoom Structure 22 features partial bootie that wraps the foot in a comfortable, snug fit. The engineered mesh material delivers targeted ventilation for extra relief on hot days.
If you look closely, you can find notches at the tongue to make it easier for you to slip the shoes on and off in no time.
These shoes also feature Duralon blown rubber in the forefoot to enhance the overall cushioning effect.
Making one last stop at Brooks, the Ravenna 10 Running Shoe is another option designed to help overpronators. It effectively works as long-distance running or training shoes, meant to provide additional support for non-neutral runners.
Similar to the Adrenaline GTS 20, the Ravenna 10 comes with a level 2 cushioning to ensure a comfortable ride.
However, it has a midsole made from BioMoGo DNA only without the DNA LOFT part. This doesn't necessarily mean it feels less cushiony, it just depends on what you personally prefer.
In any case, the Ravenna 10 shares the same GuideRails technology featured in both Adrenaline GTS 20 and Beast, so it's also capable of protecting your knees by reducing heel and shin rotation to take the excess stress off your joints.
Sporting a more stylish look, the Ravenna 10 shoe includes a one-piece mesh upper and internal bootie for a lightweight, breezy fit.
- SHOE SIZE: "B" = Medium width
- THIS SHOE IS FOR: This is the sister shoe to the Launch, so it works as a great long-distance racing or training shoe for efficient runners with added support to help non-neutral runners.
- ENERGIZED FEEL: Delivers a responsive and springy ride to add extra lift to your stride without compromising support or speed.
- GUIDERAIL SUPPORT SYSTEM: Next-generation GuideRails provide holistic support by guiding your feet into alignment—reducing heel and shin rotation, and keeping excess knee motion in check.
- LIGHTWEIGHT FIT: The one-piece mesh upper and internal bootie are so light and breezy, they feel like they’re not even there.
We hope you found our list of the 5 best Brooks Beast alternatives to be helpful in your shopping mission. All these shoes offer outstanding motion control and stability, so we're confident you'll end up with a great deal no matter what you choose.
Last update on 2020-09-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API