ASICS WOMEN’S GEL-VENTURE 4 REVIEW
Created for the outdoor enthusiasts, ASICS Women’s GEL-Venture 4 is a trail running shoes for women with enhanced Rearfoot GEL Cushioning System for maximum shock absorption and responsiveness. Its designed to provide traction over all kinds of terrain with vertical and horizontal flex grooves that allow enhanced flexibility and a smoother stride.
- Rearfoot GEL Cushioning System: Attenuates shock during impact phase and allows for a smooth transition to midstance.
- Removable Sockliner: A sockliner which can be removed to accommodate a medical orthotic.
- Trail Specific Outsole: Reversed lugs provide uphill and downhill traction on all types of terrain.
- It weighs 8.9 oz. for the size 7 shoes, which lands it among the lightweight shoes out in the market
- The reversed lugs on the outsole are created specifically for trail running to provide uphill and downhill traction
- Rearfoot GEL cushioning system absorbs the impact and helps make smooth transitions
- Sock liners can be removed for medical orthotics
- ASICS high abrasion rubber provides good grip on rocks
BENEFITS OF THE ASICS WOMEN’S GEL-VENTURE 4
This pair of inexpensive women’s running shoes provide enough coverage for the trail runner. Because of the Rearfoot GEL cushioning system, the energy bounces back on every impact it creates a smooth stride. It also makes running easier as it supports the balls of your feet by the cushions that are built in.
PROS AND CONS
- Rugged outsole designed for trail running
- Smooth transition supported by the Rearfoot GEL cushioning system
- Removable sockliners
- Reversed lugs for uphill and downhill tractions
- Lightweight which makes running easy
- Inexpensive and affordable
- Due to its low price, it is not expected to last long and materials are not durable compared to other brands
- Upper materials are not breathable
- Best for recreational running with some mellow trails; cannot provide support for longer distance running
- Shallow lugs
- Does not provide total support on sloppy wet terrains
Its an affordable price making it a choice of many, however there are complaints on the size of the shoe and on how it fits. - CUSTOMER REVIEWS
Some say it only accommodates people with narrow feet, but it can be resolved by getting a bigger size. Arch support are found to be good and most say it is comfortable and gives a very lightweight feeling.
RUNNER TIPS ON THE ASICS WOMEN’S GEL-VENTURE 4
- Do not use on hot seasons as the upper is not breathable. Running may not be as lightweight on the normal seasons.
- Use only for recreational running, road runs, or with mellow trails.
- Do not use for steep or technical terrains as its shallow lugs are not deep enough.
- Keep it clean by using a mild soap and letting it air-dry.
For its price around $60, its good value. If your needs are not complicated and if you don’t run 30+ miles a week. As it has a tendency to wear off earlier compared to other brands, you might reconsider a more durable women’s running shoes with added protection. It is important that you base your choices on your specific needs.
It is worth noting though, if you are a recreational runner with occasional trail running. It helps provide more stability for runners with its low-to-the-ground feel. Overall, it can be rated as among the best cheap running shoes for women.
Last update on 2019-08-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API